neo-classical glam

Greatest black metal album of all times

SLAYER

Not even the best black metal album by that band

prime dishwashing music

t. nu-male

BARUE BRUD!!!

That's not Under a Funeral Moon

I think out of almost all the bands I've seen live metal has the genre with some of the best shows

Indeed it isn't

Chris Cornell and Layne Staley were better singer than your favorite metal vocalist
Jerry Cantrell is better than your favorite metal guitarist

bergtatt is the original nu-black album

My favourite metal vocalists don't sing, faggot

>Cornynell an hero'd so now everybody cares

t. projecting nu-male

Ulver - buttttat

Just gracing the thread with the superior Ulver album

>Yeah, I love black metal! Ulver, Wolves in the Throne Room, Alcest, the list goes on...

t. actual projecting nu-male
I know that because you like Bergtatt.

Most of Ulver's discography is nu-male yea, but Nattens Madrigal is unironically and genuinely one of the best pieces of raw black metal ever recorded.

>Ulver is the newest meme

I'm a nu-male and I'm tired of everyone pretending it matters or that I'm less worth as a person because of it. You can all meme yourselves out of existence, doesn't change the fact that we're pretty much where humanity is headed. Yeah I might be a cucked BLACKED pegged manlet piece of shit, but soon enough everyone will be. And those disgusting, fat, triggered tumblr SJW "females" with a title in imaginary taxonomy are also the future.

It's awful and I hate it, but it's inevitable. I'm a nu-male, that's right. I listen to feelsy post-avant-atmoblackgaze and like putting things up my arse and whatever. As I said, soon enough we all will be.

Except the lucky ones who can muster enough courage to end their lives, but of course, being a nu-male, I will never know courage in my entire, possibly obscenely long life.

Pic related, it's my favourite album of all times. It gives me *mmmuh feels*

>n-no u ;_;

The fact that so many /metal/ posters still name Dragonforce as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” power metal band ever only tells you how far power metal still is from becoming a serious art. Thrash metal critics have long recognized that the greatest thrash bands of all times are Testament and Vektor, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Folk metal critics rank the highly controversial Primordial over other bands who were highly popular in bars around Europe. Power metal critics are still blinded by commercial success. Dragonforce sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Thrash metal critics grow up listening to a lot of thrash metal of the past, folk metal critics grow up listening to a lot of folk metal of the past. Power metal critics are often totally ignorant of the power metal of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Dragonforce did anything worthy of being saved.

>ulver

>all these fresh memes

Great thread

Ulvektor - Bergatt - Et Erminal I 5 Capitleredux

>ANAlver

What's the best current black metal band and why is it Shining?

BUMlver

ulver is one of the nu-maliest bands in existence

>prep-the-bullver

The fact that so many /metal/ posters still name Bergtatt as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” folk/atmospheric black metal album ever only tells you how far black metal still is from becoming a serious art. Black metal critics have long recognized that the greatest black bands of all times are Tormentor and Sort Vokter, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Folk metal critics rank the highly controversial Nattens Madrigal over other bands who were highly popular in bars around Europe. Black metal critics are still blinded by commercial success. Ulver sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Thrash metal critics grow up listening to the teutonic four, folk metal critics grow up listening to Skyclad and Cruachan. Black metal critics are often totally ignorant of the first wave, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Ulver did anything worthy of being saved.

more like POOlver

>If I keep repeating it it'll come true

Shining is pretty good but I think Peste Noire is the best active Black Metal band right now.

Do any of you guys have links for the two latest Oranssi Pazuzu EPs in FLAC?

that's what you're doing buddy

ORANSSI BENISU :-D

Lars here AMA /meal/

>n-no u ;_; part deux

I just got into metal and I like

Artificial Brain
Cattle Decapitation

recs?

oooo
ooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooolveeeer

Ulver -

Ulver is a nu-male band. Accept it and your status as a nu-male.

V - T R and Lulver

wow this is the complete opposite

wtf I hate Sup Forums now

Blood Incantation, Ulcerate, Necrophagist and pretty much any Gorgutscore band.

