Jlin - Black Origami

What do you guys think of this album?

Solid but it doesn't really hold my attention.

jiln great band

another thread?
Jlin go to bed m8

Definitely not her, just couldn't find a thread about it after searching for one.

meh

10/10, one of the most interesting producers out there.

are you serious? it's generic as fuck. it sounds like the kind of electronic music every bedroom soundcloud producer makes.

Nah, show me one example

I'm not going to, I can't be bothered to try and find all the soundcloud albums I thought were boring, but I'm telling you that Black Origami does absolutely nothing new or interesting, it is boring and repetitive and basic as fuck, it literally sounds like it could have been made in FL Studio.

if you want actual unique electronic music, check out Daniel Lopatin, Impossible Nothing, Holly Herndon, Autechre etc.

Yeah I already listen to those, they're great too. Worthless argument without even one example dumbass.

>repetative
>it could have been made in FL Studio

You know zilch about production

it got boring quick. the songs are so indistinguishable

Your ignorance is showing.

You can be bothered to shitpost though, whats the difference. I personally dont get into jlins work (havent heard origami yet though) but its more because the songs dont really go anywhere and the groove doesnt build enough to be much fun to listen to. Still i think jlin has talent in production, they just rely too much on the minimalist trend to get away with half assed tunes

I have never listened to this artist before but decided to give it a shot.

Enigma is giving me a fucking headache.

Kyanite is also giving me a headache

why am I even listening to this?

don't bother, it's shit

I'm on 1%. It's not too bad. I can't stand that repetition in songs like Enigma, Kyanite or Nandi though. Although, I doubt I will even remember listening to this desu.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, I finished it. I'm not going to say I disliked it because I didn't but I still find it hilarious that Pitchfork gave this an 8.8. In what universe is this legitimately considered a really good album? At least Holly Herndon's music is interesting. Aside from Nyakinyua Rise (somewhat), the album is repetitive and forgettable.