Old pipe I found is it useable? If not can it be made useable? Also, what's the inner circle of more porous material?

Old pipe I found is it useable? If not can it be made useable? Also, what's the inner circle of more porous material?

Tar/carbon buildup. Scrape it clean.

its useably

So just scrap it out with something sharp?

Don't completely remove the build-up; keep a thin layer behind, it protects the wood from the heat when the pipe is in use.

otherwise known as cake

its fucking gross as shit and people who do not regularly clean their pipes are fucking nasty.

you have to show the tang, are there cracks anywhere on the pipe?

if no, you should try and clean the thing with some strong vodka or isopropyl.

depending where you are at carter hall, and captain black should be decent off the shelf pouch tobaccos.

Scrape it down to the actual wood, that's caked residue. Scrape, then was the interior bowl by scrubbing heavily using isopropyl or name brand pipe cleaner.

jesus, have you never cleaned that pipe?

He should remove it all if it's been there a while, interferes with the flavor.

once that bowl is clean prepare for a MASSIVE hit

*wash

Not OP but you really need some reading education.

CUT YOUR FUCKING NAILS!
Or use them to scrape the resin off. Get some warm rubbing alcohol and soak it in it.

Nah dude the house we moved into belonged to like a 70 year old man who did heroine, meth, and others shit this is his

Use a screen too my nigga

I'm going too I was just growing them out for guitar, and I've been hella busy lately

he should use his nails to scrape it out

Post a picture of the skinny end at the bottom without the stem and look for cracks.

Seems ok to me, how is the stem?

Little banged up. The only hole isn't right near the mouth piece so if I nigger lip it i should be good

He shouldn't soak it, the excess moisture could damage it?

*could damage it.

Wait, the draw hole isn't by the mouth piece?

...well then where Is it? I'll be honest I've never used a pipe

Actually I think I know what you mean. I mean the there's a hole in this

Odd, typically pipe stems have a mouth piece called a bit, where the opening of which to draw smoke is placed at the end of the stem, not on top. The opening shape varies from round to rectangular, but it works like this.

looks like you'll need a replacement stem, no biggie

This, they're cheap. Just go to a tobacconist and have him look at the shank and that person will give you a properly fitting stem.

Just be sure to clean it first OP, no one wants to touch a grody pipe.