Why do other countries speak english on Sup Forums?

Why do other countries speak English on Sup Forums?
Like it surprises me how far some guys go just to shit post on Sup Forums. Do you use google translator or did some of you foreign countries actually learn English to Shitpost?

>He only knows one language

Because I like Canada and want sempai to notice me

because it's the only way to comunicate with poles

I speak Spanish too.

Using Estonian to communicate with other anons on /int ?? Yeah, sure.

We have English shitposting classes in school, they make up like 30% of the curriculum.

>why do other countries speak English on int

Uhm, is there a different international language? The board is literally for neets from all over the globe and you're telling we should all divide in language groups and not interact with each other?
You know, in the university professors usually teach us that there are no stupid questions, but Sup Forums proves the opposite :^)

Well I put that title cause I wanted to know if people learned English just for Sup Forums. Read the full thread and not just the title.

>my fellow countrymen being dumb

It's a lot eaiser for everyone to shitpost in a common language, and in most other countries, English is required to be taught as a second language.

But did they learn the english to shitpost? I see a lot of Russians on this board and I don't believe they teach english in schools there.

>TFW When no one reads the full thread

>Putting When after TFW.

Well, even where English isn't taught (most wealthier people in other countries learn it though), I've heard other people say they learned through videogames, movies, and just straight up talking to English-speakers online. While I don't think anyone learns English solely to shitpost (unless they work for Putin), I guess it can't be ruled out as a possibility.

Also, put you main point in the title.

I love you fellow country men, let's hug. I didn't get enough oxygen at birth due to poor equipment in Cuba.

>I don't believe they teach english in schools there
That's where you are wrong.
And i doubt that you don't realize that the most of modern media (movies, games, books, music, 4chins) is in English language. More than half of the internet is in English. By consuming this media, it is not so hard to learn at least written English on a somewhat decent level.

I literally learned Swedish just so I could do some high-level shitposting about their being cucks

>and in most other countries, English is required to be taught as a second language
No one really learns english that way tho, we unironically learn it to play obscure vidya and call you fatties.

Feels hug incoming bro. You were semi-right after all:
Also, I was born in the States, but am also Cuban. Never been though.

Otherwise you, pea-brain, would not understand

>he doesnt learn other languages to shitpost everywhere on the internet
only dumb americans do that

>English is required to be taught as a second language.
>required

How can you even... "lingua franca" you fucking retard!

i can respect that

>Uhm, is there a different international language?
Learn Esperanto, the fair international language that works.

why do you want to communicate with poles

English is the best language for shitposting, prove me wrong.

>i don't know any other languages so i'll just say this
spanish is actually a way more funny language on Sup Forums

English is taught literally everywhere.

You do have to be an autist to be able to shitpost in English, though.

hundred of years ago the brits came to my country and didn't leave for another few hundred years
naturally my people have a propensity to move to the motherland and be british, most speak english

We study English for 9 years in schools

I am trying to learn French, then Spanish second. Spanish is better for living in the US if a Mexican person is trying to talk to you, but French works because my mom and bf speak it.

post tits

it's an international language

no bully

the milk's gone bad

CHI

I'M TRYING OKAY IT'S REALLY HARD WHEN YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE AND LITTLE HELP

Because english is the global lingua franca
only anglo's are sheltered enough to be able to not know such

Lingua franca

if its the lingua franca then whys that literally a french term
checkmate yuropoors

A. "lingua franca" is Latin, not French, and B. "lingua franca" was originally the name of the Mediterranean trading pidgin formed from bits of Romance languages, Arabic, and a couple other things. To the Arabs back then, Western Europeans in general were "Franks".

Koska ranska oli lingua franca (niinkuin termi saattaa vihjata) ennen englantia, kun aateliston kielenkäyttö vielä määritti kyseisen termin.

could you repeat what you said but in an appropriate lingua franca

Have you heard of a thing called google translate, my fellow of high melanin quantity?

is google translate a lingua franca

kyllä ja ei

According to Google Translate:
>Since French was the lingua franca (as the term might imply) before the English, the language of the nobility still determined that term.
According to Bing Translate:
>Because French was the lingua franca (as the term might suggest) prior to the introduction of the English, when the nobility of the language yet defined that term.
According to Yandex Translator:
>Because French was the lingua franca (as the term might imply) before the English, when the nobility of language even defined that term.
According to PROMT:
>Since France was the lingua franca (as the term may suggest) before, when the nobility of English language yet identified that term.

It's a good thing I didn't use a translator then, or I'd have been subject to an obviously false statement.

Ja och nej?

>American humour

>To the Arabs back then, Western Europeans in general were "Franks".
To the Russians, are in general are "the Germans"

>Why do other countries speak English on Sup Forums?
Because english is the international language maybe ?

But that's what you wanted to hear, right ?
You're so arrogant you really just made a thread for your ego

God I fucking hate you yanks you are the worst humans so far I've ever seen
I can't tell one good thing about you

That wasn't meant to be humorous. That is, to the best of my knowledge, the actual origin of the phrase "lingua franca".

>Because english is the international language maybe?
No, that's Esperanto you're thinking of.

Do people who speak just one language think their opinions about the world matter?

jeez you're dense
My post was the one obviously not being serious (I do appreciate you knowing your shit, though).

because international language, even in generals because often they're between multiple countries with their own languages, even if they're the same region.

what about the manditory olive farm conscription

OP, do you often hang out on vKontakte, thinking "Gee, I wonder what they're talking about. Better learn Russian!"?

No, you don't. Because you don't know Russian, you have no reason to hang out on a Russian website.