What happens after you die ?

What happens after you die ?

People continue to live their lives without you.

You are dead.

A creepy guy fuck your corpse.

Nothing. You don't exist. It goes back to what it was like before you were born. There is no consciousness.

This.
This is the one thing I truly fear.

Absolutely nothing, user

Your neuronic activity in your brain will ceace to function and communicate, and you, as a person, your indentity, your personality will fade away to nothingness. Look at it like formatting a HDD and rewriting the HDD disks with empty data so theres nothing there that can be indentified with that was.

You will eventually end up with grey matter in your skull, and your leftover body will decompose to become a part of nature once again.

Its that simple. Anyone who says there is life after death is afraid of death itself, and afraid that this is it. Some people cant handle it, user.

lets find yout- kill yourself and then tell us about it faggot

you rot in the ground and everything that you were gets allocated among the stones and trees and bugs who consume your remains

Shit gets real.

Energy cannot be destroyed. So I assume I'll at least be a fart when I die.

But what do you feel when you are dead?

morgue workers fucking your ass.

get used to it then dude. because thats what fucking happens

>why fear the inevitable

Nothing. You don't even know it. It's like... what do you feel before you're conceived. Same concept.

hur hur

funeral staff stealing your gold teeth

happyness i guess. Its like going to sleep after a long day

/thread

As a morgue worker, I avoid the ass.

Stick to vagina

there are no vaginas on Sup Forums

I doubt it. The universe wastes nothing. Why would it not retain a copy of your personality?

Why? You didn't have an issue with it before being born and you never had an isse with it having happened to you before so why have an issue with it knowing you'll go back to that someday?
When it happens i can guarantee you won't care as well because you won't exist to care.
So why fear it like a child fears the dark?

Music is energy brother and energy never dies.

You probably go to hell for laughing at too many rekt threads and being a desensitized narcissistic piece of Shit.

Life is a dream, death is waking up.

You go into an extremely deep dream state and dream for eternity

You become one of the meatball to the great flying spagetti monster

What happens to a calculator when you turn it off?

Nothing in life is to be feared, only understood.

Underrated post.

Why would you care now about how you think you'd feel after death... you would be dead. I would worry about the process of dying. Instant, sounds good. Ending up like a Mexican cartel victim and being horribly tortured alive? I'd rather not.

you go to heavan but its like Bradford

You see out of your eyes, right?

Try to see out of your arm. It's so impossible as to be a non-sequitur.

"Feeling" while you're nonexistent is just as impossible.

If you cling to life you will continue to be trapped in the cycle of death and rebirth to continue to learn. If you let go completely you move up to the next dimension for a whole new existence and lessons to be learned

because it doesn't give a shit about you.

nature is neither cruel or kind. It is merely indifferent.

"being dead don't hurt, no, only dying."

What are you? What exactly dies?

Guarantee you plenty of songs and tunes have been forgotten since we've been singing as its so infeasible for it not to have happened as to be impossible.

Hopefully you go to hell for all those people you cut off by not checking your mirrors or blind spot all those times you drove like a thoughtless, shitty, fuck in your shitty euro car!

this guy gets it.

The Bible says that we enter into a sleep war awaken the resurrection.

How about you fucking learn to drive and not fucking cruise in whats obviously a blindspot you shitty defensive driver?

Probably for the same reason it didn't retain a copy of the library at Alexandria when it burned.

Matter and energy never go away, but they change all the time.

Your consciousness is an emergent property of a very specific combination of matter and energy, one that will go away eventually and never come back.

>sleep war
sounds interesting

You go to hell and burn for eternity for all the negligent texting and driving you did where other drivers flipped you off and told you to get off your phone while your driving , but instead of learning your lesson you instead got mad and told them its their fault you cut the guy on the motorcycle off.

Not really.
God just tells you he made you and your only worth is what he applies to you so go kill some demons and heathen and be useful.
Debate actually still rages in the vatican on what happens if you die during this period.

You tell that to all the people who flipped you off when your flesh is burning off for all of eternity!
Also i dont chill in peoples blind spots despite you trying to say that i do that kind of faggotry.

A. Don't drive a motorcyle. Thats basically willful endangerment.
B. Don't drive a motorcycle. Its too small to effectively see unlike cars and willingly driving one puts you in danger.
C. Just because you can't multitask doesn't mean I can't.

>God just tells you
I stopped reading right there.

I hate to break it to you, there is no god. and if there is, we got a second rate one at best. What kind of decent god gives kids cancer?

Such wishful thinking. Even in the worst case scenario this idea says you live forever. Very human to want to live forever, but the whole dharma is based on indemonstrable ideas.

