Sup Sup Forums

sup Sup Forums
Midly upset rn. Girl I've been talking to for a bit just started venting to me about some guy she's talking to, so I can only assume that we weren't actually talking and I somehow grossly misunderstood the situation. Fucking sucks but we've been friends for years and I don't wanna stop talking to her or anything but its shit. I really like her and I feel like the biggest fucking idiot. Wat do?

Been there, m8. Let me preface that I'm a mid-30's married guy that's had plenty of experiences with women (no penises that I knew of). It's a friend zone move. And her mention of another guy wasn't a slip or anything... it's a shot across the bow. If you stay friends with her and invest in lots of communication, you'll only get more hurt and depressed.

The best cure I found in these situations was to always just put down the phone... to stop texting for a while. Don't jump to your phone any time she messages something--anything--as it will just drag you back into the vicious cycle.

She's probably not going to be interested in you, despite all of the fantasies you've had. That includes the classic fantasy of her saying something like, "why did you never hit on me?" and then you all of a sudden have some romance.

Just back away for a bit and take a deep breath. Enjoy life.

He's right. Take a break from talking to her for a while. It sounds like you have the type of relationship where you talk all the time. Not a bad thing... it probably means she has developed a co-dependency for you. But it's not the kind of relationship you want, and it will only serve to depress and hurt you.

Well no man, its definitely not pure friend zone. I mean, she's sent nudes, we flirt a lot all of the time and she's always talking about coming to see me when she can. I just thought we were building up to a relationship y'know, and I'm guessing it was just something casual to her, something to do to stop her from feeling lonely I guess. I get what you're saying though and your advice is probably the thing to do. I don't know.

Honestly is dead right Sup Forumsro and his advice is wisdom too. She may have sent nudes and you may have flirted in the past, there may have been a spark once for her too who knows but venting about a new guy is definitely you being sent to the FZ right now. It happens, a lot, don't take it to heart, as the other user says just back away take a deep breath and enjoy some life

>I somehow grossly misunderstood the situation

kek, bail now. She friendzoned you, there is no way to go back.

Yea, you're probably right. My plan for now is to not talk to her really, but it's gonna be tough because we have so many mutual friends.

What do you guys think about this though, right after she started talking about that guy, she said she was sorry and she was going to bed. Like, that means she knew it would upset me, so it's almost like she just wanted to land a personal blow or something. I don't know why she'd purposefully try to hurt me or anything, so I'm just confused about it really.

She just wanted to fuck with you, she felt insecure over the other dude and then wanted you to feel like shit so she could feel better. Women are all like that, they love to hurt you anytime they feel down. Your best bet is to just cut that cunt out of your life like she isn't worth a fuck because she isn't

She probably only realised after the fact of telling you, hence the apology. I wouldn't specifically not talk to her, just don't be in a rush to reply to messages etc, just treat her like you would any other friend, as that's what she is.

.... and don't end up like this guy

Fuck you, stay cucked you faggot

During social interactions...be social and polite. Treat her as a friend, but without getting too deep. What I'm saying is stop the texting, pics, etc, basically anything extra you wouldn't do with your male friends. Talk to other girls. Forget about it.

this x999999

kek

Oops did I ruin it? Yeah you did

No way out of the friendzone, just be a good friend and listen to what she says, maybe try and lighten the mood or make her laugh. Just imagine
>how would a beta faggot feel about all this
and then just feel the opposite

I guess that's a possibility. Even so though, that means she knows I have a thing for her that she doesn't fully reciprocate (or else why would she be talkieto another guy?) and flirts with me anyway, basically leading me on, so it sucks just as much, maybe more. And yea, I don't wanna get bitter. I mean, I'm not mad or anything, just upset.

There is only one way to solve this. Shag a new hag and then go to her for advice and see wot she thinks. She will get jealous that cunt

lol I was thinking about it for a bit, maybe ask her for some advice about a cute girl I have a class with or something, but revenge isn't really my thing

if she's venting to you about other guys, it's clear you're out of the dating game in her mind. people only vent like that to people they consider spectators, observers, non-participants, off the chessboard, call it what you will. she wouldn't tell you any of that if she saw you as that guy's competitor.

There's no bitterness there it's all just the truth. Women love to string men along to boost their confidence

If by that you mean some women do, then yea. So do some guys. You're not telling me you're one of those people who think the world is black and white, good and bed, all women are the same bs, right?

Girls love that ego boost, it happens. Just know that it happens and don't be hurt. You said yourself you've been friends for years so if you want to keep that then do, if you don't then don't, but don't expect to be brought out of the friendzone ever. It will not happen. You may even fuck the girl but you'll be straight back to FZ after. She is a friend, treat her as such, don't sweat the details and just move on man, have a good time

All women do and all men do too - only difference is that men tend to cut if off before someone gets hurt. You can tell that when a girl is getting too into you, so that's when you step it off say something like "Hey I'm flattered but this ain't happening". Ladies don't tend to do this that often, it's a genetic hangover from selecting an ideal mate

If she's being flirty then she is one of those types who does it meaninglessly/for entertainment. Was very close friends with a grill exactly like that, watches her string along like 3 of my friends one after the other, only reason it didn't happen to me is because I was self aware enough to see that any flirting was by serious and falling for her would be a cringey fuckin mistake. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have a shot with her, but don't just cut her off either. She could still be a good friend

>we've been friends for years
friendship NEVER turns into romance unless it's a hollywood story. if you haven't made a move on her in years, she's never going to see you as more than a friend. it doesn't matter if she sent you nudes or you playfully flirt. years without a proper date or voicing any serious intent or commitment is a very clear message.

What do you mean coming to see you?

Is this an internet relationship?

No, we went to high school together, now I'm a sophomore and she's a freshman at different colleges. Just a couple hours away.

Dude, man, move the fuck on. It's not worth ruining a friendship over so still be pals but, fuck, you're in college, please don't tell me you've been waiting for this girl instead of having a good time

Well this is a relatively new development. I've been enjoying the single college experience, as much as I can at least (I'm a little beta. Not full autist, but not pulling pussy daily or anything)

One question? Where the nudes at. What the fuck happened to b..

I didn't screenshot them. Figured she didn't want me to since we only used snapchat for that, and I r e s p e c t women so I respected her wishes.

Phew, OK. Good.

>friends for years
>never made a move

what do you expect, she probably just through you only wanted a friendship cause you never made a move

This.
user speaks some real true true.

Bitches like that are usually more concerned with trying to express their lack of interest, but also lack the decency to stop a guy before his mind runs wild.

That combo only leaves us men distraught and depressed.

Could also be that if you were giving her anything, like;
>Attention
>Rides
>Food
>Money or tradables(drugs or the like)

She wouldn't wanna lose those freebies and feels the only way to do that is to not lose you. It's a sick fucking mentality. But base line in that scenario she'd be using ya and you're better off with telling her to fuck herself and walking away from her period.

>I r e s p e c t women so I respected her wishes.
>I'm a little beta. Not full autist, but not pulling pussy daily or anything
hahaha

lol I just figured she'd stop sending if I Screenshotted