S/fur

s/fur
Here's something that would be neat: A Minecraft-like game where parts of the world are stabilised (immunised to spontaneous change) by the presence of players, and the world is generated using the stable parts of it as a template.

So if you build a house, then wander north, you could encounter the same house (more likely a distortion of it), but then if you wandered south again you could encounter something different.

The biggest problem with it though would be that random wandering would gradually cause one type of structure (likely empty space) to dominate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SSsNaAB9wlg
youtube.com/watch?v=pgRFvTQOTvo
battleship-game.org/en/id00000001
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lurking

h/fur:
heresy/fur:

>announcing that you're lurking
no

Where's the other namefags

Here
I'm user

Nice feet

>namefagging as Anonymous
I mean, I can't really correct you on whether or not you are.

I love fur pics with that face

sauce

no sauce, sry

what
Is that two different people posting the same image by amazing coincidence, or one person who saved then posted the same image twice for some reason?

look at the bewbs

You ever play that game where you notice the differences in two of the similar images side by side?

No death!

Oh, I see. Also, it's called "spot the difference".

>tfw when this thread is still alive

> she left me for a girl
> she left me for another guy
> she made me go through a lot
> she has a split personality
> she fell in love with my other persona again but she doesn't know it's me

WHY!?

youtu.be/SSsNaAB9wlg

Legit question
How often do mothers breastfeed their children until really late ages?
Like, allowing their children to breastfeed even at like, 12 or whatever.

almost never.

Help me mouse guy

Seriously. Build a fucking bridge. Get over it.

My retirement plans are to get a sexy fursuit and pretend to be a young trap until I die of cancer
Either that, or have enough money to do stupid shit with in Africa like attempt to build the Babel Tower at the canonical scale of 2.5km.
I've done the math, and found out that the Babel Tower is physically possible as long as it's not a vertical tower, it needs a very slight slope if the strongest possible clay bricks are used.
I should try find out how much that would cost.

>physically possible as long as it's not a vertical tower
Please explain this to me.

Say that you laid a clay brick down, then started piling identical bricks on top of it until the pile was 2.5km high.
If I recall correctly, if that brick was the strongest it could possibly be with current brick-manufacturing techniques, the pressure the bottom brick is subjected to would be only slightly over what is required to crush it.

So if the tower had a significant slope, distributing the weight of the tower over a wider base, even rather sub-optimal bricks would be easily able to tolerate being part of a mind-bogglingly large tower.

The neat thing about being made of clay is that it can be made by thousands of poorly paid unskilled labourers, which is the only realistic way to make it.

so, a pyramid. Or a cone shape in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=pgRFvTQOTvo
>0:50
I hear variants of this theme a lot, but what's it called?
Description says "East Hardwood" but neither DuckDuckGo nor Google return any results.

More realistic would be an incredibly tall ziggurat.
It's much simpler to manage the construction of, and easy to alter midway.
Plus, if the Babel Tower ever did exist (with likely exaggerated proportions), it was probably a ziggurat.

The amount of raw materials required would be insane. As with time to make it. But I think it could be /possible/.

>ziggurat

Fuck, you just reminded me how much I love Ancient Babylonia

The raw materials are trivial to obtain.
Pure(ish) clay is abundant in nature, and pretty much any soil you dig up can have clay extracted from it through very simple methods.

As for time, as a ballpark figure, to finish the tower within a reasonable amount of time (less than a decade), 10,000-20,000 people would be required. Maybe more, maybe less.

A huge portion of the work is manufacturing and transporting the bricks, but those are things done very efficiently by machines.
Actually getting the bricks into place should be relatively easy, as long as the construction method allows for some imperfection in brick placement.

But that's where Jews come from

If you think about it, the Babel Tower story is actually entirely realistic.

It's possible for clay structures to reach that height; but for frail sun-dried bricks (the canonical material of the tower, along with mortar) and assuming a diagonal tower slope, it would probably collapse late in construction.
It would be realistic for a city of about 100,000 people to make it if the work was spread over about a century.
A massive clay tower would become a mountain of pulverised rubble if it collapsed, which would erode easily enough to look like a normal hill after millenia.

I enjoy thinking about the possible. However, it was very obviously not a real construct, at least it wasn't at the time.

For example, taking into account the different species present in the region in which the story of noah and the flood was recorded, it is possible to create a ship large enough to safely house a male and female of each species and for such a ship to last at sea for the full 370 days. With modern technology though, as wood and tech of the time would have certainly failed. Though, the further you get into thinking about it the more the logistics begin to crumble even with modern tech and materials.

>spend ages shilling Ring Runner because I want other people to play it with
>eventually give up
>check SteamCharts
>the game hit 143 players (average is about 4.5 players) a month ago and I missed it
>hit 44 players earlier today and I missed it
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think it's perfectly realistic for such a ship to have been made: just get decently thick and straight branches/trunks, lash them together, and fill the gaps with mortar.

