Got fired from a landscaping job today after 3 days for basically being "incompetent"...

Got fired from a landscaping job today after 3 days for basically being "incompetent". that word was never used but it wasnt a job i even really wanted anyway. now i have to find another job. should i feel like shit? also, fuck that guy for not teaching me jack shit just letting me fail on the job.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cMD2Vch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

also it was only like 9 dollars an hour for like 10 hour days in the grueling sun, wasnt even worth it IMO. still feel stupid though.

Lol, you got to enjoy the outdoors every day. You had to wiggle your arms with a weedwacker, you fat lazy fuck.
I've been on a golf course for 10 years. I love it.
>"grueling sun"
you're a fucking pussy.

yeah probably. and lol a gold course. wht physical labor does that require besides picking up fucking gold balls and riding on a lawn mower.

The skill you most likely lacked was hustle. If you have hustle -everything else falls into place. No hustle, they let you go after 3 days.
But don't feel bad - I'm sure there are plenty of high paying jobs shitposting on Sup Forums

>mfw I got fired from my ice cream truck job today
>mfw no more fudgicles

yeah i had no hustle. thats def what it came down to. and is there actually money in that? where cna i get a job for Sup Forums? does it pay well

>where cna i get a job for Sup Forums? does it pay well
Just wait for some op that wins a lawsuit from his pedo uncle. Give him your instagram and he'll hook you up.

Well today we dug rocks from the bunkers from 5am to 330pm. We worked through lunch so we didn't have to stay late. Basically I was digging through sand moving boulders large enough that took backhoes to move. Last season we laid out another 9 holes on the course, so we've been moving rocks, chopping and moving entire trees and working on getting the sod healthy and growing ever since. Over the winter with the freeze thaw boulders and rocks that were burried before are coming through, so before $120,000 mowers get damaged we dig them out. Only the old men get to be on mowers all day. And besides the greens mowers none have even been out this season. Landscaping is cake compared to golf course work, but golf courses are nice for me because everyone smokes pot, and you can hide in the woods for a second to smoke a bowl. You can't do that when you're maintaining a mcdonalds parking lot... But in a comparison of labor, buddy, you had it easy. You'll find another good job.

Honestly, look for local golf courses and apply.

Can confirm I got $5000 off that guy. I hear he's suing another pedo uncle soon so be on the lookout boys

>Can confirm I got $5000 off that guy.
Noice
Sup Forums delivers

Oh, and if you want to know how serious shit is at the course, a guy last season had his leg crushed moving boulders the same way i was today. He was trying to wrap a chain around it, the boulder was slightly raised on one side with the backhoe, he stepped basically under it, rock slipped.
It looked like a stepped on ketchup packet.

discord.gg/cMD2Vch

honestly i was kidding when i said that, like i didnt actually care what you did. and pfft you can totally smoke pot at mcdonalds.. even do heroin in the bathrooms! but thanks for the honest reply i guess. not so much that the job was bad i guess but the boss was a douchebag and ive never landscaped, ive done a little masonry, done a lot of building, some hardscaping, shit like that. but when it comes to some of the equipment for the landscaping jobs i was doing i had no idea how to use the shit, let alone some of the techniques involed for trimmings and spading ans shit, and like i said, the boss is an asshole and just told me to figure it out, i did for the most part but i have to say.. blowing leaves is an art. there are certain ways to do it efficiently which i didnt know. but whatever, maybe ill check out some golf course jobs next. ive heard good things about working at gold courses.

Landscaping is easy. If you couldn't figure it out on your own it's because you are an incompetent fuck. Go apply at Burger King.

samefag

Also landscaping here bro you don't have to feel wasted, not everyone thinks like that but this particular kind of dumbasses never teach you shit because they are afraid you might replace them. Fuck those bitches

Suck a nob newfag

lmfao..on a mobile...

I do my own landscaping as a way to relax. OP must be a nigger. Enjoy your no home or land ownership ever.