If you have to pick a religion's afterlife to espouse, I think the old Jewish notion of Sheol is the best. A thoughtless nowhere that is both peaceful and dark.

It's as close as any religion has gotten to accurately describing inexistence, though it still makes the mistake of having and description at all.

>flipping people off
You didn't treat your roadmate like the neighbor he is, man! You're gonna be going to hell too and i'll be flicking you off with BOTH my middle fingers.
Thats right, i'm that double pitchfork guy from that comic but for middle fingers.

I had a heart attack when I was 23 (lol), (smoking, drinking), and that whole life flashing before your eyes thing wasn't like I expected it would be.

It was more like the dimension time stopped being there. Suddenly you see your whole life in one instance, and that moment seemed to take forever.

So what I think will happen after death is you will remain somehow connected with the world's timeline, seeing unlimited back in time and unlimited forward in the future. Time doesn't exist anymore.

Then my heart started working again (as I was still young), and I blacked out, woke up the next day on the floor.

I am 31 now, but that fucking moment still terrifies me at night. And I'm not gonna see a doctor, fuck the medical industry. I will die one day anyway. I quit smoking though.

the same as before you were born

If your anything like me you'll go to heaven and be forever in peace.

Pic related its me

Your ego and personality continue to live on in the astral plain. The personality eventually fades into nothing. Your soul goes back to its being, you learn about your failures in life, and if you didn't fuck up to bad then you reincarnate into another fetus. You are then born into the world again and within the first couple of years of life your ego finds you and attaches to your psyche again. Then you live the same life and make the same mistakes as you did before. Unless you begin to awaken your consciousness.

I don't actually believe in it i just know the subject and i think its funny that the vatican is actually fussy over "double dying".
>what kind of god
Apparently the kind that basically lets shit fly on autopilot the second he makes the universe and for some reason refuses to do shit, except for those few random times but they don't count apparently.

No. Its too late for you faggot. You already admitted that you dont check your blind spots when you merge when You said that its the people in your blind spots fault. also you fell for the "shitty euro car" bait letting everyone know that you drive a shitty euro car and thats what triggered you to respond in the first place. Take responsibilty for your fucking asshole ways your dirty fucker!

>sheol
Until some asshat cabal makes you into a golem or some shit then your souls basically raped for eternity.

>except for those few random times but they don't count apparently.
what to appears on someone's toast?

Is there a copy of what you were like when you were 5? You've already changed since then. Death is a much bigger change.

When you turn off a calculator it doesn't really change, it's more like going to sleep. The structure of the calculator and the memory are still basically intact, minus the RAM which gets cleared (short term memory). Death is more like what happens to a calculator when you run it through the microwave for a minute, or take out the battery and run it through a strong magnetic field.

Also if you aren't at least a little afraid of death, in the sense that you actively avoid it, you aren't really living.

You sound like the worlds dumbest piece of shit right now you fucking SUV driving fuck. I hope you get a brain tumor.

>he doesn't know euro's are less degrees away from the holy land
>he doesn't want better gas mileage to save gods planet
You're going to double hell, kiddo.

Well I guess I should've specified that you turn the calculator off and then don't turn it back on for the rest of eternity. Just trying to imply that the calculator isn't still crunching numbers in an ethereal plane.

And I agree that you have to be afraid of death to live. All the things that didn't want to live are dead.

>I can drive just fine while on my phone.
>Motorcycles are too small to see while driving.

Pick one, faggot.
Motorcycles are for gigafaggots though, I'll give you that.

It will change your sons life and he will reply to every post...

Pillars of fire, the flood, jesus, vague miracles, holy messengers, testers, plagues, etc.
For someone espoused to inaction he does a lot of shit.

We create a new existence based on are worldly deeds. Or how our conscience perceived our good or bad deeds.

The number of people that are dead greatly surpasses the number of people that can make a golem, and also grows continually Your odds are pretty good of not getting golemed, I'd say. Unless AIs and computers are secretly golems, then we're all fucked.

Haha, now I'm having a fantasy of Timothy Leary getting to use your calculator but only when you turn it off. Might use that in D&D.

Depends. It could be a random one. Also theres other rituals hinted to basically use souls like fuel.
Its like being in a locked down football field and a bored terroristic sniper is just popping shots from the catwalk at random intervals and for random periods of time. Out of the thousand people there your chances are low but you're still on a shitlist.

Your brain freezes time forever, making it seem infinite to you.

Your brain, being a quantum transceiver, joins all other brains of deceased people to create a quantum mesh network of shared afterlife consciousness.

