Hey Sup Forums. I'm about to ride an airplane for the first time since I was 4...

Hey Sup Forums. I'm about to ride an airplane for the first time since I was 4. I'm fucking terrified because I hate the feeling of falling. Are flights ever like that or am I worrying over nothing?

Turbulence can feel like freefalling for a split second followed by feeling like the plane just hit a bump and shot upwards.

But it is rare and they do a good job of avoiding it altogether.

A plane crashes only every 4 minutes, OP, I'm sure you'll be fine

You're fine as long as you get enough speed.

Just remember that until you are in the air they can legally rip you out of your seat and drag you from the aircraft.
Turbulence may be encountered occasionally and once you get used to it you will be fine. Just watch the attendants.

Pressure is equalized in passenger jet cabins.

Unless the plane literally falls out of the sky you won't feel any sensation of movement.

you'll be fine OP. you'll forget you're even in the air once takeoff is over. just remember to look after your ears, that might surprise you

It feels like it on a turbulence I'm told but I've never experienced one even though I've flew a good 12 times so pretty darn rare

Flying in a plane feels like it's got the rumble and vibration of a car, with a little bit of the roll and tumble of a boat. It's really not bad at all once you get used to it.

Just check if there are any Muslims on board, if so leave.

The worst thing that might happen is the nose end of the plane suffers an explosion separating it from the rest of the fuselage

Thanks anons. I actually feel a lot better about this now.
I just found out the flight is actually tomorrow since I couldn't check in, I'm a dumbass. I'm gonna get all nervous and shit tomorrow morning as well, I just know it.

You mean when the front falls off?

It's scary because it forces you to acknowledge that you don't have control. But you have to realize that you never have control. Not even when you're laying in your own god damn bed

A plane can "fall" many feet in turbulence and be totally fine. The aircraft aluminum the wings are made out of has incredible flex and can easily withstand it. Nearly every system has a backup or redundancy. Nothing to worry about.

Except gremlins.

You gonna die

I'm not worried about my safety whatsoever, it's just the possibility of motion that spooks me. I don't handle it very well. Last time I felt like I was in freefall I seized up and couldn't walk on my own for about a half hour.

I'll be on the lookout for gremlins.

Planes are disasters waiting to happen

Don't worry OP, maybe you'll die instantly

Ahh. Might wanna take some Dramamine an hour before, then.

And gremlin spray.

The only time you'll feel like you're falling is if you hit turbulence caused by low pressure. A plane can lose a few thousand feet very quickly, which sounds terrifying. But remember you'll be cruising above 30k feet in the air, possibly above 45 depending on the plane and the journey. It's very normal for that to happen and it's over quickly. If you don't hit turbulence you wont even have that.

Just try to relax and enjoy the experience. You're going to be sitting in a chair in the sky! You're going to make a journey that not so long ago would have taken weeks, months or longer, in a matter of hours. It's a beautiful thing and you get to participate in it.

Maybe you'll wind up like mh370

No free fall unless there is turbulence. You have no control. Only control freaks panic. Give yourself up to fate and enjoy the ride. If there is booze have a few drinks and chill.

Or benadryl if it makes you drowsy.

Considering it's pretty much your first time, it might seem a little weird, but you've not got much to worry about tbh.

Just make sure you don't fly United Airlines

Chew gum, buy headphones and if you have a music premium service download some playlists and relax. Take some cash on the plane or some money on a CC/DC because they now charge for food on them

Dey gun git yoo

Sometimes you'll experience turbulence which can feel scary. However, you're likely not actually falling more than a few feet at most and the jump you feel is a result of a sharp change in vertical speed.

Turbulence only crashes planes if the pilot is exceptionally grossly incompetent, which you shouldn't worry about on any western airline.

Just remember, it's the safest form of travel.

Like those baggage fees?

I don't think there are any places that stock gremlin spray here.
I'll try the dramamine if I can find some today though, thanks user.

How quickly? Two minutes quickly or ten seconds quickly?
And it's super cool, my other option was to take a 24 hour bus. It's not even a long flight, it'll be an hour or two.

What I said in I wouldn't say I'm scared, just I want to know what to expect I guess.

Got it.

Flying Delta, two carry-ons, no fees

The type of feeling that you get from rollercoasters diving? Airplanes get none of that.

hi mi name es giorgio i woerk in potatoe faktory and since mi padre died in a donkey waggon accident i leav mi wife and ugli daughter to become a pro leagueue of leyendaerio player, everydai i watch rainamndio. i just wante to sai thank you veriyi much rauinmanio i improvd from bronce 5 to wood 7 in just 6 months. plz no copato pasterato dis is onli my life. i ALso killed mi dog. Sorry fo mi bad englando im not NA

The free fall sensation (if it even happens) will only be a few seconds. But, it could repeat every 10 seconds for a few minutes if you get in some bad air. Unlikely, but it happens.

fuck that looks good

you are a dead man

i hope it iis not united that you are flying with

haha very funny joke
really gottem with the recent events punchline
xddddddddd

I heard the threat levels been increased, just hope to god an Air Marshall is flying on your plane.