Lmfao... let me bring my PC to bed

this guy just didnt want me working with him i think. when i got the job i told them like, i really dont have a clue but im willing to learn everything (and they needed another man on the job) so they took me in and day one was fine for the most part but the boss just wasnt having anything. if i DID do something right hed scoff and move in and do the same thing i was doing as if i was doing it wrong or someething. also trying to show off saying he never eats or drinks when he works like wtf. thats jsut stupid stay hydrated motherfucker. whatever im not gunna feel that bad about this. losing a job sucks but working under that guy was just shitty

just dont go to bed? idk what time it could possibly be for you there but its definetely not that late.. its not even 10 oclock here..

It says the time in my screen shot and I'm supposed to be asleep to catch a flight. Not going well so far so I'm shit posting to kill the time.

are you not the same guy who called me a newfag? just fucking greentext... i bet youre some summerfag who goes on Sup Forums when schools finally out just sitting on Sup Forums watching pewdiepie videos calling OTHER peoples newfags/summerfags

>Projecting this hard

Been here since 08, go succ a nob newfag

Summer fags aren't real either, only newfags believe in summer fags because they don't know that moot confirmed it himself

lmfao 08 and proud

#thingsnewfagssay

as a manager at a store, I can tell you that if you got let go after 3 days, you were probably a VERY shitty employee. glad they didn't get stuck with you. we get stuck with too many employees after the 90 day probationary period where they're good workings, and once they know we can't just easily get rid of them, they start doing the bare minimum. fucking sucks. sometimes I wish it was easy like in China where they can let you go for no reason.
>tl;dr
>don't want to lose your job? make yourself invaluable.

That can happen. Some bosses pick someone they will make their bitch. And if you're ever in landscape/golf course/ building work again, remember this:
In your bosses eyes, you will never do good enough, You will always be underappreciated, and you will always be asked to do more and more with less and less time. Learn to push yourself and recognize when someone makes you their bitch. Don't let it happen. But do the job your asked as well as you can. Show up on time and be respectful. Only talk if you have something helpful to say, smalltalk should not exist on a real job. Keep your mouth shut and work.
Your boss sounds like the classic "superman" He wants to impress people, and also put them down. He would tell you about how he never eats, while going over the work you just did again, even though it may have looked better the way you id it.

>Using Lmfao unironically

Samefag

Let me guess you were here since moot was in his dad's balls? You sure sound like an oldfag and totally not some kid :^)

This.
Do your job better and faster than anyone else. Take other peoples jobs.
They can't afford to lose you at that point.
Just don't crap out after succeeding. Keep working just the same.

You can't even mow a fucking lawn? Might at well just end your life now.

landscaping can actually pay damn well if you are willing to put in the work or better yet hire a bunch of mexicans to do it for you. Basically make the money with out doing shit.

>unironically
Saying unironically unironically

i obviously was the same person in both comments what made you think i was trying not to be?

I have been doing basic-advanced landscaping since I was 11 and even I, a complete fuck up, could comprehend it.

You got fired from one of the easiest jobs on the planet, holy fuck OP, you must be clinically retarded. Illegal aliens who can't speak English take directions better than you do. I mean, fuck. Did you not have a dad growing up? Why does someone need to hold your hand and show you how to push a fucking lawn mower? This poor man who hired you is prob on reddit right now talking about how he accidently hired a cognitively delayed individual who couldn't comprehend how to spread mulch around. Yes, you should feel horrible about yourself. You know that class full of retarded kids you went to high school with? They're still working at stop and shop and haven't been fired. Think about that.

