Well Sup Forums I didn't think it would happen but I've run out of space on my 160GB iPod...

Well Sup Forums I didn't think it would happen but I've run out of space on my 160GB iPod. I don't want to lug my laptop around with me just to have all my music.

Wat do?

>what is spotify

I use google music

I don't want streaming services, you blockheads. I want either a better music player or an iPod mod.

Get another dur.

>use spotify
>have all your music saved
>only your favorite/most listened to albums downloaded

if you have a phone with a none shit memory this is the best way to go, there's no way you're constantly listening to every album in your library if its 160+ GB

Use spotify and by a headphone amp.

There. Now you have all your songs and studio quality.

if you know what you want why did you post

>want to carry around more than 160 gb of music
>streaming service will literally fix this AND provide access to all the music you want for fuck all cost

It's your only option, you fucking idiot

>listening to 1/4 quality shit
>browse Sup Forums

I don't have a smartphone and never want one.

>studio quality

lol

>what spotify does to battery life

yea no

Name a better option which allows you more than 160gb capacity.

Then what you're looking for doesn't exist

Get a fiio x1 and a 256gb micro SD

Not gonna lie if you actually want studio quality you need someone that plays 24bit depth flacs.

You'll also need IEMs.

Listen through your entire library. Every album once more. Then decide if you really need to have every single album with you at all times.

Be more discerning. I don't think there's 160GB of music out there that's worth having.

250 GB?

>T. Newfag

Spotify Premium lets you stream in 320, if you use an iPod I seriously doubt you've got all your files in ALAC.
me. I don't know what side I come down on. I've stopped updating my iPod, using different streaming services for stretches of time, taking advantage of free trials. i'm in existential crisis mode for unrelated reasons, can't be bothered to resolve this portable music dilemma cleanly because it's the end of time.

But what if I only listen to 24 bit-rate lossless Vinyl .ogg rips with High-Res Audio™?

My songs are 115Mb per minute of audio.

Still streaming aka still garbage.

I'm assuming OP doesn't want a 250 gb because it's so obvious. Unless he's that dumb

There's no need to have all your music with you all the time

I highly doubt that your ear can appreciate or recognise anything about 320 anyway.

I actually just did this but could do some more trimming.

>people do this
hahahahhaha

Are you implying headphone amplifiers are bad?

Headphone amp + ear buds is better than headphones, fampai.

he's literally too autistic to own a smartphone lol

I don't understand what OP wants. So, the audio quality has to be above 320, it can't be an iPod 250 gb, and it has to hold more than 160 gb. Streaming is out of the question, despite solving capacity problem, because OP's ears are too precious for anything 320 and under. Is this correct?

Nah man I'm fine with 320 even though I acknowledge that it's objectively inferior

>ear buds

I can't believe audiophiles still think that conversion make that big of a difference

even the guys recording that shit know it's overblown

Yeah just like our eyes can't appreciate 144hz sure user

depends on the headphones. also the source is the most important. if your source is shit al you are doing is painting shit gold

Then what exactly is the problem with spotify?

Unless you're headphones/ear buds cost over $300 you'll never notice the difference between 320 and 128, much less 320 and lossless.

Yeah but only with $100+ cables ;)

Bullshit. Maybe 192 and 320 if you do the have great cans, but not 128. I can easily tell the difference on my $250 headphones.

It's what I for my 32gb ipod. Still takes me a couple months to do a full cycle through. I started doing it because I was updating my library, taking stuff off that hadn't been listened to since it was put on.

Are you implying Hi-Res Audio™ isn't a good value for your money :^)?

It is good value when you aren't a dumbass and don't pay for shit you can get at half the price or less because it doesn't say Sony on it.

spotify shills should at least acknowledge that it doesnt have access to all the music you would want if you are actively interested in any non pop music

streaming on spotify completely fucks your data usage. idk what the data plans are in america, but i imagine that unless you are some unlimited plan with your parents that streaming everything at 320 could fuck you over.

@OP, get a phone with microSD slot that can hold 256gb card

An overhyped, sub-par streaming service.

>it doesnt have access to all the music you would want if you are actively interested in any non pop music
come on, you know you're exaggerating. Yeah, it doesn't have everything, but it's A LOT more than just pop music
I have 8gb a month in my plan and I stream regularly, im always at about 6 gb used when the month ends and the data resets. My phone is 32 gb, so I only have about 12 gb downloaded.