Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f8nkHrv_4Mg
youtube.com/watch?v=vrnxtk-zP0k
youtube.com/watch?v=7e2onks6CGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fur real

youtu.be/f8nkHrv_4Mg

but is it better than Alice in Chains

Depends on which album. It's not better than Dirt.

jar of flies is my favorite

This is better

>Superunknown
>good
Get some taste nigger faggot

you hurt my feelings :(

>not temple of the dog
>yfw chris was behind the only listenable thing pearl jam ever did

They're all good in their own respective ways

pearl jam is ass

Good. Now lynch yourself you fucking aids pig nigger.

None of your faggots ever notices Kim's face on the cover

:O

I know, and Temple is the only good thing they ever did. It's Chris singing over PJ's musicians with Vedder buried in the mix where he belongs.

Limo Wreck is the fucking best
youtube.com/watch?v=vrnxtk-zP0k

I think it's the best album from the grunge scene
Whether Soundgarden overall is better than AIC is another question which I can't answer

>:O

Die nigger.

Can someone list their top5 grunge albums ever?

:'(

>grunge scene
>grunge meme

Stop. None of those original Seattle bands sound like one another. The only unified "grunge" that was were the shitty postgrunge bands made to capitalize on the Seattle bands.

>le edgy Sup Forumstard meme

Hows being 12 brah

LONG TIME COMMIN'

Kim was fucking Chris' wife. Kim killed Chris

No, because grunge isn't a genre.

>None of those original Seattle bands sound like one another
I never said they did.
It's a scene because it's from the same time and place.

You were born in 2006, what the fuck do you know.

Never claimed it were. You can still list yout top 5 albums from the grunge "scene".

Hows being a nigger, nigger?

>le autism man

>pajeet fucking greek orthodox wife
But why
>faggot who thinks Nirvana sounds like Alice in Chains sound similar
You're in no position to be calling others underage.

>le normalfag man
>le music illiterate man

Superunknown
Ailce in Chains
Down on the Upside
Jar of Flies
Vitalogy

>music illiterate
>doesn't know what the word "scene" means and thinks it's the same a "genre"
literally illiterate

>muh scene
There was a Seattle scene yes. If you're going to make a list, then protip: bands like Candlebox, Bush, and Stone Temple Pilots don't count. None of them are part of that "scene".

Thank you for your contribution

>illiterate calling others dumb when describing a scene with a made up mainstream media term "grunge"
literally normalfag

>being this made when proven wrong

Nobody said they were you retarded faggot, stop putting wording in everyone's posts so you can feel like you're smarter than everyone. This is the 3rd fucking time, just keep your autism to yourself.

Thank you for your contribution

of course

First of all, Mark Arm coined the term in reference to the Seattle Scene.
And secondly it makes no difference who came up with it, it's a word used to describe a thing, people use it because people associate it with that thing since it's used for that thing so much, that;s what language is, you stupid fucking twat. Get off your fucking high horse.

HAHA LOOK MOM I SAID NIGGER IM COOL RIGHT XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

this is the best grunge album

1. Dirt
2. Superunknown
3. Nevermind
4. In Utero
5. Ten

Yeah 2 Nirvana albums because they have pretty drastically different sounds.

Where most of the bands albums sounded pretty much the same album to album aside from slowly evolving over time.

Nevermind is a slick produced, chorus heavy pop album, In Utero is a more raw, punk influenced album with dirtier more abrasive production.

el bumpo

That's power pop.

>90% pre nu-metal jargon
>10% drowned-out radio pop

doesn't sound like it. if that's power pop then nirvana is power pop too

No one said the other albums are bad

Except you.

If you're implying Superunknown is bad you really need to listen to it again.

Could not agree more. The only song i like Vedders vocals on is Once.

Nevermind was definitely power pop.

change round Nevermind and In Utero. Other than that i agree with your list

have you listened to reign o'er me in the tribute concert to the who?

That Alice in Chains song with Cornell is fucking god-tier

Alice Mudgarden is truly based

Frogstomp: Silverchair
Dirt: Alice in Chains
In Utero: Nirvana
Live through this: Hole
Mellon Collie: Smashing Pumpkins

>Frogstomp: Silverchair
Shite.
Diorama was top tier pop though.

