Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU
youtube.com/watch?v=4krCIQTr4dc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THIS ALBUM IS EVEN BORDERLINE OKAY

>nothing happened
nothings supposed to happen, you just listen passively. just go listen to kanye

fuck you kanye is good

This album is actually pretty great. Dachau Blues and Ella Guru get stuck in my head so easily.

>implying Kanye is bad

>no one really likes this album

what does kanye do thats any better than timbaland, max martin or will.i.am

I know this is probably bait but you aren't wrong. This album might sound kind of cool after enough listens, but it at its core its just a mess.

pleb

incorrect

It sucks for you, because you're expecting something out of it. If you go in expecting something, you won't get anything. Just go in with a good sense of humor and don't expect anything, and you might actually enjoy it. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

>Trout Mask Replica
>A mess

no

yes it is a fucking mess you pseud

The album is actually exceptionally well-structured, as well as melodic. There's nothing about it that is a mess.
Unconventional, yes-- but not a mess.

chaotic =/= a mess
it's been explained multiple times by multiple people that every sound in TMR is on purpose, and everything is incredibly tight

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU
And here are more transcriptions:
youtube.com/watch?v=4krCIQTr4dc
Not to mention that this was composed by a man ignorant of music theory.

You're not supposed to be looking for a melody.

All the instrumentation is carefully laid out and has intention. It just sounds dissonant but it's not random. The lyrics are bizzarre too. Think of it as a well planned out musical shitpost. Don't overthink it.

>TMR is a mess
Holy fucking shit please look into the album more before saying something so objectively wrong.

not huge into kanye but I've always enjoyed his albums
it's like listening to a very talented, autistic producer try to get into the rap game

I feel bad for anybody incapable of enjoying this album. Anybody claiming that people only pretend to like it is a living example of cognitive dissonance.

I listen to it in entirety about 50-75 times per year and it never gets old. I can't say that about most albums.

Just listen to Hot Rats if you want true art rock.

Have you tried listening to it ironically, OP?

This is not the way to do it.