Jewish musicians

Who's your favourite jewish musician Sup Forums and why it isn't (((Paul Simon))) and (((Art Garfunkel))) ?

youtube.com/watch?v=H_a46WJ1viA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FH2EgYq_NCY
youtube.com/watch?v=ibKAAShM_qo
youtube.com/watch?v=y7C7V8IK2Ek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Robert "Bob Dylan" Zimmerman. With all due respect to Simon and Garfunkel, Dylan is arguably the greatest and most influential musician in the history of popular music.

>inb4 "all of them"

Lou Reed is my favorite jewsician

My favorite echo is still Dylan. But I also love GYBE, Schoenberg, Carole King, and Paul Simon off the top of my head.

leonard cohen senpai. simon and garfunkel ofc also have my heart though

Sunn-O)))

Geddy Lee. Ramones and Beastie Boys are p dope too.

(((Beck))) is pretty good. (((Beastie Boys))) as well

tie between Lou Reed and Dylan

Good reminder, old Lou was God tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=FH2EgYq_NCY

Leonard Cohen is the only critically admired Jewish musician who I do not think is overrated because he is Jewish.

Stephen Malkmus and Yoni Wolf are my favorites

Geddy Lee

schoenberg, morton feldman, john zorn, and ira kaplan are my favorites

when has this ever happened

>Geddy Lee
more like shitty taste

carrie brownstein

In the play (((Fiddler on the Roof))) written by (((Joseph Stein))), the song "If I Was a Rich Man" (my favorite in the play), was based on a monologue by (((Sholem Alecheim))). The monologue was originally called "If I Was a Rothschild". I learned this fact the other day and have been looking for an excuse to post it.

David Portner AKA Avey Tare

>when has this ever happened
often happened with more Folk singers. Personally, I think Cohen's strong Jewish faith is integral to his music and why it's so beautiful.

people had inappropriately inflated opinions of them because they were jewish? i don't think this is really a thing. yes though leonard cohen is a poet and a legend

This

not the original poster for that, but I personally believe so. I already posted my favorites though over here Forgot to mention Cohen originally

youtube.com/watch?v=ibKAAShM_qo

Don't like jews but this is good

youtube.com/watch?v=y7C7V8IK2Ek

Macklemore

one of, for sure, and agreed.

(((Gene Ween))) of Ween and (((Donald Fagen))) of Steely Dan.

Aaron Copland or Kurt Weill

>I think
>I personally believe so
>gives no examples or decent evidence

graceland is goat and idgaf about the nwo

The (((Mael))) bros easily