Feeding everything onboard wouldn't be hard either; the only things eating a lot would probably be just a few sizeable herbivore species, and a year's food for them could easily fit on a ship. Like, a dozen cubic metres of grain would be nothing if the ship you made was just a big box, but so much grain could go a long way.

My dick.

Fuck

Are you striving to find meaning in life with such passion and vigor that the possibility of giant wooden ships with thousands of species of lifeforms placed on board seems like a realistic idea?

The ship of the size told /could/ exist. It could also float. And the feed is where the impossible hits. Feeding Lions lands around 4 tons per lion of meat per year. That's 8 tons for two lions. Now take into account that you need to get meat for these animals. Fish could work, but now you need a fishing operation for that.

Now apply this sort of math to Horses. Hyenas. Wolves. Foxes. Rhinos. Tigers. The Greater Plains Jew. Foxes. and so many more species. The single boat would turn into many specialized carriers specifically growing food and or keeping meat supplies in check.

Then you get to water. The water would be saltwater primarily, and even then highly contaminated with dirt and debris en masse. You need another fleet of cleaner and purifier boats.

Then you get to cleaning. It would have to be done constantly or else the wood would become stressed or begin to rot due to waste seeping into it. Another small fleet constantly floating and repairing this ship.

It is, by technicality, possible with modern materials and technology. And a specialized carrier group. But at the time of recording, the technological gap is faaarrr to great for such a ship to do all of that at once. Even our modern tech can't do that.

>A game where eventually EVERYTHING will end up made from dicks and bare close resemblance to one. And maybe swastikas too.

Well, I managed to find a game with 3 other people, but I think I managed to "pubstomp" even though it was co-op.
They all quit just before the end, probably because I was about ten times more effective than all of them combined.
MvP by all metrics (ship kills, drone kills, structure kills, healing done) even though they had been playing for 37 minutes and I was playing for 8 minutes at the most.
Still, at least my aura of complete and utter overpoweredness was so strong that even my absolutely pathetic teammates were permanently at full health if they were anywhere near me.

The odd part is, the difference in our effectiveness was our ships more than our skill, and yet I didn't really have any equipment advantages over them. It's just about picking the right loadout.
They picked decently powerful lasers, I picked the ability to produce clones of me; which as well as spamming highly lethal orbs of light that make their lasers look like silly string, produce shield drones and healing drones.
Also, the clones have the ability to make clones and drones temporarily indestructible.
The resulting mass of nigh-invincible clones and drones means that the screen gets coated with incredible firepower and enemy projectiles are pretty much completely negated since the enemy was probably inside an indestructible shield when they fired.

>Playing simple game for fun with buddies vs autism tryhard pro mad k1llz
nothing out of ordinary there, happens.

battleship-game.org/en/id00000001

I should have known better, I didn't notice at first that it was "Runner" difficulty.
Which is technically "Medium" difficulty even though it's difficulty level 2 out of 7.

To put in perspective how dickish and tryhardy what I did was:
>The highest difficulty makes enemies thrice as deadly, thrice as hard to kill, and gives them extremely clever piloting; groups of very experienced players struggle on this difficulty
>My teammates were getting killed by even drones on medium difficulty, a difficulty which experienced players rarely touch because they just instakill everything
>The ship I was fighting with is makes the highest difficulty level zero challenge, no matter what the gamemode is

It's such a ridiculous level of tryhard that it's actually kind of funny, it's comparable to bringing a rapid-fire shotgun to a kiddy paintball match.
But next time, I'll use something that's less overpowered and actually requires skill to fly.

Boom, headshot!

bastards!

get snek'd

kys.

Eat that snek goddess!

Gah. Where did the bible fur go? I was sort of having fun.

tbh I really don't know much about the Middle East and the bible.
I only really know stuff about the feasability of building the Babel Tower.

A real, alive 600 BCE structural engineer among us!
You won't see this on DIscovery channel boys!

ah. That's fine man. I thought you were a christfur. I wanted to try and make you rethink your entire life. Or at least get depressed and thinking about eating a .44.

I really want my paws licked like that
Also I really want paws

This is now a paw thread

From bad to worse.

paaaaaaaaaws

>feet tard

IF space == EMPTY:
space = fill ()

That game would be cool. Any other fur-grammers here?

nice cs degree

yay!

>tfw you want to program the remake of a game but first you need to sell off the 700 copies of the original which was made in 2010 but never sold

>poorly drawn
>three toes
>tiny pawpads

I've dicked around in a few different languages, I'm considering doing a few projects to build a portfolio and getting into the industry.

Yes this is a furry thread, but it's paw thread now, this counts.

pls no bully