That's my take anyway, prolly did too many shrooms.

>Pillars of fire, the flood, jesus, vague miracles, holy messengers, testers, plagues, etc.
I'll take " shit that never happened." for $200 Alex.

WAY too many.
Whatever energy, choose your format, the brain is giving off and/or contains isn't self-sustaining nor large by any means.
If it didn't just disperse like free floating energy in a vacuum would it wouldn't somehow magically maintain itself let alone coalesce.

You e never ridden a motorcycle, you probbaly can only operate a car or soccer mom suv with an autotragic transmission and for that you go directly to faggot car driving hell.
You will be in good company for all of eternity with all the pt cruiser , prius, giant suv , plastic bmw , mercedes, VW autotragic faggots . Sound like fun for you asshats who never got gud at nothing.
I'll be riding street bikes and drifting mazda rx7s & supras in heaven with jebus and god having real fun that involves focus and skill.

Heed my words you faggots! get gud or burn forever, you pleby worthless shit stax.

And this, in a nutshell, is why man created religion

Nothing, you die and loved ones will morn. After a while they'll begin to cope with the loss. In a few years they'll forget about you, only to be remembered occasionally. In a hundred years most memories of you will be lost, sure your great grand kids have heard of you but they'll soon come to forget you. The only meaning of life is to be remembered.

Its questions like these that make me want to shoot a president or something, so I can't be forgotten.

Again, I don't actually believe ANY of that happened. Though the flood may have legitimately happened just not thanks to god but some freak weather occurrence in that area according to recent evidence from soil and geological surveys.
I just find it ironic that if you ask the vatican its that gods official stance is not to interfere with us as that risks our agency and freewill's wholesome but they have a whole storybook of god doing shit ranging from cruel to fucked up just to teach people lessons despite his staunch stance.

You should totally kill the shitty president. That would be hella ebin. No one would ever forget you. You would go in The history books forever. Future generations would rever you as a hero who kicked off a revolution against tyracy and oppresion.

Bump fellow pastafarian.

This is the closest to the correct answer so far in the thread, missing a few things though.

Go see a doctor. Heart attacks require after care. Theres probably some medication you should be on. Sure you'll have to face that terrifying moment again some day but better later than sooner aye mate?

Okay, have fun fantasizing about shit that will never happen while salivating over the one menopausal chick in town that still digs motorcycles. If you're lucky you might get passed her in a few years when the Elder of your clan dies of brain hemorrhage after an accident.

Also, it's obvious that you're upset but your cutesy language smells like backpedaling because you can't even commit to insulting someone properly. I bet you

Yes, there is continuity in conciousness. It is an emergent property of life. The 5 year old, 6, 7 etc. are all present in the gestalt.

you reborn as the person you hated the must, so you could experience how cunt you really were in your last life

>gestalt
What happens when you sleep?

You get torn into infinitesimally small pieces and redistributed through the underlying forces of the universe.

>reborn as myself
What?

Energy can change but the origin (except possibly in the case of Hawking radiation) can still be derived. There is a whole field of study called ab initio analysis that relies on this.

That is the (I think) the wrong question. What happens when you wake up?

That was also the wrong question but I like it better. Rather: is conciousness only physical? Is the material only physical? Based on what I understand of what I have studied, the answers are no and no.

All the DMT aka the chemical that causes dreams is releases in The brain causing to to either see your life flash or if you don't die and you have a near death experience. But people who died and were resecatated will no longer be able to dream. I was in a car accident and I haven't dreamt since then and no I didn't see anything but there was a flash and it was like waking up

Nah, if he dies then Israel won't get nuked. Sorry buddo

Check for 'on life after death' by elisabeth kübler-ross
One of the most interesting and helpful books you can find out there imo

Its the counter argument to the continuity of consciousness argument in traditional philosphy.
If i cut out the short term memory center of your brain your consciousness will suffer drastically. Its as physical as your brain is as they are one and the same.

The stom has no physical structure so I agree in part. The psychological implications of leaving the Newtonian model behind more or less (still useful if you're running a space business after all) have not been accepted let alone articulated. The duality of matter and energy carries truely terrifying possibilities.

This guys logic.. not afraid of dying as long as its either in my sleep or something fast.. my worst fears are being stabbed, being beaten or tortured to death, and also having my throat slit freaks me the fuck out.. hearing your own breathing come of a hole in your neck with intense pain till you choke ad drown on your own blood.. please god kill me fast

delete sys32

This quote sums it up pretty good.

I agree that would be the observable consequence as things stand right now. But I do not believe the 'I' or 'you' can safely draw any conclusions.