HOLD HANDS IN KUMBAYA

I honestly just had the need to post something about this band because I've become obsessed. I can't find anyone I love as much as the brave little abacus and I just wanna cry and break up with my girlfriend and let all my emotions catch up to me. They'll never reach what I see as comfort but Jesus fuck man. I need some group meditation to BLA really soon. I just wanna puke onto a canvas and hope that it looks like a young kid running up hill with a backpack on his shoulder and a sword in hand defeating his confusion, finding himself in ecstasy of self fulfillment. I want to feel joyous again. I want to die. I want to love someone who understands. I want to love someone who understands better than me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XrQedhaafG4
youtube.com/watch?v=LTkwXitx0Ys
youtu.be/_Cz8UhIN-00
youtube.com/watch?v=GtBhslH0lf8
sophiesfloorboard.blogspot.pe/search/label/The Brave Little Abacus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel the same.
This band literally changed my life. First I found their second album, then I heard everything and it's been about 2 years and a half and a lot has changed in my life, but BLA's music is still a huge pillar in my life.

My favourite is their first album, though.

Also, I started to write way more and accept things are fine just the way they are. Also I've been focusing more on getting my music out there. I love this band so damn much holy shit I don't think I will ever find anything as good, but I'm also glad that I DID find something as good.

"At some point it stops."

Also, I love what you wrote right there. It's a good depiction of how this band music can make you feel sometimes.

shit taste lol that band is garbage

this is my bla
youtu.be/XrQedhaafG4
also okumay

Discomfort is one of the greatest triumphs of DIY. The structural genius will forever blow my mind, and the record hits like a train every time. So glad I stuck it out after I first heard it and only liked can't run away. One of my all time favorites.

post more BLAssssssss!

youtube.com/watch?v=LTkwXitx0Ys

youtu.be/_Cz8UhIN-00

I just keep finding another song on their albums that I fall in love with

>dude love lmao
Nice meme lads.

The ending of Just Got Back will never not fuck me up. First time I listened to it, I had been drinking and got home to browse some Sup Forums to find some somber shit to listen to and chill out and I saw a BLA thread. I don't know how many times I had seen the album cover before that point, but I knew I had to finally listen to it. By the end of the album, I was destroyed. I've never found an album to get me thinking about life and love and the past every listen the way this one does. I feel like every time I listen to that album I'm fully exposing myself to myself. I almost never want to find someone who enjoys this album the way I do because it's so incredibly personal to me anymore.

"I felt as if i were a child
that night I watched her dance,
sitting on your basement floor,
screaming I don't want to go
when the truth is that I want to know
if I could even handle it
finding myself screaming
if only for a minute
leave home"

Also, those damn parts with the atari samples or whatever it is, make me feel so fucking alive.

The outro on this one gives me that same joyful feeling:

youtube.com/watch?v=GtBhslH0lf8

>I feel like every time I listen to that album I'm fully exposing myself to myself.

I understand this feeling. I also feel that this album (and their other one) have made me reflect a lot on life but in a positive way. I think they have helped me grow and finally get past all the teen-angst-despair-whatever.
After all, the album's title says it - we're alright.

Literally my favorite album of all time. Good job, OP.

Wow guys I'm still kinda new here so I had never heard of that band before but reading you really makes me wanna hear them, where can I download their albums ?

sophiesfloorboard.blogspot.pe/search/label/The Brave Little Abacus

Here you go, I seriously hope you enjoy this as much as I've done and will keep doing.

Also, that blog is a goldmine for indie/emo/punk bands.

I WISH I WERE YOOOOOU

IF NO ONE WILL READ IT PUT THE PEN DOWN
IF NO ONE WILL READ IT PUT DOWN THE PEN

that track is GOAT

Thanks

Those tetris attack samples in the first two songs and fading out to the arpeggio over the akira samples are one of my favorite moments of any album ever.

That's what they were! Fuck sake! Tetris attackkkkkkkk ahhhhhhh THANKS SO MUCH!

I actually heavily studied Discomfort and realized most decisions regarding arraignment and recording actually happened on accident because Adam was 18 when he wrote it and unlike Masked Dancers he recorded and mixed it himself

It's too bad they'll never get back together again

Because Adam is insane and thinks some people take his old high school band a little too seriously and the masters for Masked Dancers are lost to a hard drive crash

>mfw Matt Aspinwall died earlier this year

I know man, V sounds so much different now

Holy shit what happened?

How?
>the masters for Masked Dancers are lost to a hard drive crash
How?

You guys are gay as fuck desu

Fuck your little band up the ass with a dragon dildo

>his mind goes to dragon dildos
Well, it makes sense

He killed himself.

shit that fucking sucks

The Brave Little Abacus is my favorite band ever. Adam is a fucking genius, and I legitimately think he's made some of the best music ever. Literally everything he's made is perfect.

I remember the day I found them out. I was listening to some Sup Forumscore album on YouTube (I think it was 1930 by Merzbow) and I saw Just Got Back in the suggestions. I recognized the album cover, as I had seen it around a few times on Sup Forums. So on a whim I took a listen, and holy fucking shit, Pile! No Pile! Pile! absolutely blew me away. Adam's insane vocals, that jazzy piano, those lyrics, the guitars, fucking everything was absolutely perfect. For a while, Pile! was the only song I listened to, but eventually I listened to the entire album, and it was even better than I expected. Quickly became my favorite and most listened to album. So eventually I listened to everything else TBLA released, and eventually everything Adam has released. And obviously, it's all fucking amazing. Demo, their Split with Matt Aspinwall (R.I.P.), Masked Dancers, Just Got Back, Okumay... it's all perfect, it's all just perfect.

I have a playlist on YouTube of every single video related to TBLA. I'm probably their biggest fanboy, heh.

Anyway, sorry for the autism, I just love that band so much.