THIS IS NOT A DRILL

burial.bandcamp.com/album/subtemple

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!XVlWiLSL!HaU1Io-LHbHwj9zWhRmvYg
youtube.com/watch?v=UbQbmbNTyXU
youtube.com/watch?v=0MPmrmmxaRo
youtube.com/watch?v=sCzJQRVbWtE
reddit.com/r/burial/comments/6c1upu/new_burial_single_subtemple_beachfires_out_may/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds pretty good to me
any1 has links of download yet?
probably will grab the wax but i need to listen it at true 320 first :/

Tracklisting:

1. Subtemple (07:23)
2. Beachfires (09:50)

Young Death / Nightmarket was fucking shit.

I hope to god this is better.

It's like the intros to his songs made into 2 full length tracks. eh.

wow, this is shit. it's completely beatless, with crappy vocals and clock winding sounds. it's not even good ambient, like 36, gas, loscil etc... just found noises without any sense of melody/atmosphere/etc... he used to nail this stuff back in his early work, but burial has completely lost it at this point.

wow this is.......not good. at all.

and i say that as a will bevan apologist.

fucking lmao.

do yourselves a favour.

WHAT THE FUCK!

I finished listening to it. Young Death / Nightmarket was shit but at least it had something going on. These two songs are beyond lifeless. Young Death was Soundcloud-tier shit but this is just a pure mistake. Did he make this with a Chromebook?

so lets recap:

will hasn't released anything of value since Kindred in 2012. That's 5 years now he has been releasing sub-500 followers soundcloud-tier music, with all the ridiculous unwarranted hype that surrounds it. during this time, we've had tranny step, trancecore-ripoffs, butcher job of a goldie classic, the worst collab in the history of mankind with melon zomby, shitemarkets, and now 2 generic ambient tunes that you forget about the moment they finished.

ffs will, what the hell happened in your life to fall off the cliff like this?

truant/rough sleeper was good tho tb h

agreed senpai

Is this shit a joke?

here you all go, to save yourself paying money for this shite mega.nz/#F!XVlWiLSL!HaU1Io-LHbHwj9zWhRmvYg

rival dealer fucking bangs famalamb

>Burial returns to Hyperdub for a surprise two tracker of ghost hardware urban ambience and Metal Gear Solid garage. Here we find our hero returning to the rain-soaked South London boroughs from which his one-of-a-kind sound first came to fruition. Subtemple / Beachfires is sure to be William Bevan's most widely praised recording since we all fell under the angelic garage spell of Untrue, a decade ago.
On the A-Side, Subtemple deploys the inner workings of the Keysound classic 'Temple Sleeper', yet where that track spun off into a trance-inducing hardcore number, Subtemple steps deeper into the mix and comes through the other side of the dawn with echoes of the eternal classic 'Pirates' resonating through the spectral gloom, perfectly topped off with a filtered snatch of an old R&B white label dripping through the ceiling from the flat above.
On the B, Beachfires sets its way down a path of blurred memories from the rave a decade before, a howling wind blows out the last flick of the night's clipper while a rumbling bassline builds with momentum like the last night tube rumbling to a stop while you try and draw the last toke before descending down into the darkness. The end result is possibly the most vivid auto counterpoint to Burial's semi-imagined nighttime world yet.
Say what you like, but honestly, we don't really need to spell out just how good this one is.

This is from Bleep, are they trolling?

is it really THAT bad goys? i liked young death/nightmarket

very good vibrations, i listen to sleep research facility everyday

Truant Rough Sleeper was good and so was half of Come down to us

But ever since then he's only released shit

Well that was garbage.

It did make me want to listen to The Coldest Season again though, so that's pretty cool I guess.

Or...just click on OP's link
There's literally nothing to it

>Or...just click on OP's link
£2 is too much for a download of this shite

The second track is some decent ambient stuff, but not something i want when i hear the name Burial for fucks sake

Why would you want to download shite in the first place? Stream it, identify it as shite, and then walk away.

autism has no bounds. gotta catalog it.

I'm going to pretend I enjoy this

Looks like my taste is more sophisticated than yours once again

You don't have to download it to listen to it on bandcamp you mouthbreather

did you like Songs of Innocence?

is burial tsundere towards dub techno?

user, the archive is dead. No use in cataloging anything anymore

because a 96kbps bandcamp stream sounds like ass. it makes a bad burial record sound even worse.

>in b4 muh vinyl crackles

>reading comprehension

He's implying that by clicking on OP's link you have to pay 2 bucks to listen to it, which isn't worth it. But that's not true at all as you can just stream it

>Burial keeps making new tunes that the pards can't understand
good shit will

Burial hasn't come very far in 10 years kek. Think about how AFX progressed from 1991 to 2001, then think about Burial from 2007 to 2017.

What happened to our guy, fampai?

no it's not user

Yeah, but I didn't say "listen" did I? Yet again, reading comprehension.

He's implying that by clicking on OP's link you have to pay 2 bucks. Which isn't worth it. But that's not true at all as you can just

You can't make an implication out of something I didn't imply.

God, you people are retards.

