When will you realize how good this album is, user?

When will you realize how good this album is, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

took me a few listens

like 6 years ago

It's shit

after my first listen

I dunno

20 listens and counting and it still sounds like annoying screeching

I really like Pena.

like 4 years ago

whats your favorite album?

like never

this, choke up, guys

LYSF

hahahahah

holy fucking shit dude

It's not even Beefheart's best album dude

okay, if not b8 what about it makes it your favorite? is there a certain moment that sticks out to you?

Isn't LYSF accepted as an incredibly great album? What's wrong with it being someone's favorite?

Not even post-rock kids like LYSF

Ice Cream for Crow is better than that

My nigga. I felt like I was the only one.

True, Safe As Milk will always be my favorite Beefheart album.

bump

Trout Mask > Bat Chain Puller > Safe As Milk > Doc > Lick My Decals > *

First listen, I hated it, but after a few listens, I was laughing at all the jokes and singing along with beefheart, so I guess I got it at that point. Still is one of my favorite albums. Beefheart's great.

You guys have...really bad taste. Or are gay faggots

I've only listen to it one time and i thought it was interesting to say the least and i was genuinely intrigued by it, i want to listen to it again but it's such a challenging listen, primarily because it has 28 songs and i like to keep track of the names of what i am listening to and remember all the tracks.
Someday i will give it a listen again.

youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU

Another user shared this and it got me interested in it. Listened to the album a couple weeks ago and I've liked it since

Listen to his interview with Drumbo too, his insight into the recording of TMR is very interesting.
Mostly what I pulled out of it is that Beefheart is actually a big asshole, but an eccentric big asshole.

if that's your favorite album then it's likely you're not familiar with what makes beefheart good music to some people
It's a decent album but there's a lot to say about the things that make challenging music better over that kind of thing, though the opposite probably could be said as well
also F#A# is better
you are wrong

again
fuck meant to quote instead of sorry about that

nothing wrong with it. if you really listen though, you realize its got all the elements of a good conventional rock song slowed and stretched out and layered upon with different things like strings, drum beats that pick up rhythm, field recordings and shit. Its not a difficult formula to follow and it spawned a shitton of copies of which most of are pretty boring. Bands that took from tmr range from Pil to slint to all kinds of shit because there are so many odd ideas all over the place that you can create a mini genre from like a thirty second piece of a song.

A genius, eccentric asshole I would say.