Exist a album more avant-garder than Trout Mask Replica?

Exist a album more avant-garder than Trout Mask Replica?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jQqK1CjE9bA
youtube.com/watch?v=4krCIQTr4dc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3_edNr2-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Karlheinz Stockhausen probably

Yeah. But most of those albums are just nonsensical rubbish.

youtube.com/watch?v=jQqK1CjE9bA

Probably Tylo be Chillin

"Reportedly, during the recording sessions the band would occasionally stop playing, claiming one of them had made a mistake and that they needed to start over, leaving the sound engineers to wonder how the girls could tell when a mistake had been made." -Wikipedia

Unironically MBDTF and Art Angels

>pop-rap album
>avant-garde

Is it actually a likeable album?

badass post good sir!

yes. The greatest of all times.

>responding to bait

He said unironically though

Are TMR shitposts back in style?
Fuck yes

There are three threads about this album on the first page. I can't help but ask why?

bumpus

It's hilarious. And what makes it even more fascinating is that it was composed by a man ignorant of music theory, forget polyrhythms and notation. Not to mention the sheer dedication of musicians to actually learn this material. Rockette Morton even went as far as to develop a new technique for the album. Along with playing chords on bass, he played bass with a finger pick...
youtube.com/watch?v=4krCIQTr4dc

>Exist a album more avant-garder than Trout Mask Replica?
Acquiring the Taste comes to mind.

I love this album but you're wrong

As far as "more avant-garder" probably not, but the album is definitely challenging.

Buyer's MARket

It's not music. But challenging, definitely.

I'm geniunly curious what makes you think this.

"Avant-garde" is not a comparative term

This.

Also literally anything the Residents have ever done.

It has some standouts but a lot of it is just forgettable math-blues. It's more important than it is good.

Mirror Man is much better

>Mirror Man is much better
How exactly?

I genuinely enjoy it.
Math blues is the perfect descriptor, but I don't find it forgettable- some tracks are brief enough that they wont stick out after a listen, but most of the songs have particular components that stick out.

GET OUT OF HERE
ALL OF YOU

WHEN CAN YOU RETRUN?
WHEN YOU THIS. . .

H
E
A
T

So avant-garde that noone has listened to it

so much that you can't listen to it online

fucking this. TMR has some influences at least. Faust was almost pure experimentation pretty much reinventing what music can be.

Does shit avant garde counts? If yes, Absolute Madman delivers.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wm3_edNr2-w

Most avant garde is shit, so this definitely counts.

Honestly TMR is not really avant-garde at all.

Honestly, I don't know what happened with Lennon. There is his famous quote about avant garde being a French for shit and after meeting Yoko, he completely went in this direction. It's like he was brainwashed by her.

>Most avant garde is shit
Well, you can't expect anything better from a pop star trying to do it.

a v a n t g a r d e a c l u e

More likely Lennon was just creatively bored and thought Yoko was a good outlet. She wasn't, but drugs cloud our judgment.

>Faust was almost pure experimentation pretty much reinventing what music can be.

this is what rock fans actually believe

You're saying this like you think what you're saying isn't retarted

Faust didn't do anything that hadn't already been done in classical by the time it released.

Faust is a great album but it hardly "reinvented what music can be". It's literally just a great prog rock album

anything by late scott walker