Why does taking the red pill have depression as a side effect?

Why does taking the red pill have depression as a side effect?

Other urls found in this thread:

themystic.org/dark-night/index.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=k-0VMnFmnL0
youtube.com/watch?v=usiMyhg_Q6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you have depression, congrats, you've disproven a shitton of "redpilling"

The truth isn't supposed to tickle.

because isolation and contempt breed depression. Getting 'redpilled' is just distorting reality towards those two impulses imho, so you get depressed.

the red pill irl is lsd

Because redpilling is bullshit, and you're actually just becoming a bitter fuck who can't enjoy anything and is unpleasant to be around.

would you prefer a steak maybe ?

>redpilled' is just distorting reality
No it's seeing the world for what it truly is.

Nigga did you even see the matrix?

>Why does taking the red pill have depression as a side effect?
underatet
Imagine you would be in the Matrix, but without the Fancy Power.
yeah thats me
living with uneducated ignorant people in a third world shithole. god i wish i could kill them all

no one's talking about the fucking matrix when they talk about 'redpilled' - they're talking about all this sad-ass MGTOW and MRA business- obviously they want you to think it's like the matrix but it's basically the opposite...besides, in the matrix movies it was essentially all a simulation all the time...so it doesn't even really work on that level either

Because the meaning to life is not the truth, but the illusions we are compelled to and enjoy. Intellect is only to dismantle reality enough to find functions we can advance our illusions with. With great power comes great responsibility. Not any idiot can handle the red pill.

This. This MGTOW shit is just sad little men who have no socials skills and can't get women convincing themselves that women are actually the problem. Their "red pill" isn't truth, it's just a delusion to shield them from introspection and actually having to adress their own deficiencies as people.

A poorly drawn coping strategy, like my effort for intelligence by agreeing with you using more elegant phrase.

And this right here is the sort of person who believes this red pill nonsense. A person who has managed to delude themselves into believeing themself superior to all others around them. I'm willing to bet he's also a NEET and probably never kissed a girl.

Protip: its you who has something wrong with them, not everyone else.

Because finding a life of meaning takes hard work, and it's much easier to accept the lies that are fed to you by parents, teachers, preachers.

After you realize how shitty our institutions are, and how shitty humans are in general, things seem a lot darker.

But if you can carry on and live a meaningful life in spite of that, you've leveled up. You win the game.

>ITT: Intellectual Manlets

The Red and Blue pills in the Matrix were symbols for a hard, painful truth and a comforting lie, respectively.

Third wave feminism and the constant devaluing of men that results from feminist propaganda and misandry, which is disguised as 'social justice', is the illusion (or lie) which is broken by the Red Pill.

Red pill is quantum physics, which is a foundation. Blue pill is classical physics, which is related but vastly different. We live as beings in blue pill, so trying to make red pill our existence is being contradictory to who we are, leading to depressive living. It is the stupidest lashing back at being fed up with life that anyone can do. Childish behaviour of adults to act as though trying to live opposite a well found system is somehow better. It may be disagreeable, but it is quite good.

Ok, much more simple to read...

If you go against the grain, don't bitch about the splinters!

this right here is somebody who live among people who judge other people only because of what they believe, thinking its ok to kill people in France, England, US, Sweden etc cause "they did worse things in Syria" or "thats doe by the CIA so they ca continue attack muslim countries. We are the victims"
i live in a hatepoisoned world, dealing with people way to dumb to argue with.
taking the redpill was for me to recognise that most of the people surounding me are blind to reality

I'm sorry you think you see the world for what it is. Knowledge like that can be a burden

Cipher was the most based character in these movies in my opinion.

Truth or happiness.

Cant have both. Then again i guess truth is subjective. Just do what i did and start shooting heroin, all your worries will drift away

Because you alienate yourself from human contact, and what contact you do have is filtered through a weird kind of naive application of self-aggrandizing cynicism.

It's only depressive if you don't accept the rules of the game, or refuse playing it because it takes too much time and effort.

I can't be bothered with it either, but am pretty fucking excited about how will this play out in like 30 years.