>Sup Forums
you must be lost

t. triggered cuck

Spawn of Possession, Atheist, Lykathea Aflame, Death, Nile, Gorguts.

I feel like Tom Cruise is making love to me, it's 2017 but he's got all his Top gun wardrobe on.

You have it wrong. Ulver is for cucks.

That's what projecting cucks want others to believe

>Cuckver

>le projection meme
That's how to know someone is backed into a corner.

Can the Ulver samefag fuck off now?

If only it were the one guy

I can't be cornered if there's no one pushing me

You ran yourself into a corner yourself by saying Cuckver isn't a nu-male band.

Fuck.
Why are you guys tripping over each other to regurgitate the hottest new memes like it's some sort of retardation contest?

>61 posts
>22 ips
hmm

and only one guy thinks that poolver is not just good for washing dishes

You're as lost as a glamcuck in a /metal/ general

It IS a retardation contest. I'm winning.

>he thinks he has the right to call anyone else a cuck
lmao

No argument

youtube.com/watch?v=n03AEI2NiKM
the greatest trad album of this decade

My God we're not even 100 posts into the thread.

is this a request to spam more?

I have observed that Sup Forums has a soft spot for prog / tech thrash metal.

So, whats your opinion on this highly underrated band? Where should I start with them?

Sure, if that kills the thread faster

shit album

and you see a girl's brown body
dancing through the turquoise
and her footprints make you follow
where the sky loves the sea

great album
meemer

>In the realms of black metal, no album holds as much hushed reverence as Ulver's debut, henceforth known as Bergtatt.
Which sounds like a nice enough introductory sentence, if it were true. The reality is that this album has been basking in undeserved praise from philistine metal aficionados, who have mistaken it for some form of high art. What truly defines this beast is the aesthetic of black metal made palatable by interspersing it with easy listening music, e.g. the soft chanting vocals, the plaintive acoustic interludes which would be right at home in any "10 HOURS [Pagan Folk] Music to Wash Dishes To" YouTube video. The "metal" parts are so tepid, the band actually shies from the chromaticism and minor chords of its contemporaries, opting instead for suspended intervals that supposedly create tension. However, Ulver seem utterly incapable of truly committing to any emotion they attempt to convey, and this album feels less a hike in the woods than a pleasant but drab arboraceous screensaver. In many ways, this is the forerunner for the oft lambasted "hipster black metal" best exemplified by the likes of Deafheaven and Liturgy. Black metal technique is used with ubiquitous consonance and diatonicism as to not offend the ears of rock/pop listeners, then any momentum in the song is broken with interventions from extraneous genres. Much like the album cover itself, Bergtatt has all the brush strokes of fine art, but assembled into a creation that is briefly stimulating if ultimately insignficant.
>Perhaps realizing that they had failed at combining folk with black metal, Ulver would soon seek to play the two styles seperately. A wise choice, if they possessed aptitude for either genre. Their most shrewd artistic move would be to exit metal music entirely.

>Cattle Decapitation

Those fags shame death metal.

Death metal was about gore, murders, satanism slaughters and other non-political correct things, and then those faggots came to tell us about "muh animals pls stop eating them guys xD" and now every liberal cuck and tumblr feminist is listening to them

boris is hipster/poser metal

>my wife's husband
>not my wife's boyfriend

atleast make your cuckposting logically sound

i'm sorry

you're all a bunch of faggots

Feminists don't listen to Cattle Decap you complete fucking mongoloid.

Tune in next week, where we meme *this* album!

What if I like Ulver but not Bergtatt

then you don't like Ulver

Their electronic stuff is superior desu

you don't like Ulver

i like shadows of the sun tho

you like depeche mode

nah wasn't a fan of the last album

Now that the dust has settled, what are your legitimate opinions on this album?
youtube.com/watch?v=XVcjf_p5pDY

Dying Ulver - Wrong Bergtatt To Fuck With

I prefer Nattens, I found this one kinda meh

What are you guys blastin' right now?

Ulver - (((Berg)))tatt

delete this