Tell me about the statue of limitations Sup Forumstards. Lets say someone had a DWI...

Tell me about the statue of limitations Sup Forumstards. Lets say someone had a DWI.. the statue of limitations is 2 years... but wouldn't they just convict you in your absense, and youd still have an arrest record? Or can you not get arrested in the first place. In NC, hypothetically would travel to mexico. Or fucking anywhere else, idc.

are those oysters?

Those are the shoes of the j00s from the lolocaust.

being arrested is a physical process, you can't be tried without a court of law and you can't be tried in a court of law without being there and you can't be on trial in the first place without being arrested

So.. all you would have to do is not go to court for 2 years, and not get caught, ever? By that logic you shouldn't even have an arrest record.. thats interesting.

continued. and the statute of limitations prevents you from being arrested for said crime after the limit

>statue of limitations
lol wut

no, plus not all crimes have a statute of limitations

You've already been arrested and charged, statute of limitations doesn't apply to just skipping court after that.

but.. how would that affect other things? Hypothetically it shouldn't affect my lisence.. and by that logic it DEF. shouldn't show up as a convincition on my record.. what would people see when they looked it up? "He fled to mexico for a few years, for the purpose of running from a conviction, but since he went for so long were just fucked on it.."?

Oh, god damnit. So youd just have an arrest warrant forever?

doesn't matter if your license is revoked; if you actually got a check ran, the FTA warrant would come up and you're going to jail for DWI anyway, which is worse than driving on suspended/revoked.

what i meant is being arrested is a physical process as in you need to have an appropriate officer of the law with the correct authority to slap cuffs on you to be arrested, you can't just be "considered arrested" if they can't catch you

yup. im presuming for the US at least, not as sure about any other country

I understand that not all crimes have stats. of limitations, I was just wondering if they have to convict you before a certain period, or like, the whole fucking thing is confusing. So, i cant just go to Mexico for 2 years, and come back and be like, yeah, fuck yall, i just went and got drunk on the beach for 2 years, suck it.

DWI may have statute of limitations, but you've BEEN charged, presumably within that time period. if you don't go to court, the warrant is not for DWI, it's for failure to appear. There is no time limit on a failure to appear warrant.

he meant AFTER the statute of limitations is up and they haven't caught him yet

God damnit. Im fucked then. Shoot me in the head. I have no convictions, but i suspect that means probation.

so instead of just googling it you just basically contribute nothing to the discussion.

The statue of limitations is how long a crime can be "charged" so to speak. For example if you raped someone they would have x amount of years to charge you with it. If they didn't come forward in that time you would face no legal blowback.

he said he HAS a dwi. if they arrested him and he appeared at an arraignment, within the time limit, no limit applies for a future FTA warrant.

now if they're trying to say 'he drove drunk 10 years ago, but was never arrested, and we just found out, so NOW we're going to try to charge him' THAT is what when a statute of limitations would come into play

if 2 countries have an extradition treaty the other country's police can catch you and bring you back

What this guy said. In your case you've been charged with the DUI since you failed to show up to court and now you have additional charge(s) for failing to show up.

tfw got two DWI's in a row. Lost my license for a year due to a test refusal. It cost me $1100 to get my license renewed and intoxalocks installed in my vehicle.

have to check in to the court house twice a week for random drug tests... got tested today, literally a 300 pound man staring at my dick for 5 minutes.

DON'T FUCKING DRINK AND DRIVE

he posted tits, tits are ALWAYS a contribution and ALWAYS relevant

whooosh

the guy you're replying to is making fun of OP calling it 'statue' of limitations instead of 'statute', and you made the same mistake.

Oh dude that gucking sucks. How much longer you fucked for?

I was high as a kite, and i submited to a blood test, thats def. going to pop.. and then my girlfriend took my car to come pick me up and she got a fucking DUI too, within like 5 minuetes of each other. How fucking dumb is that

bingo

I was just pulled over in Hillsborough county for having a tail light out, that's when he decided to be concerned about my ability to operate a vehicle. After 3 more cops showed up because of my lack of knowledge of the result of opting out of a Field Test in Florida in exchange for a Chemical Test, I opted for the nystagmus. I am super appreciative that I passed.

Well, i was doing lots of research chemicals.. i might not fail, but from the look of things, im pretty well fucked.

Also, i fucking hate hillsborough, it is by FAR the shittiest part of Tampa, and Tampa sucks pretty bad anyways.

I fucking love it here. Brandon Master Race. I love what it's been doing the last couple years, I love going to St. Pete/Clearwater, and I love how Ft. Lauderdale and Miami is less than a day's drive.

St. Pete is poppin, Miami brings the heat, Ft. Lauderdale is just a shittier Miami, but is still better than 98% of all of America.

727 REPRESENT
i live near seminole. it ok here

Where you at, wise user?

I miss Muggs n Juggs.

The Statue of Limitations was designed by Leonardo DaVinci in 1846

STATUTE

dumb fuck

mugs n jugs was ok only been twice, still some pretty good places to eat around here though

Im in North Carolina, but ive lived all over Florida. I am not a fan of NC too much right now..

Should come back.

Good strip clubs too

if you want real fake advice, better to ask on reddit.