He accepted that he was a breed of human tailored for the lie rather than the illusion that humans existed which should be free from the system. A point largely missed by idiots that don't account the entire story.

The "depression" you speak of is a form of Dark Night of the Soul. Persevere and things will get better. Trust me.
themystic.org/dark-night/index.htm

I'm mostly left but have a couple from the right so what does that make me?

Because nazis deserve to be depressed.

>exude joy

Fuck bullshit like this. Everyone has downward points in their lifetimes, sometimes we're fucking overwhelmed by sadness and anger and yet people hound us saying we're not "trying" hard enough.

I'd really like to see you live a day in the life of someone who has actual chemical imbalances in their brains, I wonder how much positivity you'll be able to exude when all you feel is slow creeping death and decay. Just try harder, right?

This. Also checked.

You were given a script of lies, told to follow it only to realize that the script benefited 'them,' not you.

>'them'
Let me guess, you're talking about the Jews, aren't you?

>"DO NOT EAT"
Who are (((they))) quoting?

The Jews.
Society.
Government.
Your parents.
Schools.

Whatever.

the truth often does not align with your pre-programmed world view. As it is shattered you feel hopeless and truly realize how much you do not know.

he got the whole thing wrong lol

because the more you know the more you understand how doomed the human race is. i give us maybe 150 years tops and thats depressing

On a lsd trip with friends we came up with kinda that conclusion, we all being kinda slaves of "them", calling them "the corporation", watching us, monitoring us, experimenting with our daily basis, lol

I am sure that through all lifetime had been people saying the same thing and here we are

Oh fuck everybody. This other Sup Forumstard right here is sure that within the next 150 years we're all fucked. Better get all our shit done before then amirite?

It didn't take a 'trip.' For me, it took becoming a father. So much government bullshit and labels.

?

>becoming a father
Haha fucking cuckold.

talking beyond the government bullshit there

LOL

At each moment and juncture, you basically have a choice: self-love or self-awareness.

Self-love is based on protecting your self-image and boosting your self-esteem no matter the outcome of your actions. AKA: my action are mine, thus they have value and meaning.

Self-awareness, though is based on judging the actual merit of your actions. It is based on the notion that objective reality exists and if the outcome of your effort is shitty, wasteful or downright cruel, then you might not be as intelligent / productive / decent as you thought you are.

Self-love is about sugarcoating the actual responsibility for your actions with excuses, rationalisations or simply forgetting things; self-awareness, on the other hand, is accepting the pain, emptiness and self-loathing, steming from one's guilt for wrongdoings.

one might think that being depressed and having suicidal thoughts would help them in writing a research paper on depression and suicidal thoughts...
man did I fuck up this semester

It's called neoliberalism

A fucking normie

I'd say it's simply 'capitalism'.

Eh, capitalism was workable before the neolibs stole the left's language, and reframed all of liberty as simple, individual choices about the numbers of brands of bread to choose from.

Maybe neoliberalism is just the pseudo-corporal avatar of capitalism manifested in politics, like some kind of shimmering image of a demon.

all these buzzwords just prove you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. grow up

>WORDS TOO BIG MAKE SMALLER DUM DUM
yep, you're the grown up here

Any system that puts profit above people is not workable.

Ignorance is bliss.

To me, capitalism, understood as the ability to own people by the means of stockpiling the goods they need to use in order to survive, would fulfil the definition of a state described by

>knowing what you are talking about doesn't matter as long as you use fancy words
explain neoliberalism in your own words please. examples would be nice

I'm not going to disagree, but that's vague enough to be universally accepted by anybody who isn't a clinical psychopath or sociopath.
Hell, I'm an anticapitalist myself.

All I'm saying is that there was a clearer path forward (out of capitalism) in the political sphere before the advent of neoliberalism.
Good news is that it looks like the path is opening back up.

It can be problematic though, because even resistance can be framed in a way that supports the ruling ideology of neoliberal capitalism.

By workable, I meant traversable, escapable

Not me.

>To me
Stopped reading there.

>Not me.
then don't reply if you aren't even going to defend the other user's post but shitpost instead you dirty nigger

Well excuse me, should've been speaking in the name of Eternal Universe and Omniscient Truth instead?

nah... imma ok

No, that just wound have sounded gay.

