ITT: Albums where the opener is the only track worth listening to

ITT: Albums where the opener is the only track worth listening to

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I0bDth4Jpr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cool Waves has another 1 after the first 1 in the track number. I suggest you fix your metadata.

Not even bait.

This meme AGAIN?

Don't even act like Broken Heart ain't lit

>Cop Shoot Cop exists

Nice try.

I think you mean
>albums where the opener is literally the worst track

Let me guess, Disorder.

Disorder is my favorite track but I don't think its the ONLY one worth listening to

This album is a 10/10 though

Negativland is good desu

no it's not and Spiritualized is one of my favorite bands. The album is mostly not great with some high points. The maddening repetitiveness that Spiritualized always uses is at its most annoying here.

>Spiritualized is one of my favorite bands
You don't have to lie on the internet

Such a shitty meme. This album is fantastic.

Lazer Guided Melodies is in my top 20 albums. Live at Royal Albert Hall is top 50. Ladies and Gentleman has always felt so self important and stupid and has some downright terrible tracks despite the presence of great ones.

I feel like there's more to this than just not liking the record.

>Ladies and Gentleman has always felt so self important and stupid and has some downright terrible tracks
1. Are you only hating on it because it's popular? Because nothing about the record is self-important, it's just centrally themed around addiction.
2. Which tracks are terrible?

first four tracks = great
Home of the Brave = best song
No God Only Religion = studio version not as good as live version
Cop Shoot Cop = still good

The rest is pretty mediocre.

memes don't die

>listen to this for the first time
>think "wow, this is gonna be comfy as fuck" during the opener
>start to tune out a few tracks in

tfw

ok fucking stop this sure Disorder is really good but you there's at least four other songs on the album worth listening to
>Shadowplay
>Day of the Lords
>Candidate
>She's Lost Control
bad b8

Individual, Broken Heart (peak), and Cool Waves are literally the best songs though.

replying to

Everything Everthing - Get to Heaven

I like Broken Heart sometimes when it comes on during the live album. The way it comes on after No God Only Religion works better than it coming on berfore. Maybe it's the flow and sequencing of the album that doesn't work as well for me. I can never remember The Individual exists.

Maybe I do dislike it because it overshadows Lazer Guided Melodies which is all killer no filler.

Lazer is a great record too. They're both 9/10s. I think people in general (and me personally) prefer Ladies and Gentlemen slightly because it's more cohesive thematically, and slightly because muh feels.

Shine a Light is still their best song though.

This
Where to find more music that sounds like the opener? I want cozy/melancholy stuff that sounds similar

it's not the only track worth listening to, the whole album is OK, but you might think is just so far superior to the other tracks.

Doolittle tbqh
Nothing tops Debaser

This

Electricity is the only shitty track tho

Birds > the whole album besides maybe Anne Bonnie

had to look for a while to find an album in my library that fit this description and this is the best I could do. There are a handful where the opening track is the best by a decent margin but saying they're the /only/ track worth listening to is pretty hyperbolic

It's the vocals. they are just too bland

New Order fixed that problem.

I mean, I get why you think this. Stylistically speaking, Disorder is very different from basically every other track on the album. It's also an objectively catchy song, so it's easy to see why it can appeal even to people who do not typically like post-punk. However, Unknown Pleasures as a whole is the pinnacle of post-punk and is definitely worth listening to in its entirety for anyone who likes post-punk.

>cop shoot cop
c'mon the album is perfectly book ended

>no dopesmoker

that whole album is gold, how can you say the last track isn't worth listening to either?

Wot

Well I mean except for Future 500, Zero Pharoah, and No Reptiles, yeah.

ITP: plebs

no way mango
the entire album was amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=I0bDth4Jpr0

check out this album if you like joy division, they're heavily influenced by them

lyrics not in english though, it's some slav band

arcarsenal is the only good song

>implying Hearts Alive isn't one of the best songs in Mastodon's whole discography.

There is literally not a single bad song on this album you tasteless fuck

4/10 made me fucking reply

>inb4 memeing