AiC - Dirt
Nirvana - In Utero
AiC - Jar of Flies
Screaming Trees - Sweet Oblivion
Pearl Jam - Ten

As far as early 90s alt-rock that often gets lumped in with the whole grunge mess, there's also:
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen

okay, extra thick and noisy power pop

Good night sweet prince ; (

>Lol he dead, let me finally listen to it

Ultramega OK
Superfuzz Bigmuff plus Early Singles
Bleach
Superunknown
Down in the Upside

>Frogstomp: Silverchair
>Mellon Collie: Smashing Pumpkins
those aren't "grunge" albums fucktard

>being this triggered
stay mad nig

Thank u for the morning laugh sir

>Mark Arm coined the term in reference to the Seattle Scene.
Nope. Hw used it as an adjective to describe a band he was shitting on
>And secondly it makes no difference who came up with it,
It does, because all the major Seattle bands hated the term.
>it's a word used to describe a thing, people use it because people associate it with that thing since it's used for that thing so much
Stop using the word thing so much you inarticulate millenial faggot. And your reasoning is moronic relative bullshit
>that;s what language is, you stupid fucking twat.
Research trumps your relative bullshit that distorts language and ruins history you cunt faggot

is the Sup Forumstards trying to get in on the grunge seen now?? interesting... and cancerous.

in no order:
>Local H - As Good As Dead
>STP - Core/Purple
>AIC - Dirt
>Nirvana - Nevermind
>Soundgarden - Ultramega OK
>Pearl Jam - Ten

Not a top 5 but close enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=7e2onks6CGY

>F3 "meat puppets"
>0 results

You people suck

No Code, Dirt, Superunknown, In Utero, Vitalogy.

This album is kinda sad. I used to listen to this and Portishead back then and it helped me cope with some issues I had at the time. I haven't listened to their music in ages but this is some cool music we'll never hear again.

How deaf must you be to think they *don't* sound similar

>le screaming elfman.jpg

Smashing Pumpkins is not grunge...

If anything they killed grunge

Best one on that album my man

>Cornell and Thayil are at the helm of their craft, and Shepherd has brought a whirlwind of originality into the downtrodden hard-rock band. To confirm, the tour de force of Superunknown (A & M, 1994) definitively proclaims Soundgarden seamless grunge samples and ever-classic hardrock classics. By abandoning the most heavymetal poses and rediscovering the fascination of Gothic and Psychedelic sounds, the group writes the most linear and rational pages of its history, cleansing the sound of all the excesses accumulated in recent years, simplifying the harmonies , Communicating directly to "metallers" and not. Cornell has firmly taken the helm of the ship, and his diktat looks good to his comrades, more concentrated and essential than usual. Extravagances (such as stratified stratified guitar) are blended without trauma in a stream of sliding sounds. Emblematic of this laid-back "mid-age" art are Head Down, instrumental masterpiece of psychedelic and raga-rock, and Black Hole Sun, a slow-moving atmosphere that incorporates the threatening electronics of British "dark punk".
>Even the blues regain its central position, but slowed and weighted (Mailman) or streamlined with unusual timbral and rhythmic variations (Fresh Tendrils). The limit of Soundgarden's music is always the same: how many times you can repeat the Hypnotics riffs of How Many More Times. Let Me Drown (epidermal version), the title-track (epic version) and Spoonman (frenetic / danceable version) are perhaps the three "classic" songs on the album, but they all pin around the same harmonic pattern. Limo Wreck is also a new review of the deadly riffs of Dazed And Confused. Cameron's style of battery quotes John Bonham practically at every turn; Not to mention Thayil, that's a Jimmy Page clone. Cornell has become the original sound of the Soundgarden, as his "shouter" style can give way to whole tracks, as in The Day I Tried To Live, and animate even the most faded trials.

I think you can actually unify grunge as a genre.

Despite the obvious sludgy sound (which would make grunge kind of a "sludge rock", the way "stoner rock" is to "stoner metal"), I'm just going to say a very characteristic thing that I had always noticed: their choices of chord changes are pretty similar; the way they use modulation in their simple punk or metal chords and, also, voice melodies. You hear that constantly: "In Bloom" by Nirvana, "Would?" by Alice in Chains, "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden, "Even Flow" by Pearl Jam, "Blinding Sun" by Mudhoney etc. This is also what post-grunge bands do ad nauseam but with a more pop flavor.

1. Louder than Love
2. Dirt
3. Superunknown
4. Badmotorfinger
5. Ten

I guess Ten's got to go since you forgot down on the upside

No shit

No

Yeah, I know it's a bit saturated, but Soundgarden was the first band that made me realize that I wanted to be a musician, so I have a bit of a bias.

1. Nirvana - Nevermind
2. Nirvana - In Utero
3. Alice in Chains - Dirt
4. Soundgarden - Superunknown
5. Stone Temple Pilots - Core

I was going to post this good thing I scrolled first eh

I wasn't even joking, though
down on the upside would have to be on my top 5