The plane which crashed in Colombia, wiping out a Brazilian football team...

>The plane which crashed in Colombia, wiping out a Brazilian football team, was late taking off because crew had to search for one of the players' lost video games, it was revealed today.

>The delayed departure meant a planned refuelling stop in Cobija, on the border between Brazil and Bolivia, was abandoned because the airport did not operate after midnight.

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2016/12/fuel-folly?
youtube.com/watch?v=lXSACImxjQs
youtube.com/watch?v=8sTBSKT79H8
soundcloud.com/elcolombiano/conversacion-entre-piloto-de-avion-accidentado-y-torre-de-control#t=0:00
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3992020/Colombian-crash-plane-ditched-crucial-refuelling-stop-20-minutes-late-taking-crew-looking-player-s-video-game.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lmao
I hope that player survived

Source

google it

d a i l y m a i l

One of the surviving players

video games breed serial killers, it's a well known fact

When will we learn?

>The delayed departure meant a planned refuelling stop in Cobija, on the border between Brazil and Bolivia, was abandoned because the airport did not operate after midnight.

Sure let's forget the Lamia left Bolivia at 18:18, arrived in the area at 21:30 and got told to proceed to land at 21:47

But by all means, let's blame the airport that got closed at midnight and has nothing to do with an Avro rj85 having 1600nm range on a route with 1605nm

HIJO DE PUTA

So... the plane ran out of fuel and crashed? that seems incredibly unlikely

You understand this happened in South America right?

The plane didn't get permission to land immediately, it overflew for about 15min near the landing area, eventually ran out of fuel and crashed. There were electric problems in the plane, too

Weren't the electrical problems just a symptom of the plane running out of fuel and dying?

>South America
Hey, don't throw us all in the same bag. That company tried moving to Argentina and it was denied permission because they didn't pass the minimum prerequisites.

the electrical failure was caused by fuel running out
the generator is powered by the engine

That didn't stop the AFA from flying the national team on that same airplane a few weeks ago

And yet they flew your national team just weeks prior

electrical*

>"It is unclear why the team was flying to a major sporting event with an airline like Lamia Bolivia in the first place. The only functioning plane it has ever owned is the 17-year-old jet that crashed into the muddy Colombian mountainside"

economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2016/12/fuel-folly?

Bribery most likely. Media says they were recommended by Conmebol

Sure but that's the AFA/CONMEBOL being corrupt, not the country. Which is corrupt yes but for other reasons, safety standards for planes are good.

Not bribery, collusion between Ricardo Albacete CONMEBOL.
The only unknown is whether the pilot was also part of the secret deals as well. He definitely played a part in the accident but we don't know whether he was being extorted or whether he was also taking advantage of the deal between LaMia and CONMEBOL.

>"[The pilot] was a co-owner of Lamia airlines. As such he had a unique set of incentives in this situation. Postponing a chartered flight in a time-sensitive industry is not good for business."

The absolute madman

this will end in a case of manslaughter for sure, against the pilot and whoever runs the airline

in South America, CONMEBOL cons you

>against the pilot and whoever runs the airline
Same person and ded.

>>[The pilot] was a co-owner of Lamia airlines. As such he had a unique set of incentives in this situation.
Fuck I didn't know that. That pretty much answers I know I'm asking too much of Latin America but I hope they also investigate the shady deals on CONMEBOL's side

No you stupid subhuman monkey, stop spreading misinformation around. I know that asking you to read before shitposting is too much for your IQ of 70 but the owner is Ricardo Albacete. The pilot was co-owner.

south american have small brains, who knew

>they changed the flight plan

NEVER change the flight plan

>the co-pilot is also a model
horny madman

>I know I'm asking too much of Latin America but I hope they also investigate the shady deals on CONMEBOL's side

This is a lane crash being investigated by Colombia and England, since it was a british made aircraft.

All relevant events will be taken in consideration, since the company malpractices could be in other planes as well, not only Lamia but the other ones from Albacete

Besides all eyes are now onto this

It was a 3000km flight and it had fuel for 3000km, got delayed a couple minutes and ran out of gas

Bolivian airlines, not even once

youtube.com/watch?v=lXSACImxjQs

>not flying with Air Botswana

I don't see what conmebol has to do with it?

article says they charged much less for the service compared to competitors, that's enough of a reason for AFA and a poor af club like Chapecoense to go with them.

>article says they charged much less for the service compared to competitors, that's enough of a reason for AFA and a poor af club like Chapecoense to go with them.
And you're saying conmebol didn't know beforehand that the company didn't meet safety standards? Maybe you're right but there's enough reasonable cause to believe in collusion or bribery and it should be investigated, not swept under the rug

>"The range of the plane model, a British AVRO RJ-85 jet, is 2,965km with a full tank of fuel, according to JACDEC, an air-safety website. That is less than the distance between the two airports. Global civil-aviation regulations state that any plane flying internationally must carry enough fuel to make it to an alternate airport, and enough to fly for 30 minutes after that. And yet somehow, the plane was on course to arrive safely. Mr Quiroga had requested for priority to land with air-traffic control, but he was rebuffed: another plane had a fuel leak and needed to land first. Only after that, when the jet had already begun to descend, did he declare an emergency."

>Bolivian airlines, not even once

not sure i'd want to touch anything related to boliva in general 2bh

Yesterday a reporter asked if conmebol had recomended the airline. The chape pres said "no, we had worked with them before". The reporter didn`t follow up.
>it should be investigated, not swept under the rug
What needs to be investigated is if Captain Cocalero assumed risks as a part of policy in his flights. The fact that the convo between the tower and the pilot leaked is an indication that someone was rather tired of lamia pulling this kind of shit a lot. And it has been confirmed that they did fly on very low or almost no reserves.

