Since this is Sup Forums, and I'm sure the majority of you are on disability, I figure this is the best place to ask

Since this is Sup Forums, and I'm sure the majority of you are on disability, I figure this is the best place to ask.

How long does it usually take to receive a letter regarding their decision? I've heard it can take anywhere from 45-90 days, and that has me worried, because my living situation is not stable, and if I won, I need to know so I can start applying for places to live.

nigger just live mommy

Get a job you fucking faggot. You aren't living off of my money cuck.

Legit disabilityfag here. Took me about 3 months. It was cool though because they backpay you for the three months they were making the decision, so I got a random deposit of ~$2500 in my bank account out of nowhere while the letter was in the mail.
Good luck though, only about 20% of disability claims go through without having to go through an appeal, which takes a little over a year. I was lucky and got it on the first try.

t. angy wagecuck

Also what's your disability claim for, do you have a lawyer, and what's your evidence?

No this is my appeal. I applied 2 years ago, and was denied originally, so this time around I got an attorney with the highest rate of success possible.

I just had my hearing on the 4th, and this was question that slipped my mind when I was with my attorney, and since it's the weekend I forgot to ask.

I don't actually have a bank account, so how would I get the money?

Permanent spinal cord injury from work related incident. I do have an attorney, and she's supposed to have a 98% success rate.

What this guys said.
Regardless, you're going to need some sort of permanent address - the vast majority of people will need to go through 2 or even 3 appeals, this whole process will take you over a year.
Just find a friend/family member that will let you use their address.
>info from user that worked at a ssd/ssdi firm.

They'll probably send you a check then. You should make a bank account, direct deposit makes things a lot more convenient.
Sucks, you should sue the workplace for more cash. And I'm pretty positive that your claim will go through this time, they usually just deny most people the first time to weed out the non-disabled people who are looking for free money.

Or just get a job like a normal functioning person

That's good; there's a lot of twists and turns to the rules and it really does help to have an attorney/advocate.
Remember, depending on a lot if factors (age, previous job, injury status per doctors' tests), this could take some time.
Get a stable address.

I wouldn't bother with disability it doesn't pay enough, I could work at mcdonalds and make more than people on disability get

Grow some balls and get a job you lazy faggot.

This

Disability pay is laughably low. I make more in a week than those retards get in a whole month

I can't appeal again. I was told this was the final decision, and either I won this appeal, or I had to re-apply. But my attorney is hopeful that it went in my favor.

Why does it take so long though? How long does it usually take to make a decision after the case, versus writing the letter and sending it out? If they need to give me the details, fine, do that, but if they have decided already, or plan to soon, then why not just call me or send me a letter with the short answer? It's going to take months or longer to find a place, and I can't start applying until I know for sure what the outcome is going to be.

But how much are you losing in gas/car maintenance/other costs?
I make about $740/mo on disability and I'm a full time student. My friends who are also full time students make about the same amount, after taking stuff like that into account.

I don't drive because it's expensive and I make 1800 a month

Well one could argue that you are the retard for not having a car. I used to be that guy, and it causes tension with friends and family who hate having to drive your ass around whenever you need something on short notice, gas money or not.

It's the government, they do everything as slowly as possible.

Being fat isn't a disability

I'm not going to spend 500+ dollars a month just to drive when I can just use my bicycle to get everywhere. People are lazy as fuck these days, if I do a big grocery shop or whatever I just get a taxi and it costs me 6$ to get all my groceries home

Hey I have a question Mr. Disability Man.

I have an ex buddy who got disability for epilepsy, but he was on great medication and hadn't had a single seizure in 3 years. He lost control of his bladder, but plenty of adults have that problem and should not be a deterrent for work. But even stranger still, is that now he is a volunteer fire fighter and still gets disability, still hasn't had a seizure for years! So how did he ever get on disability, and why is he still on it?

My wife's disability took a year and a half including the appeals process. Because she kept following through on the first application / denial, when it was approved she got a check for over $28k. My wife has kerakonis (sp?) and has had like seven cornea transplants. She was practically blind but has improved and her disability ends in July.