im the kind of guy that is proud of the work he does and wants to get better in any way possible if told im not doing good enough. and EVEN in im doing a great job i know i can STILL be better. and yeah, i know it was only 3 days but the guy was breathing down my neck the whole time and it was hard to just not get pissed off. when i was fired i asked HIS boss if i can have another chance and prove myself/ work with a different group of people but he said they just cant right now (even though i was told they NEEDED another man on the job), so my boss must have said something to him that didnt set right. who knows. will i try landscaping again? sure, why not. but definetely not with that company again. i was always under the impression that most landscapers are friends/ have an unspoken thing going on. ex: one customer doesnt pay after the jobs been done so that person lets the word out to other landscapers that this particular person doesnt pay so dont even bust your ass on their property. i find it easy to believe the guy i was working for didnt have a lot of people in the friend category. but anyway im off this thread i guess, just kinda bored of it now. thanks for some of your insight. onto the next job. also i have a bachelors degree in medicine (going for my masters soon). not a rich kid but i put myself through school, i just dont want everyone here thinking im some complete loser. trying to do some real jobs, my destiny isnt medicine, or at least thats how i feel, and i just want to find something i can enjoy doing.

I'm glad I get SSI and disability for a mild case of Tourettes. I don't have to work ever again and I'm only 30.

Also
>FUCK SALT

>I can't figure out how a weed whacker works so I'm gonna go try being a doctor now.

Good luck OP

You were incompetent. What do you think work like this was like? It's not even difficult.

Now you know why people don't actually want to deport mexicans. You couldn't hack it in a job like this.

and yeah, i wasnt exactly fired because i cant push a lawnmower but basically because HE thought he could just do the job better, so everything i did hed just go over and do it again and not "train" me in how he wanted shit to be done. he basically just wanted me gone for some reason. you can call me retarted thats fine lol i know im probably a more intelligent person than you when it comes down to it but yeah, being fired DOES suck so i DID feel horrible but seeing all the shitty comments here made me realize its not that bad. lmfao you all have it worse probably.

i might be missing something but you greentexted something i dont remeber saying..? and im not trying to be a doctor i dont want to be a doctor at all thats why im trying out different jobs. read moron.

Living the dream man. Not being sarcastic either. Doesn't that lifestyle effect your self esteem though? I would feel pretty shitty knowing the very little income I get every month is as good as its gonna get.

"I have a bachelor's in medicine and going for my masters"

Was under the impression going to school for medicine meant doctor? Medicine is what doctors and pharmacists study. Wasn't sure what else it could be.

I'm gonna assume OP is special needs drop reading his posts and is on the computer when he shouldn't be

>only got paid $9
>wasnt a job I wanted
>fuck that guy for not teaching me

I've worked construction since I was 16 and I didnt know jack shit when I started. But I was never the lazy shit with his hands in his pockets. If there was something I couldnt do, you bet your ass I was hauling materials to the guys doing the jobs or cleaning or organizing the trucks. You sound like a pussy. How much did you expect to get paid when your skill set was literally cutting grass? Do you not know how to start a lawn mower? Do you not know how to mix gas and oil for a 2 stroke engine or how to round a bush or open a bag of mulch?

>a bachelors in medicine

Oh OP you're bad bait or just so clueless you shouldnt breed.

Generally the type of people who try to become a doctor are the type of people who try to excel at everything they do. To become a doctor doesn't just mean getting good grades. You have to beat most of the other people as well.

You need to get used to working your ass off. Saying "I'll give a fuck when I need to" doesn't work. It puts you in the boat of the other 99% of people who want to become a doctor and find out they can't cut it. Basically I'm saying this opportunity is a stepping stone. Utilize your successes and failures to their fullest.

found the retard. Christ OP, down syndrome spuds can do landscape work. kys

I have no idea how to start a gas-mower (mine's electric), I have no idea what ratio to mix gas and oil (does it matter what kind of oil? What the fuck is a two-stroke engine?)

What the fuck is rounding a bush?

And yes, before you ask, I worked landscaping for two full summers in my early twenties, while I was finishing my degree, and I worked another two years in construction before I got a real job.

Tldr:
Op didn't pick a trade union job

>When user realizes it can do anything it puts it's hive mind too it can accomplish.

well sometimes you just get a shitty boss. Remember that he does landscaping for a living. Anyways take it as an opportunity to realize that people don't always teach you what to do and you'll have to learn on your own. Seriously whip out google on your breaks and read the John Deere weed eater manual for dummies.