Yes but it's obvious at this point the owner and the pilot were cheaping out in order to increase profits. What we still don't know is how much of a responsibility does conmebol have.

Most cocaine in the world comes from Pero and Bolivia, if you are into this you'd already had some Bolivian love

Nice geography Hank

>owner and the pilot
they were the same person

my cocaine is free range, organic, and is sourced locally

what is the big deal anyway?

third world problems are just that.

>70 people are dead because a guy jew'd out on a bit of fuel and was too scared of going to jail to admit it

fuck you learn to read you're stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=8sTBSKT79H8

tbqh i just don`t see how conmebol can be blamed for this.

Even with max fuel, the range of RJ85 is near the limit for this route. It is more likely, the case where they are trying to fly with a dangerous margin.

>garysinho

kek i hadn`t noticed that. garysinho is prolly a fag.

>trying to fly with a dangerous margin.
Which is irresponsible af.
Also, no one has been clear about the procedure of declaring an emergency. He did so but only when he was dangerously close to crashing. It was like he was trying his hardest not to declare it to avoid the outcome of doing so (because they would have investigated).

i mean the owner of Lamia was the Pilot, so that is why he was cutting costs

The fact that an airline reputable enough to fly a professional football team wasn't prepared for the not-so-uncommon possibility of a delayed landing blows my mind.

Even for Bolivia, this should never happen to a modern aircraft.

Based

and add the fact they flew THE Argentina national team, and Venezuela

I still can't fucking believe that at the end of the day, the pilot would get in the air without enough fuel. You'd think that the desire for self-preservation would override any other concerns he had. Whatever else he was thinking about doesnt matter if you're dead. It just doesnt make sense.

wtf

He left with enough fuel...to get to Bogota, he just thought fuck that shit I'm too busy getting dome from my supermodel copilot

But under any circumstances they were too late to go to that airport because it was closed, right?

It was revealed by analysts that he and other company pilots did the same thing several times. They would get to destination, ask for priority because of fuel emergency and tower would allow it. This time there was a bigger plane at same time which got priority.

is the guy on the stretcher a corpse or just potato

that's poor choice of words, at the end of the day the pilot/airline chose to take the risk and make a direct flight. Why not make a stop at Peru? It was his choice, he knew beforehand.

No that was the first one, they could have done Bogota as an alternative but for some reason he thought fuck that

SI NO FUEL
QUE?

soundcloud.com/elcolombiano/conversacion-entre-piloto-de-avion-accidentado-y-torre-de-control#t=0:00

Audio between the air traffic controller and the plane if anybody is interested, at the 9 minute mark he declares the emergency

He didn`t declare an emergency until it was too late because he would be investigated and would have had his license revoked.

NO ERA FUEL

NO AEROPLANE NOW

Did they have some white employees or what?

fake and gay

Not quite. He did ask for priority but didn't declare emergency and was ordered to circle and advice it would take 7 minutes to get clearance, which he agreed upon.

Then when he declared emergency the A320 that was on landing due to fuel trouble was detoured along with the avianca and the Lamia was given vectors to land.

It was pilot error, the other aircraft was not relevant

This. Pilot dun goofed and tried to hide his mistake, by not letting aircontrollers know just how fucked they were.

tfw no Bolivian gf

I got a Bolivian poncho.
Comfy as fuck desu.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3992020/Colombian-crash-plane-ditched-crucial-refuelling-stop-20-minutes-late-taking-crew-looking-player-s-video-game.html

Did anyone bother to ask the all important question which video game it was? To decide if it was all worth it or not.

The Spanish language newspapers in Colombia say that it wasn't a video game. One of the players was in the terminal office with the co-pilot (the ex-model). The airline was requested to put her as a pilot on the flight by the team so the player could spend the trip with her.

They died because a player was fucking the 'pilot' and was hiding it from his wife.

Presuming a PS Vita

North Korean state tv said it was a CIA conspiracy to distract latin america from the death of fidel castro.

Big shocker, Colombians want to blame the Brazilian athletes instead of their fucking retard airline

Regardless of the reason for delay, the pilot/owner should have known better than to get in the air with the amount of fuel he had, plain and simple

>Colombians
It wasn't a Colombian airline.

It's really the unprofessionalism. A 1 plane airline is chartered with the proviso that a player's model-gf is used as co pilot, for a major international tournament.

Electrical problems? Maybe the dumb bitch hit the wrong switch. Ran completely out of fuel? Maybe she was giving wrong info to the pilot. In an emergency both pilots of emergency checklists...I doubt she contributed to keeping the plane in the air.

>My fucking face when South American monkey's think the reason the plane crashed was because of fucking Alex Jones tier conspiracy theories of collusion and not just because they're 3rd world shitholes don't know how to operate airlines.

When will you silly South Americans learn

Sup Forums is awful

Says the country with the worst Airline of all time

If you can point me to a single Aer Lingus or Ryanair crash that resulted in a fatality, I'd gladly post a picture of my cock with the Brazilian flag drawn on it.,

>Lemar thinks the Irish flag is the Malaysian flag

Ryanair's notorious incompetence must have killed a bunch of people by stress-induced brain aneurysm.

>Amerilard education

>Among Lamia’s customers were Atletico Nacional, Chapecoense’s would-be opponents in Medellín, and Argentina’s national football team. The squad’s luminaries, including Lionel Messi, perhaps the greatest player of all time, boarded the doomed Lamia plane just two weeks before the crash, flying from Buenos Aires to Belo Horizonte for a World Cup qualifier.

Ryanair's very decent these days