Four years later

>four years later
>this hasn't been topped
Possible album of the decade?

>inb4 some asshat uses "nu-male" to discredit the music

I never heard anything like this before stumbling across sunbather. Not that it was groundbreaking, I just never heard that type of music before. love it

Back the fuck up??

Marrow of the Spirit.

As much of a meme as it is, it's a genuinely great album and I think it will be looked back on as a metal classic that had very rare crossover appeal without being too neutered.

It's bretty good skamz
Why do people shit on liturgy so much I don't like them but the hate for them is insane like I know hunter is a giant douche but that shouldn't be a marker for shitting on a band constantly

I won't lie I listened to this album more than sunbather and I have all the lyrics from kel valhaal in my head

>without being too neutered.
You were going good until here.

seconded

>album of the decade
It wasn't even the best album of 2013.

I was expecting this, but think about it.
A few soft post-rock sections aside, it's an album of harsh screaming, blast beats, and blaring guitars. Sure it's not that extreme compared to most traditional black metal, but if you told me an album like Sunbather would be worshiped by p4k hipsters and features in an Apple commercial, I'd have called you insane.

>features in an Apple commercial
was it the music or an album cover or something

Legit opinion

more like
>four years later
>no one talks about it anymore
vaporwave is brought up more often than these guys

I think its alright. but new album when? this fuckers told some time ago they were already working on something fuck

New Bermuda came out in late 2015, but it wasn't really that good.

Deafheaven as a band gets brought up often enough. I'm hoping for a new album either this year or the next.

it was okay, looking back it kinda was Sunbather but more depresses and way more forgettable I still think that Sunbather>Roads to Judah>New Bermuda

Apparently, they're gonna start writing a new album in the summer

It really isn't.

nice

They're p. great live in a small venue.

Saw them with This Will Destroy you and Emma Ruth Rundle.

My favorite song of theirs is still Exit Denied.

I wanted to see their philly date with that lineup, didn't get the chance

I had to make a small road trip to see them.

They actually came to Norfolk about a year ago, but the show sold out. I was mad because they were playing with another favorite, Sannhet. I would have loved to see them live then. ERR was good, too bad about her Europe tour.