He shouldn't be on it if he can function in society, he's scamming the government if he can walk and talk etc and still be on disability

Lol you married a disabled person

How would that cost you 500 dollars? Assuming your car isn't a piece of shit that constantly requires maintenance. Mine isn't, and the most money I put into it is 60-80 dollars in gas, as 125 for insurance.

Unless you live in a state where insurance premiums are through the roof, you have a whack-ass idea about the cost of owning a car.

But it helps pay basic bills when you can't work

It costs 300+ a month just to lease a car and than you have gas and insurance which would easily make it around 500 a month

I can always work I don't take days off because I'm not lazy

Leasing is for idiots. Buy a nice used vehicle.

I can't save enough money to buy a car, after rent, groceries and bills I have like 10$ left over. It would take me forever to save enough for a car so I don't even bother

Iktf bro

>tfw consider everyone who drives wealthy and lucky as fuck to be able to go places without walking for hours
>tfw I'll never be able to afford a car

Get an advocate such as a psychiatrist or case worker

Walk in and start slobbering and acting totally retarded, that's the only reason anyone should be able to get disability

I saved up some money each month, set myself up a 1500 dollar max, and after about 6 months, scoured Craigslist, and found a 2002 Chevy Venture for 1500, talked him down to 1200, it had a good history report, with no accidents, and it has served me great ever since.

I saved up $1100 and then my step mom gave me $2000 and I spent it all on a bike.

I live on my own I can't save enough for it to ever amount to anything and plus after you buy the car you have to put gas in it and pay insurance etc so there's just no way I'd be able to afford that

Just get a loan from your parents.

It's a luxury for the wealthy that's for sure

>implying they aren't as broke as me

must be nice to be rich and privileged

You are correct, I have a hearing disability.

I went to a sporting goods store and bought a bike. That was 10 years ago, and I still use that bike. I'm pretty sure it cost me 200 dollars. You could have bought a used car for well under $3100, and had enough money left over for insurance and a trip or two to the gas station.

Just putting gas in a vehicle would have me broke as fuck. Never mind the insurance and shit needed to drive it

Or for people who aren't degenerate losers

>People are lazy as fuck these days

And you're on disability. Do you see the flaw in your logic here?

>Since this is Sup Forums, and I'm sure the majority of you are on disability,

the fuck? what kind of newfaggoted thinking is this? most of Sup Forums is in high school

I work full time I've never been on government assistance you idiot

Doesn't sound like you're disabled, so perhaps your extremely intelligent observations aren't relevant.

I never said I was disabled. I'm far from disabled

Dude my mom tried getting disability and she has ABUNCH of doctors who say she shouldnt be working and they still denied her

With that being said it does take a long time to get the papers and don't get your hopes after the couple of rejections she got a lawyer and the lawyer said basically no one gets it there first time applying because they figure there's a percentage of people who will give up after the first fail after all it is free money there giving away expect resistance

Tldr don't get your hopes up get a lawyer and keep appealing your case

Except perhaps mentally.

You've gotta be full blown screaming shit throwing retarded to get disability

Or just grow up and get a job. What do unemployed people do all day? Wouldn't they be bored as fuck considering disability hardly pays enough for anything?

I was fortunate enough to have my original claim approved within the first 6 months of filing my claim.

Kill yourself you leech

I know on my weekends off by Sunday I'm bored as shit wanting to go back to work

Not him, but I travel (I have money, not NEETBUX), read, program open source projects, and make OC.

How hard it is to get on disability for major depressive disorder (which is a federally-recognized disability)?

get a psych

Shocking to consider, but some people are actually disabled. As in unable to work.

Even if you are eligible, people frequently get turned down the first time. My uncle had to apply three times before they finally accepted.

I''ve been on ODSP for 5 years now. It's nice not having to work but I can't save for shit..

Even if you have a recognized disability it can be hard to get benefits. The process is byzantine and designed to reject people. I have bipolar disorder and I'm currently waiting for my hearing before an ALJ in July. Originally applied over 2 years ago.

All I did was sign two pieces of paper and I started getting $1100 deposits in my account every month.

Takes a few months for initial decision. Appeals process often takes years. The govt is hoping you die or otherwise fuck off

or become president