7.5 billion people, fucked up weather, ice caps going by-by and mass exaction, yes tards we are fucked.

>No it's seeing the world for what it truly is.
>Nigga did you even see the matrix?
youtube.com/watch?v=k-0VMnFmnL0

Of course, it's because psychology is based on profiteering. They aren't teaching you to help people, they are teaching you to farm their insecurities.

>we
You might be alive in 150 years but I won't be.

It's not that I don't care, exactly, it's more that it's beyond my control and we're a shitty destructive faggot race anyway so it's the right thing.

7.5 billion is very much sustainable

The problem isn't that the majority fucks up everything by existing in such large numbers; the problem is that the super-rich, small minority wastes shitload of resources for sake of making more money than they can ever spend anyway.

You haven't finished the course of treatment. It's got nothing to do with MGTOW or MRA (who are mostly still living in a state of victimhood and despair). It's about self possession.

As lame as the presentation is, this infographic is mostly correct.

its only sustainable at the expense of other large animals, mass extinction=bad for humanity.

Dextromethorphan does that sometimes.

OK, so here's the thing.

Essentially, you're right. My point is: it's imaginable for 7.5 billion people (possibly even more) to live without furthering the environmental degradation.

However, that would require transcending the human nature as we know it, eg. limit the meat consumption, limit the ability to stockpile goods and money, limit the breeding rights, etc.

We would all basically be forced to give up some of our wealth and prospects for the sake of greater good - and who'll be willing to do that without having a gun pointed at them?

My sister is a psychologist. I want to get her two cents on this.

We need to seize the nukes and threaten countries that refuse to change

>seize
>nukes
The only rational reason to have nukes in the first place is as a last line of defense against assholes who think they can come and seize shit on sovereign territory.

Nah man, Frank Herbert had that shit right in the Dune Chronicles. Nukes were only to be used against an alien invasion, never in war with other humans.

I don't really consider myself any kind of redpiller, but I'd agree with this.

The people in most 'redpill' circles and the neighboring mra/pua/post-pua/mgtow worlds tend not to go far enough, and buy into naive narratives about how the world works that mirror soap-operas in how shallow and melodramatic they are (read what Elliot Roger wrote. I don't think he was crazy, just hurt, confused, mislead, and disturbed.)
Their anxiety is valid, and they're mired in the very real pain of the problem of being, but they don't really reflect enough, and haven't been given the philosophical tools to break out of The night of the world.

There's a parallel sort of thing that can happen in some spiritual circles, especially some esoteric forms of Buddhism, where you meditate on your own eventual death, visualizing all the details of your own death, decay, and total annihilation, but some during this end up killing themselves in utter despair, because they couldn't push through.

I haven't really developed this line of thought very much, but I typed it out, and here it is.

Because you've been ripped out of your comfy little bubble.

Happened to me once I realized going to church is asinine, all women are programmed to be sluts, and being alone is better than being in a group.

underrated

Hm. I've always meditated to the end of consciousness, i mean the moment I die, nothing beyond that. I guess I've got some more imagining to do... Cheers.
Also if I don't 'push through' Sup Forums can have everything.

when you change the way you look at things...

...the things you look at change.

Taking the blue pill gives you depression because no one sees your way.

Taking the red pill just turns you into a retard.

You need to take the purple pill.

Eh, you just end up in empty space.
Pretty cool. But it depends on what you want, The goal is detachment from your body as yourself [blah blah, the emptiness of 'self', I'm sure you get it].

I think a little bit of European stoicism helps.

Knowing others: Intelligent
Knowing yourself: Enlightened

-Lao Tzu

fuck you denali

Like the Eminem song?

Black pill is best pill.

youtube.com/watch?v=usiMyhg_Q6I

I think most of the problems described in this thread stem from self-ignorance.
When we talk about many of these issues, we're really talking about our own fantasies that we project on to The Other, about their over-enjoyment of degenerate pleasure, their plans to take away our own secret enjoyments, their plans for making our family, neighbors, and friends enjoy denigration and humiliation.

Oh look, capitalism.