Which country was more beneficial for the progress of the human civilization and why

Which country was more beneficial for the progress of the human civilization and why.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Likbez
youtube.com/watch?v=vxmBhkccWvY
youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ussr

Put dog in space,big accomplishment amazing achievement

They were both harmful to the progress of human civilization

> World without us

America because it prevented Soviet takeover of Western Europe.
The best thing would have been for both Americans and Soviets to fuck off and leave the rest of the world alone but if you have to choose between capitalism under the US or a centrally planned economy single party state by the Soviets then it is an easy choice.

This one.

Bcё гeниaльнoe пpocтo.

>Austrian flag
>this post

I'm not asking about what was more profitable for Europe.

Calm down, Adolph!

Tunisia desu

Third time is the charm.

US by FAR, Soviets don't come close

thanks to ussr we know that communism is shit
that's big step for humanity

The USSR.

I'm sure you can't say what communism is, Laurencjusz

kys

No, you killed yourself, Adolph.

Ancient China, Rome, England , Third Reich, Soviet Union, USA, Japan.

Not memeing, but what exactly did the soviet union do for positive things?

Because I can name exactly zero things.

The United States,

>bankrolled electricity
>made automobiles and other expensive technologies affordable to the common man

Yes the USSR had brilliant people working for it and created many new, useful technologies, but this was despite an authoritarian regime that stifled creativity and removed all incentive to innovate, not because of it.

Free trade and democracy has done much more for the world than the USSR ever could.

The first man and animal in space, nuclear power, new human rights, many great deals for people on the territory of the former Russian empire, etc, etc
Nothing special.

Space/Military equipment

> Yes the USSR had brilliant people working for it and created many new, useful technologies, but this was despite an authoritarian regime that stifled creativity and removed all incentive to innovate, not because of it.
For example
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Likbez

A shit ton of scientific progress and art (literature, theatre, film, etc etc)

Both

like emm.. and you know that..

Ussr

> polish education

JUST

I agree, it's a positive thing for a country's population to be literate. The US doesn't even have as good a literacy rate as some communist countries, but just because everyone can read doesn't mean everyone can contribute to moving the country forward innovation-wise. If everyone is just reading propaganda, and no critical thinking is going on, then there's no point. You have a bunch of people who are smart enough for more complicated technical jobs, but who aren't really thinking outside the box on anything they do.

monaco

>legal exceptions for works of art

> . If everyone is just reading propaganda
Sorry, but it seems like you do this. There were a lot of very good books written in the USSR, (literally 90%, hehe) and there were no state propaganda, there were just propaganda of workers' rights, kindness, justice and stuff like this. State propaganda was situated mainly in books related with politics.

The Soviet Union was pretty good but only the later years desu

>each worker has the right to three potatoes a day

8 hours of work ;)

>literally 90% of good books written in USSR
[citation needed]

The government is still actively reminding you of its values through the literature. Even if it's only "nice" stuff, it's still propaganda.

Capitalists work 6 hours a week. :^)

A day.

The US obviously, but it's cool and edgy to hate America and love Russia

> nice in quotes
Then, if there is no anything bad in this propaganda, why is it considered as the terrible evil in your country?

When we had to vote for the European constitution we got this shit on tv. Better vote in favour of the EU guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=vxmBhkccWvY

And because of what you work 6 hours a day, hmm? ;/

T. Jewish-bolshevik.

It's actually that a lot of people don't work on friday.
If you earn enough money to live off in four days, then there is no need to work a fifth.

And a lot of women work two or three days. Which also weighs in.

argh, I mean that capitalistic countries introduced these laws, because they didn't want to have proletarian revolution like in Russia. And as these laws appeared in Soviets, they appeared in your states.

>[citation needed]

Without any doubt the USSR. It's the future, it failed because it was much ahead of its time.
How many times and how many lives have been given to human progress? Countless.
The same people who advocate american model now are the same people who advocated slavery in roman time, the same people who advocated feudalism and the same people who advocated monarchy in the time of french revolution.
While future models may not be called communism they will sure have a lot in common with it, it layed the foundations for future and it will never die. People will always struggle to advance and always they will eventually come to the same or similar idea, no matter how it will be called. It will be carried in us, by our offsprings.
youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

>Countless
Such as?

China, Russia, UK, the one who invented arabic numbers, Germany.

True. The Russian revolution was in 1917. And we implemented the 8 hour workweek in 1919.

Guns in the Netherlands were also banned in 1919.

Only a Russian would ask this.

Plenty of great scientists, but the country itself stalled the development a great deal.

The Soviet Union existed for only 69 years, while the USA exists since 241 years. They just had more time and could therefore achieve more.

I'm pretty sure killing your intellectuals doesn't help either.

What? Do you know how to read? I was talking about how our systems evolved trough history to what they are now, sometimes they go back but eventually they keep going forward

tfw my country fought against both countries

Forgive us, please. Soviet people and the Chinese aren't enemies, it's just a khruschev's meme

of course, it's just a little fight between brothers, nothing like the Korean war

the Soviet union exported the worst ideology in the world

therefore, the United States

>US spread Capitalism, but also McCarthyism
>USSR spread technology, but also Stalinism
both were equally contributive and destructive (although capitalism wasn't necessarily beneficial, just different from communism.)

Positive rights don't exist.

>McCarthy
Unjustly accused some people of being communist, carried on the charade for a bit then got censured and kicked out of office
>Stalin
Killed millions of his own people, murdered his political opponents, ruled as a dictator with an iron fist

Ah, yes, totally comparable.

>Positive rights don't exist.
*tips fedora*

Here we have the right to education for example. How is that not a positive right?

No, the government has a responsibility to ensure its people are educated, safe, and healthy. This is not the same as having a natural right to these things.

It might not be a natural right, but it's still a constitutional right here.

>new human rights
You took that from our constitution, tho

More like taking it back to the stone age

US by so much it's not even funny

This, majority of posters probably wouldn't be alive if WW2 never happened.

>Grandparents on my dads side moved from Poland after WW2

>get millions of white people killed
>progress

WE

I honestly think we contributed much, but both we were two of the greatest rival civilizations, and despite the tensions both US and USSR were extremely civil compared to other historical examples.

USSR.

the smallpox erradication program was proposed by the USSR

U.S.S.R.