What does Sup Forums think of One More Light?

What does Sup Forums think of One More Light?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CgwL14IDDJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it makes me want to die more so than usual

This pretty much

that good huh?

its a good pop album. but no one who reviews it will probably admit that; all they will see is a band that was alot heavier “selling out”

I really tried to listen to it as just a pop album but the songs are just fucking bad and nothing can change that. I burst out laughing when I heard Talking To Myself and drop in Sorry For Now. Apart from song One More Light which actually is okay there isnt even a single highlight.

It doesn't work as a pop album either. The music is trash regardless its genre.

The only two decent songs on this album are Good Goodbye and Heavy, and the latter isn't even good - it just has a memorable hook, which is more than what you can say about the rest of the album. Everything else on this album just blends together into a repulsive chop suey of sugar and bleach and it sounds so frustratingly samey and mundane.

I think those are some nice digits

is this some sort of new shoegaze album? who is the artist?

unredeemable garbage
actually Talking To Myself is kinda catchy I guess

also nice quads

The song 'One More Light' is pretty good but damn everything else is so damn generic and pathetic

Trash. I don't even care about the fact that they went pop or something, but this is so bland so lifeless.

Linkin Park going shoegaze would be great

Hot opinion: The first two Linkin Park albums were actually fairly good, and they did a nice job of mixing '90s industrial production with rock and what you could describe as emo lyrics.
Not original, but fine and catchy. Meteora is actually pretty decent, one of the only teenage albums of mine I actually still like. Strong production.

This one sucks tho.

not a hot opinion on Sup Forums

You know I still remember listening to A thousand suns and thinking how these guys can make pretty good music when they try. A shame they never tried again

The first two albums were great, assuming you could ever appreciate the genre. Linkin Park actually did some legitimate classics back in the day. Hybrid Theory was good and Reanimation is still one of the few great remix albums I've ever heard. Minutes to Midnight was the worst example of self destructive songwriting masked under the pretense of "fuck you for liking our old music" but they bounced back in a big way with A Thousand Suns, which is still their most underrated album as far as I'm concerned, possibly even their best. Living Things wasn't as good but it was at least a decent comedown, and it felt like they actually knew where they were going for once. The Hunting Party was okay, even though they finally attempted to be metal it wasn't great - but at least it still felt like they were trying.

This sounds neither like they're trying, or that they're breaking new ground. It's making a lazily written pop record and trying to peddle it as a "risk" so fans won't get alienated too hard for when they inevitably decide to go back to making heavier music. It's not even that it's a poppy album, it's just poorly produced and written.

Its pretty bad.....I wish they were still in their artist phase....this is sellout

A Thousand Suns is great

this

One More Light is pretty bad. Not offensively so, but I dislike it. There's just nothing notable about it.

2 songs out of 10 are good.

Only 2.

That's bad.

When it came out (I just realized it's already been 7 years) I was a college freshman and I thought it sucked, but honestly it's their best album imo. It tells a really great story, everyone likes to make fun of CRAWWWWLINNNGGGGGG but ATS has some amazing songs like Blackout and The Catalyst that sadly aren't popular compared to their more popular early 2000's stuff.

I haven't listened to it whole yet, but i enjoy Battle Symphony, Invisible and Heavy, they make me feel good desu

You can all shit on the band, but this is a great performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=CgwL14IDDJY

Also, I really enjoy Nobody Can Save Me, Sorry For Now, and One More Light. It's not their best effort, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone is making it out to be, I think there's a lot of catchy material here. It's nice to hear Linkin Park music that isn't edgy or angry.

Their songs sound 10 times better live.

yeah pretty much. even that one feels like they should have done more with it

>no one who reviews it will probably admit that
Because they are already old enough to grow pubes user.

we are shitting on the albums we will later shit on their preformance in another thread

>It's nice to hear Linkin Park music that isn't edgy or angry.
they've done that on every album from Minutes to Midnight to Living Things where you been

If you want Linkin Park songs that are actually good and not edgy listen to A thousand suns

I'm talking about how uplifting the writing is on some of the songs. There's no Given Up, Blackout or Victimized on this album, there's no bite. There's more of a "feel good" vibe that's never been a central focus on their albums previously and it's a nice change of pace. This album has a lot of flaws, but I think it's kind of refreshing. With the way this band works, their next album won't be anything like this.

I have, dozens of times, it's their best album.

damn the album cover is aesthetic af

as someone who actually enjoyed their 2010-2014 output (much better than their Nu Metal early shit), this album is fucking awful

A Thousand Suns > The Hunting Party > Living Things >>> Meteora > Hybrid Theory > Minutes To Midnight >>>>> One More Light

ATS > Meteora > THP > MTM > HT >>> LT > OML

One More Light is Living Things 2.0, only this time it forgot everything that made it remotely intriguing like the genre whiplashing or very pretty electronic sounds. It's painfully generic and inoffensive. The title track is the only song here I'd give the time of day to, and even that's like a 6/10.

It never fails to astound me that I've even seen people who despise Linkin Park sing Wisdom, Justice & Love's praises. That was just a really fucking cool interlude. Also,

>Try the ketchup, motherfucker

This is funnier to me than it probably should be.