To Pimp a Butterfly has not aged well and DAMN was underwhelming to say the least...

To Pimp a Butterfly has not aged well and DAMN was underwhelming to say the least. If he doesn't pick himself up next release, I'm dropping him. How do you feel?

>To Pimp a Butterfly has not aged well
>How do you feel?
You have shit taste.

One of the best rappers all time

Damn was worse than tpab overall but still one of the best hip hop albums in recent memory

Next release better be as great as gkmc and tpab again though

YOU HAVE TO RESPECT DAMN AND BUTTERFLY YOU CANT GET IGNORANT AND FUCKED UP TO THAT SHIT LIKE YOU DID WITH GOOD KID YOU HEAR ME IF YOU DO THERE WILL BE PUNISHMENTS

FPBP

why do you care how people feel about your opinions

Stop with this shit meme, this isn;t the genernal concensus on either album, you're living in you're own little bubble.

TPAB is widely regarded is the best hip hop project, making it into hall of fame, getting think pieces written still to this day, being taught in harvard college class rooms.

DAMN. is kendricks greatest commercial success, doing even better numbers than drake, getting his first number 1 single, solidifying his position in the rap game is the greatest. He is the sole reason the "modern classic" meme exist.

Kendrick lamar literally has nothing left to prove, we all know it, just fuck off, stop lying to yourself.

Sad that you can't enjoy his music, but glad that you're willing to give his music another chance even if his last 2 big projects didn't sit with you so well. What didn't you enjoy about them btw? Just curious.

you took the bait with passion

i havent been on this board much in the past couple months but all i've seen recently is actual music discussion being called trolling and bait and then a lot of the same shit i got sick of anyway.

what do you guys even talk about on here? do you get any actual joy from being here?

it really hasn't

The only TPAB songs I can listen to now are Wesley's Theory, u, and Institutionalized. It sounded great in 2015 but it sounds stale now imo. DAMN feels like someone who sounds exactly like Kendrick trying hard to be Kendrick. I really only care for Feel, Fear, and Duckworth. Most of the album is just annoying to hear for me to hear desu.

not op but TPAB (though I liked it a lot at first) has lost a lot of replayability for me, but I listen to DAMN all the fuckin time. It's easily my favorite project by him. I never liked GKMC much

GKMC aged the worst though

How the fuck is this bait? He just doesn't like Kendrick's music. Is that such an unbelievable atrocity?

Everybody has different music tastes.
I think it only sounds "stale" now because he inspired a lot of rappers to follow suit by dropping oversaturated, bombastic, pseudo-artful projects that tried to replicate what TPAB did but obviously failed. That's not aging badly, that's just what happens when your album becomes an archetype on how to get insane commercial and critical success.

Your DAMN analogy is pretty spot on, though. Even if I really enjoyed the project.
TPAB had little to no replayability for me either. It's a dense ass album, you gotta sit down and give it your full attention to get anything out of it. It's not an album you can play over and over again like DAMN. I feel like GKMC was a beautiful middle between replayable and substantial, that's why it's my favorite by him. It's catchy and fun, but also takes its time and makes the points it wants to make.

It's definitely a product of its time, but I don't think it's aged badly at all. Sounds dated, but not in a bad way.

That's like saying Songs in the Key of Life aged badly.

You are vastly overstating TPAB's impact
>Album becomes an archetype on how to insane commercial and critical success

J. Cole is more commercially successful than Kendrick. The critical success was akin to 100 percent rating for Get Out on rotten tomatoes, critics getting paid or having political motivation to do so.

i agree my friend about DAMN

i think TPAB is just best experienced in full every once in a while

I still listen tracks like Wesley's Theory, Alright, U, Momma, I, Hood Politics and Blacker The Berry almost daily

It was shitty Israeli propaganda from the jump.

...but it did