S/fur

s/fur
How do I into 3D modelling humanoids?
Mesh topology is an awful thing to deal with, because:
>sculpting: Generates far too much mesh detail
>box modelling: The resolution of one part of the mesh is going to affect the resolution of an unrelated part of the mesh, i.e. face and leg resolution can be connected
>triangle modelling: Tends to generate vertices that look pinched no matter how high you set the mesh subdivisions

I gotta say, these really are a nice pair of feet.

depends on what sort of model you are trying to make

sculpting is best for a high poly model that you use to make normal maps, it can then be down-scaled for real time rendering

box/edge modelling is your best bet if you just want a low poly model

Really there is no easy answer for you, you're just going to have to read about topology, look at how other people's topology works, and practice making and rigging models to see how the surface topology affects deformation

For a humanoid model, you want to do the body as one part, and the face, hands, and feet separately - this way you can adjust the 'resolution' (number of tris) as needed - the body and limbs will likely have less than the face and hands, which typically need a higher poly count since they have a lot of stuff that needs to move packed in a small area

this is really only important if you plan on having a facial rig, individual moving fingers, etc. If you're going for a low poly look, you may want to just do the basic form of the hands and head, and then add your detail and facial expressions using textures

bedtime for real now, night!

Nope, you posted in this thread. Now you have to wait until it 404s to gain every possible (you).

Now I have to as well.

She looks like she has a nice personality in addition to her nice feet. I would let her pour wine for me and walk around on my carpeting all day long.

I've found I'm fond of modelling out of triangles, but Blender's Catmull-Clark subdivision method turns them into quadrilaterals.
And it looks awful.

Every dog is a service if you use enough peanut butter

I'mma need sauce on this

A quad is just two triangles. Most 3d modelling software will display faces as quads, they tend to be easier to work with. All the rendering calculations are ultimately done using tris though

nice feet

>nice feet
Foots*

Gimme your furry memes, whether insult or furry humour

That's no bump, that's a fucking lump.

This pic is FABULOUS

Those eyes look like they're trying to hatch a new universe.

why no hfur :(

Because no one made a thread for h/fur, why don't you?

Zhali is my hermfu.

>playing Ring Runner with a bunch of people I haven't seen before, rather than fucking Dr. Wolf
>"A1 is objectively the best ship"
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Creampies are bestpies.

They get exponentially less nice every time that image is used, which is every single thread here

the cock n' balls to tits n' ass ratio is way off in that picture, it's almost gay.

not enough to start a thread. I've got three pics saved.

it's funny that I still know what that image is

It's been lead on by other posts. Throw it at someone without context and sort out the real gods.

I have never seen a desert.
And I've never seen anywhere that the horizon is a flat line, discounting flat-topped hills or looking out to sea.

>simplicial complexes
>literally all contractible to a set of disjoint points, one for each component
>tough topology

it is unlawful to cum outside her pussy

Too much jargon!

Deserts are pretty dope, I live in one

If someone from a young age was going on and off HRT, never giving their body a chance to stabilise, could they slow down aging?
It might extend the period where their body is still developing.

it is unlawful to pull out...

ever

Nice loss edit

I've been looking for a picture
Of a furry sucking off a man with a coffee cup.

Is that a giant strawberry or is she really small?

Giant strawberry would be a safe bet

OP you're trying to run before you can even crawl. Go read the sticky on /3/

Here are some topics for you to eventually learn about:
Retopology and Edge Flow for Animation and Deformation
High poly to Low poly Workflow (specifically baking details from a high poly to a low poly)
Low poly to high poly Sculpting (not as common anymore)
Quads vs Triangles and the importance of a Quad based design
Subdivision based Modeling (a bit deprecated, but important to understand how subdiv works)

Later on you're going to want to understand concepts like PBR Shaders, Complex Lighting setups (start with "Three Point Lighting"), Compositing (sub-topics include Color Theory, Color Balance, Film emulation, LUT utilization, render passes)

You really need to do humans and realism first before you can do characters. If you don't understand WHAT features are present, WHY they're being exaggerated, and HOW the proportions of those characteristics fit into the overall design and "appeal" (this is a very important concept), then you will have no way to correct mistakes, you'll just keep saying to yourself "This looks off but I don't know why".

Have a (you)