I gave up my career for the girl I love today

I gave up my career for the girl I love today

Hows your night?

Thinking of killing myself, and my night's still going better than yours, idiot.

I did that once.

You'll regret it.

I did that once. Then she died from a pulminary embolism reulting from DVT 2 uears later. Feels bad man

What made you regret it user?

NJHey OP, I'm you from a parallel timeline. Gave up my girl for my career.

If it makes you feel better, you'd have felt bad no matter what you chose.

But your career was a shit anyway

Just fucked a skank I met on tinder now I'm shit posting on Sup Forums

I just found out that this girl I had a crush on had feelings for me, but I was too self conscious to think that she did.

Did that. less than a month later she cheated on me. its been almost a year now and I am still a fucking mess. I lost everything.

You deserve whatever horrible thing happens to you. I hope she steals your money and runs off with a black guy.

>I gave up my career for the girl I love today
She will now cheat on you with a guy who has a career for the $$$

enjoy your fate faggot

i gave up a girl i loved for a job that paid me under 2k a year.

Better than yours it seems, my fellow love sick user.

At least you're capable of love

Pretty sure you did that backwards user.

Love doesn't exist, user

leave her. she shouldn't have made you do that. she made you do that. you're the only one in control of your life. fucking get out as soon as possible. you're gonna get over it. you're gonna be happier with the career.

Not sure why everyone is being such cunts. I wouldn't have done this and your future sounds grim, but I hope I'm wrong. Best of luck nigga.
Fuckin checked.

You're fucked

better than yours, you spineless pussy

I did that too, ten years ago. Now I'm about to become homeless.

Not him, but I would imagine that it's because a lot of relationships are not lifelong relationships. Building a career is something you're going to need to do whether you're single or not.

I've been in the dumps lately as I committed to starting a career in my city, and she doesn't want to move here. I imagine it hurts either way, but losing the girl is all I can focus on right now, and the self-doubt is killing me.

Dumbass. The fact that you act like her bitch will make her subconsciously unnatracted to you and she will leave you. Then you will have no career nor woman. Good luck you fag.

Did that, regret it. Now, 10 years later, I'm a little better. There's hope for you too, user.

You done fucked up OP.

>leaving your job
>for any reason but a better job
Kys my dude
Enjoy begging for money on the streets when she cheats on your dumb ass haha
>yfw I'm right

This tbhh

These anons could not be more right.
>hoping this whole thread is b8 and that no one is really this stupid.

>she doesn't want to move here
Time to look for a new girl user
9-10 she's gonna want you to get a job
YOU to pay HER bills and will probably screw you over when she has no use for you anymore

Tl;Dr
Op is a faggot

Careers don't grow on trees, but bitches do.

Don't commit unless you're 100% sure

Let's just be honest. Girls come and go. When it comes to work, you always put yourself first.

I'm not OP but I know what you mean.

She's been graduated for 2 years with a Bachelors in Psychology. We've been long distance (~5 hours with a ferry) for those 2 years while I finish my Electrical Engineering undergrad, and I happened to get a job lined up in the industry I want (audio hw/sw) where I live.

She's living at her dad's house, paying no rent, and basically chose her new girlfriends at the fucking clothing store she works at over me.

I go between being totally destroyed, and being furious at how fucking stupid she is and mad at myself for being so hung up on her.

It's really hard not to text her and try to work it out.

How can you convince someone to move somewhere (where they already lived for 4 years), when they claim you'd be the only thing for them there? Where the fuck does that pessimism come from?

Let me translate what she wants to say, but isn't.

Your not worth it for her to move.

Sorry bro, but she doesn't care enough.

>How can you convince someone to move somewhere (where they already lived for 4 years), when they claim you'd be the only thing for them there?
You can't

>Where the fuck does that pessimism come from?
Could be insecurity on her part, could be that your relationship has just run its course and neither of you are willing to rip off the bandaid, and it could even be that she's comfortable where she is, and too lazy or unmotivated to challenge herself. Working at a clothing store for two years kind of speaks to that last one.

Hmmm... name?

I did that OP. 10 years later, I'm happily married to the same girl. But honestly...there's a significant part of me that regrets it.

That said, my wife has sacrificed a whole lot for me as well. A LOT. So it hurts less if you can find someone who has your back too. Otherwise it definitely ain't worth it.

> too lazy or unmotivated to challenge herself. >Working at a clothing store for two years kind of speaks to that last one.

I fucking hate myself that I feel like it doesn't matter to me if she does that, but we could be happy. I offered (even though she would clam up at any real-talk discussions of careers and future) to help her figure out what she wants to do, and was patient when she rarely told me what she was thinking about that stuff. Even though she claimed to be thinking about it all the time. It hurts to have my support rejected, or not recognized for the real love I have for her and wanting to become better people together. Fuck me.

The rest of my life I surround myself with people that are achievers, and want or think they know what they want in life, and work to get it. I basically look down on people like her, that aren't specifically her, everywhere else in my life. Emotions and attachment are the fucking worst sometimes.

Sorry for rambling, but I'm all over the fucking place right now, and doing a month break/NC then breaking up and fully going NC while I'm in my last semester and few weeks of 4th year is honestly testing my sanity.

>I gave up my career for the girl I love today

Kill yourself now and get it over with, because that will be your future.

My night was kind of boring and lonesome but I was successful at my mission of killing time. I'm looking forward to being reunited.

she's probably just unintelligent but hot there are plenty of fish in the see i've been where you're at if you don't let her go she will just forget about it and move on with your life and DO NOT make any life decisions based on her stupidity

Your relationship wont last forever. You'll regret it when she cheats on you and your left out on your arse. Bad move. Don't do this.

I can't sleep for some reason, so I'm here.

And fuck these guys that think they know what your life is like and how it will turn out. I left my career, friends, and family behind to move in with my girlfriend. Her job was better than mine and I was fed up with long distance. It took much longer than I wanted to find my new job path, but we made great friends here and I feel like I belong. Totally worth it.

Here's to life's uncertainty and adventure, OP. I wish you well.

For me it's the opposite.
Ended a lovely relationship for my career.

I came to the conclusion that I am the one who will be on my side until the very end. So no matter what happens - love, loss, other shitty times - I have to make sure I come first and everything else according to priority. Family second, friends throw and so on.

tl;dr: You are fucked if your love turns out to be a cunt. Best luck mate