Vinyl Collection

Post if you collect records because you have no friends

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
discogs.com/user/beardpool/collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice shit OP

Got this the other week. Haven't been collecting much this year. I'm also on the lookout for a new turntable. Something between £100-£225 range. Any recs?

Was about to blow my paycheck in new vinyl

>in
On

>tfw my local record store didn't have get any extra copies of DMST's new album in yet so they gave me their advance promo copy for free

Technics sl1200 mk2, Classic dj turntable. Used on eBay for 350

>Front 242
Nice

350 USD

Don't.

Stupid, stupid idea.
Take it from someone with experience.

All my newest shit

i'll have a look. thanks

Care to share your story, user?

I bought that Front 242 "Headhunter" 12" back when it first came out. I didn't know that it was meant to played at 45rpm. Took me two spins to figure that out.

My Summoning collection.

Started my vinyl collection few weeks ago lads.

Here's my first purchases.

(Tri Repetae and Africa Must Be Free By 1983 in the top corners)

What do you guys use to keep 'em clean?

>tfw you go to the record store and the bins are choked with modern reissues

Used to collect vinyl and it was nothing more than a large expense and a detriment on my already low-income life. If you're young and not making at least $20 an hour full-time then please don't give into meme hobbies that give you some consumer high that lasts for a week, before you end up throwing everything on a goddamn shelf and pulling it out a few times per year at best. I made the same mistake with guitars and guns too. The most important thing to do is create a fractional budget out of each paycheck you get and use that little amount to buy things you want piece by piece. Spending everything at once gets you nowhere in life. You have to be responsible and save some money.

This is why I'm a week shy of 23 and still living with my dad.

That's fucking mint. I got this recently.

>projection.jpg

thanks for sharing user. im 18. i work with my dad in the family business and make decent money. i appreciate the advice.

Nice, where did you buy it? Napalm-Records? I've got these tapes.

Buy an anti-static brush on amazon for $10, it is pretty necessary to get the small amounts of dust off the record right before you play it.

I know this can be contentious online but when I buy a really dirty record I wash it under my sink faucets with a very small amount of unscented dish soap. Then just use my fingers to spread the soap around, then making sure all the soap is off I set it out to dry. Works fantastically, I even wash new LPs with only water to take away any dust and static on the record.
Don't buy an expensive LP cleaner, huge waste of money and are only for fat married men with small penises. Honestly, fuck anyone who suggests you buy an LP cleaning rig.

>I know this can be contentious online but when I buy a really dirty record I wash it under my sink faucets with a very small amount of unscented dish soap. Then just use my fingers to spread the soap around, then making sure all the soap is off I set it out to dry. Works fantastically, I even wash new LPs with only water to take away any dust and static on the record.
>Don't buy an expensive LP cleaner, huge waste of money and are only for fat married men with small penises. Honestly, fuck anyone who suggests you buy an LP cleaning rig.

Don't follow this advice. It is smart to invest in a cleaning system. Spin Clean is very good. But if you're broke, I recommend using a mixture of mostly distilled water and some 99% iso alcohol with an old Discwasher brush.

Nice, I like your taste

I buy everything from slavs on Ebay

This will leave residues on the record that will end up on your needle.

I fucking new someone like you would be waiting to say this.

How is a cleaning rig not the biggest money grab ever? It is literally cheap plastic made to get your LP wet with a cleaning solution. What is wrong with just holding the record in the center with your god given fingers and then using cleaning solution on the grooves? Cleaning rigs are just $100+ replacements for your hands.

>old discwasher BRUSH
sounds like something that would scratch the shit out of a record. Just use water and your fingers.

I don't collect vinyl, but if I did, TMR and Flowers of Romance would be some of my first purchased. Good taste

I replace all sleeves of my records with mofi antistatic sleeves but are too autistic to throw original paper sleeves away.

You are literally retarded. Using your dirty ass hands to clean your albums? Are look into what a Discwasher is. I'm guessing you play your albums on one of those Meme tables (U-Turn, LP120)?

That Postal Service album sounds GREAT. I love my copy.

>""collections""

Nice assortment, plebs.

I bought these today
Attempt #2

>Speakers on the same surface as your turntable

FAGGOT
A
G
G
O
T

pls no bully

>dirty ass hands
Damn dude, you got me. If only there was a way to clean your hands before touching your albums.

>I'm guessing you play your albums on one of those Meme tables (U-Turn, LP120)?
Who are you even talking to anymore? We were discussing how to clean an LP. Can't stay focused?

If ya look one of them is on a different shelving unit. I've got another 2x1 shelf im setting up soon that should hold the speaker

You two are currently proving the point that vinyl collecting is a blindingly autistic cultural phenomena.

>spazing out over how to maintain 100 year old technology

Literally you. What a tragically retarded hobby.

Wow, you are so right. I guess I will just go back to digging for samples on youtube.