Each Burial release has gotten so stripped down and minimal
with its sci-fi samples that all Hyperdub can do now is release dat
sound-pack and cash in on deluxe reissues of Kindred.

??????????

You must be trolling by now

i actually enjoy it. you know somebody who does the minimal ambient better?

why doesn't he just release another full length baka
those two albums are his most cohesive and engaging statements to date, quit trying to act like you're underground will, you've already dug your rockist grave, now come on and lie in it already

>good ambient, like 36, gas, loscil etc...

>and the list goes on

Kindred was his most cohesive tbqh

Not at all. At least explain why you think I am.

it sounds VERY amateur
there's no feeling to it.. music without feeling is nothing

In other news, truth released another album also!

nothing is a feeling....

Burial isn't ambient. There is an atmospheric style to his production but there is still a melodic structure of sorts to his music, its just more drawn out in these latest songs.

Burial is a musician. Musician does ambient. This release is ambient.

smdh you missed my point entirely. Ambient to me is pure dissonance with no melodic phrasing. Did you even listen to these latest songs?

like feeling nothing = cold? this release doesn't even have that feel

Try Steve Roach on for size

a no feel. is still a feel.

then your definition of ambient needs work, because ambient encompasses all those things and more.

>Ambient to me
i didn't know you wrote the book of what ambient is?

yeah i understand what you're saying
what i'm saying is that this release is shite

I kind of wish there was a burial drum soundpack released alongside this current release so I can bash out some proper dubby swing beats to Beachfires

agreed

I.E My perception, nothing definitive just my perception. Get out you're just trolling by now

Here, having some exit music, fuckwit youtube.com/watch?v=UbQbmbNTyXU

burial you fucking suck at ambient my man

tetsu, save me!

youtube.com/watch?v=0MPmrmmxaRo

>Subtemple / Beachfires is sure to be William Bevan's most widely praised recording

it came out today lmao

the thing is, he doesn't suck at ambient. night bus, in mcdonalds, the massive attack outro etc... he can be incredible at it, but as of late, he's just completely gone off the rails. his standards have dropped considerably. it's really weird.

okay mr.ambient man. dont get mad now

Best thing with Burials name on it
youtube.com/watch?v=sCzJQRVbWtE

Where did everything go so WRONG?

Ladies and gentleman, may I present to you, the official direction of burials next release; the sound of a pot stirring itself

reddit.com/r/burial/comments/6c1upu/new_burial_single_subtemple_beachfires_out_may/

All I hear now is the sound of a pot stirring itself

First Andy Stott comes up with some indecipherable shit, now this
Can it stop

Yeah that Stott album was a difficult one, am I just too brainlet to understand?

I'm talking about yesterday's new track, but the last album was 2deep for me too

Andy Stott? More like Andy Stop listening after Luxury Problems.

nice drum patterns on this one!!

andy stotts new album was a banger. git taste

>ah fuck he's... there's no drums on these... did he.. is this a mistake or is this, like, what he wants... errr... should I call him?... i mean this can't be right... there's nothing here... did he accidentally mute his drum channel? actually nah fuck it I'll release 'em anyway, p4k, RA, fantano and Sup Forums will eat it up regardless

I think I've just got ripped off. The Bandcamp files must be corrupt, there are no beats in them.

Beats come with DLC

I like it.

>mfw I think this is actually not bad

I don't think it's offensively bad or notably good, but it feels like it's a smaller part of a bigger picture, and as a result not a very substantial release. These tracks don't seem like they belong on their own to me. They sound like intro / outro / interlude tracks from a full length album. Makes me think of the kind of thing that would be on Burial's version of SAW vol. 2...

>Fantano

He took a pretty big shit on Rival Dealer when it came out, and rightly so, only the title track was any good.

On the bright side, compared to these 2, Young Death sounds like a total banger now.

First track was trash, but i dig Beachfires more than anything in Young Death

Wow, unexpected!!!!

I think I would actually quite like this style from burial if he fleshed it out a little more, went a bit less minimalistic. There's potential for a change of course for him here, it could be pretty good.

This one is pretty forgettable, and too short imo for this style. Needs a third track, make it a good 25-30 minutes.

OH MY GOD, this is the greatest EP I've ever heard in my life!

It was kinda underrated t b h

Beachfires is pretty decent.

>Sup Forums cant into ambient music

What went so horrible wrong?

>implying all ambient is created equal

>implying Gas and 36 isn't good
Do you actually think you're going to influence anyone with this post?
And judging by Sup Forums's reaction to this excellent new EP, you guys should really stick to circlejerking over the same set of 6 albums day in day out
I wonder why I even come here anymore

First patrician post in the thread

>He took a pretty big shit on Rival Dealer when it came out, and rightly so, only the title track was any good.
kill yourself wow

this is pretty bad ambient, don't give me that shit

beachfire is the best thing he's done since kindred and it's slightly above average dark ambience.

someone tell this dumbass to go back and make some broken drums again.

It's an alright release, but it would be so much better if he combined the drumless rhythmics of the first tracks with the atmosphere of Beachfires.

*the first track
wew

Will obviously started going off the deep end at Rival Dealer

this isn't that bad. a very nuanced soundscape that is new coming from burial but also a little familiar with the vocals.