"What's your favorite team?"

>"What's your favorite team?"
>mentions one of the Top Euro clubs
>"No, I meant here in our national league."
>"Oh, I don't follow this country's teams."

My hometown doesn't have a local team, so we all just watched Real or Barca. The closest MLS team is farther away from me than Lima is from Quito.

They play like shit, but I really like the team enough to go to all home games.

How people can be this stupid?

>tfw no local team

but my local team went bankrupt and I'm too jaded to follow a new one

>in Ecuador

can't blame them, desu

Then again, if they're legit Barcelona Sporting Club fans, I guess it would be okay for them to follow FC Barcelona. It would technically not be bandwagoning :^^^)

My parents and I are citizens...

> tfw when my local team is the best team of my country

>a bunch of friends are sitting together and excitedly talking about the latest CL draws

>lol arsenal are fucked as usual
>no way m8 barca are shit this year messi is done
>rigged
>he rates Zidane
>TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>fuck off real bandwagoners
>EPL is the best league, why do you follow Spanish two team trash? only like 190 days til lestah wins the cl
>England is utter shite m8 scholes is the only good player to come out of that cunt
>oh I got some quotes

>some ugly grumpy faggot with a hunchback slouches over to the friends
>"What's your favorite team?"
>someone mentions one of the top euro clubs
>"No, I meant here in our national league"
>"lol we don't follow teams in our boring rigged third world league"
>hemakes a face of extremely bored disgust and oozes away
>friends go back to talking animatedly

>grumpy faggot hears a faint "tsuuuuuu" as he walks back to his mancave

I don't understand why someone would want to support a team in another country. Means nothing to you, no local fans to hang out with, can't go to matches. I understand wanting to watch high quality leagues like EPL or la liga, but why do you have to actively support a team too?

Don't they win like everything at home?

>no local fans to hang out with
this isn't true. Big teams have fan clubs all over the world and they often go to matches

They're called tourists

no they're called fan clubs

My city has an amateur team in an amateur league, basically on par with the Isthmian League. I'm talking about Criollos FC, then there's Puerto Rico FC, but they came in 2016 so yeah.

"poland real madrid fan club"

is there anything sadder desu. sporting-wise, respect the Legia fans who lost like 11-2 to Madrid more than the Madrid Poles.

depends on the club

In Bulgaria there were thousands of Bulgarians who supported Arsenal in the Ludo match but when they asked one guy about it he said 'Ludo were formed 6 years ago, I've been an Arsenal fan for 15+ years, why should I support them" and he has a point

America?

SPARTAK MOSCOW here. We're winning the league this year, niggers.

I don't even follow our league. Feels good man.

>calle 13
The fuck ever happened to that guy?

>the city of venecuela

no he doesn't

he definitely does and all your whining isn't going to stop him from loving his club you stupid monkey

t. plastic leaf bandwagoner

>his club

lmao it's Kroenke's club

he shouldn't support either desu

>be me
>in school
>everyone supports either United or Liverpool, occasionally Celtic
>United and Liverpool fans get into heated, vitriolic arguments over teams they've only ever seen on tv, from cities they've never been to
>"who do you support user?"
>"why, I support [local League of Ireland team], we got promoted to the top flight recently"
>"ya, but who do you REALLY support"

AGUANTE COLO-COLO Y EL DEPORTES TOMÉ CONCHETUMAREEEEEEE!!!!!

This is disgusting as fuck
the most worrying thing is that this is more common now than ever here in the new generations. I mean its such a colombian/mexican thing to do, if you are argentine you have to support an argentine club

user, those people only watch football on TV.
You might be underage or too young to remember, but Clarin and TyC owned the rights to transmit all football matches from the Primera A for 16 years (1992-2009). You needed to pay the premium service or buy a knock-off deco (which would stop working randomly as the cable companies caught up). The only football basic cable showed was European (ESPN).

>talking with my cousin
>we live in Wisconsin
>I'm a Packers fan but my second team is the Seahawks
>mfw

>friend bandwagoned the Packers a few years ago
>then the Ravens
>then the Chiefs for some reason
>paid money for Cobb, Rice, and some chiefs players jerseys

And this has to do with...?
I remember that, I had a decodificador but you could go to a bar too
If anything the new generations doing this is worse because they could see the matches on public tv or (now with Macri) on the internet

Sometimes a local team is too hopeless and shitty

t. Caballito user
Fuck Ferro

>>And this has to do with...?
Cool reading skills, mate:
>>those people only watch football on TV.
>football on TV only shows European football
>surprised they don't care about teams they couldn't follow on TV
The trend of European sympathizers are 20-30yos who used to be underage back then. They were taught that everything from the USA or Europe was better (Me*em lo hizo), and it was the beginning of European leagues stealing thousands of players to fill every fucking position to make football more competitive and eye-catching.
There was PC Futbol, FIFA, Winning Eleven. All sports games that had no local leagues. Sports shirts from international football teams were imported by the thousands.

Every effect has a cause. Critical thinking 101, user.

That only happens in non-football nations or amongst millenianls who grew up watching Barcelona and Real Madrid

They have good chances of getting a promotion this season

>expecting me to watch MLS
Liga MX for this diablo blanco

i dont support any team but i like watching madrid/barca cause they're the best and its fun to watch them

I understood that but I was talking about even younger people, born in this millenium and you redirected it to 20-30 yos.
Anyway, I don't think what you said about that specific range of age is true because I have that age and I don't know anyone from my group of friends or uni classmates that supports Real or Barca

>words "respect" and "Lelgia" in the same sentence
please never talk about football and especially polish football ever again

ATREVETE TE TE

CHI

That's me, I'm from Colombia and couldn't care less about any South American league. Europe is all that matters t b h

This is the exact reason I do support a team in a different country. I have completely quit watching all professional and college sports over here because I'm tired of hearing dipshits talk about them nonstop. It's too much. With European football and F1, I don't ever have to hear someone mention it. It's wonderful.

Married an argie and moved to the USA

He used to hate Americans but now lives in New York lol

Manchester United.

this is one thing I've never really understood about people who claim to support a team in a foreign league. Supporting a team is much more than just watching them. I suppose I can understand it, but having been a supporter of a Premier League club that is in the same city I live in, the concept of supporting a club 1000 miles away seems alien to me.

Non-league and grassroots football in England and elsewhere is becoming more and more popular season on season, which can only be a good thing considering there is bound to be a non-league club within a 5 mile radius of your home

Who /tigres/ here

One of the best clubs forming players.
Sporting Clube Portugal.

the best is the stretched ties

>my great uncle knew a butcher from there

yeah, if you support a team for no familial or geographic reason, then there's no real shame in it, just makes it funny if they lie about it. The experience of an overseas fan is worlds different than a local supporter

>Supporting Correa's team

Best off being an Emelec fan...

>Walmart Miramomtes
>The Home Depot

lel

I used to do this but after >my team won the CL and I pretty much climaxed, my interest slowly waned and I became much more involved in the team I was raised to root for

True. I can't take people serious that don't support their regional team or don't have any loyality to your regional sports teams at all. You don't choose your team, your team is assigned to your by your regional belonging from early own.

>el Clasico is played this week
>everyone makes bets with eachother
>banter after the game when Real or Barça loses

>local clasico (Chivas-Atlas) is played this week
>no one gives a flying fuck

Moving to Guadalajara is one of my biggest mistakes, biggest land of bandwaggoners

>Corrrea's team
>not emelev