Posted this a few threads ago but pretty happy to have gotten these Joni Mitchell albums, she is underrated as fuck as far as Sup Forums goes

"Complete with surface noise."
Best Gorillaz album, too.

Ironically, out of the three Ae reissues, Tri Repetae is the cleanest-sounding to me

>spend 5 years collecting rare vinyl like an autistic kid who hasn't figured out how to jack off yet
>spend $10,000 on a huge collection of first pressings in mint condition
>your scumbag junkie roommate pawns them and skips town while you are of on Christmas break...
>fuck

This is all of them, I started collecting last year

>Rain Dogs

Nice

>stanton turntable

Nice.
Got your records from your dad?
Cool speakers, did wal mart have a sale?

the ST.150 is great. Idk about the one the other user has tho

Posting some faves and also recent purchases

I've just been using a sponge to clean my records and I think that works well
Like I'll start the record spinning and just put a wet sponge on it and let the record spin under it

I put the photo I swear to god this website hates me

>all that Joni Mitchell
based user

Yeah I know how you feel. Don't regret my collection, hopefully i'll have a kid one day that appreciates music I can pass it along to, but theres no telling how much money I pissed away on records I didn't need. Half of them I've probably only listened to a couple times

>Syro and Cheetah tape

nice

What do you guys consider an acceptable amount of surface noise for a new vinyl?

Like a few little "pops" here and there

Would you return a new record with a fair bit of surface noise? Or is there no point cus they all end up like that anyway

whats in the middle top, left bottom, and middle bottom?

>posts CDs in vinyl collection thread

also
>sunn o)))
CRY YOURSELF TO AAAAAAAASH

Sometimes albums can have shitty pressings. Look into what people have to say about the album on Amazon and Discogs. It may also be a problem with your set up.

Just started seriously fairly recently, getting close to starting a second shelf

Just started seriously collecting fairly recently, getting close to starting a second shelf

What's wrong with Stanton? I just ordered one, should I cancel that?

But records are very friendly

My vinyl is downstairs, somebody care to go and take a picture of it so I can get validation from total fuck-ups online?

Currently spinning

wow user you are sooooo coool.

its all acceptable. if i'm buying vinyl i'm fully accustomed to and expecting the crackling aesthetic and consider it a plus. adds to the comfy factor desu

I bet you also smear your skin oils all over the grooves too you kunt

that what you mom ass is for LOL

millennial spotted

top row from left to right: Madvilliany - Madvillian,
Bloom - Beachhouse, Some Kind Of Blue - Miles Davis,
Bottom Row from left to right: Spiderland - Slint (4 Faggots go Swimming), The Velvet Underground & Nico -The Velvet Underground & Nico, Since I Left You - The Avalanches

t. summer fag

This.

It's already starting..

You got some good shit user!

bump

discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection

dig the Chicano Batman

My most recent acquisitions. Fairly spendy for used vinyl

Hot The The, how much?

I just got the Numark TT250 for $200, sounds great and doesn't damage records, if your budget is low and you don't have great speakers this is a great starter record player. Not low tier shit, but a low starting tier that's good.

>Klipsch Cornwall
>Marantz 2325
>Pro-Ject debut carbon esprit SB

How's my audio setup?

jesus christ get a fucking bed and some furniture

>Album name - artist
Don't do this
Also,
>Bloom - Beachhouse
Kys

>The Grimmrobe Demos and Kannon on CD
Nice

Wow this is a very nice set of LPs ;--)))) very original taste - it was worth posting these on here.

Can we all on Sup Forums just promise each other that when somebody gets for himself some Sup Forumscore shit we just dont post it on here? Because i feel like were in a circle of mutual adoration when posting the same shit over and over again. Especially when somebody is posting basic Sup Forumscore music like the faggot im replying to

This.

Plus vinyl is an overpriced meme format that hipsters are responsible for bringing back. If you're going to collect vinyl, don't fuck with new pressings, buy used. Don't be a faggot.

Good taste, my dude.
I am jealous of a few of those.

I am just shocked at your wantlist.
Mine is at 4007 at the moment.
I use as a way of making gift buying from my parents, sister, and girlfriend easier, as well as keep tabs on certain things I was recommended to check out.

discogs.com/user/beardpool/collection

>tfw a squatter and me no gib no shit bout buying a house

Just squat mah man

I just started collecting vinyl. I'm working on getting the essentials first before I start branching out. Stop being presumptive

Not him, but you're literally arguing over shit you wouldn't need to argue over if you weren't retarded.

My last few

Sam garbage as lp120

bump

Ten years ago vinyl used to be affordable and you were able to find rare stuff for a decent price, but now everyone's jumped on the bandwagon. The regrets I have is not buying 20 dollar records back then because "too expensive", while you now see them go on ebay for five times that amount.

how much did you pay for Greed?