How are American automotive brands viewed in your country?

How are American automotive brands viewed in your country?
How popular are Ford, Chevy, Dodge and the others where you live?
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B_PPk_TtetE
youtube.com/watch?v=ewNm3XzP0pw
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5FUs-Rg8s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not popular.
What about ours?

I have literally never seen a Russian car in the USA in my 26 years of being alive.

These cars would be keyed
Ford hatchback is ok

And I'm wrong, fords are pretty popular

>These cars would be keyed

Why can't France control its niggers and arabs?

ultra rare
people can't afford it and oligarchs prefer bmw/mercedes due lack of taste

All are considered top tier. Hummer and Camaro is considered luxury and extremely rare to see, if you drive one of these around, everyone will look, comment and take pictures.

>Ford
shit
>Chevy
it depends which one, many of the mare rebranded Daewoos
>Dodge
Rams are propably the most popular american trucks

Ford was kind of iconic as a wokring-class car during the 90s. The Sierra model is legendary. It was literally driven to shreds and then some. Chevy is not popular at all, I reckon most people haven't even heard of it. Dodge is probably known through popular culture and to muscle car fanatics. My dad had a Challenger model from 70s. Best childhood memories were from taking that beast down to the abandoned airfield and just blasting around.

Thank you Estonia for this thoughtful and well typed response. I appreciate it.

...The shine on your Chevy
The moon was so big when I drove it to the levy, girl...

Ford is kinda popular but its European Ford. Rarely you might see stuff like a Dodge Mustang.
American cars would have a bad reputation for reliability.

>Dodge Mustang
>Dodge
>Mustang
Wat

There are a few Fords around, people take driving exams in Ford Focuses. Other brands aren't popular at all.

*ford mustang, whatever

costs 50,000€ here brand new

oh wow, american cars arr rook same

Not sure if you're memeing or just being a shitty unfunny German.
German cars all look the same. Just that boring Audi/VW shape

just going off the picture you posted m8

we can't even import them most of the time either, and for the price it would take to import one you'd still be better off buying something that already exists. It's fucking stupid, and probably won't go away as long as american companies aren't bought out by foreigners.

desu ppl drive american cars up in here only for one of these two reasons
- demand for a relatively cheap but strong car, like the corvette (cheap in comparison to european sportscars)
- for a bit more american-like lifestyle

I worked for GM here, and I don't want to offend u guys, but the german car industry is light-years ahead of yours..just look for the latest inventions which have been made, like the dual clutch transmission, differential and so on...
except Tesla, i think they might have a bright future,

People only really know ford, and well
>ford
is a meme worldwide

Very, very badly with the exception of Ford, but most of the Fords here are English/German engineered. GM owns Vauxhall ("""Opel""") and I think they engineer some vehicles in Europe, but they are shite.

I'm sure you burgers own some nice marques here, in the way that Jaguar is Indian, but generally it's not good friend ;_;

>Opel
Q: What's the commonality between an Opel and a used tampon?
A: They both have to be pulled by the string.

>Ford
Not that popular but I've seen a lot of Fiestas, Foci and F-150s around
>Chevy
Actual American chevys are not very common but Chevy badged Chinese and Korean cars are everyehere
>Dodge
Not very common at all. The most Dodges you'll see are Charger and Durango police cars, and some Darts here and there

Ford doesn't really sell a lot of Ford US cars here, aside from the Mustang. Ford Europe is very popular though.

Chevy and Dodge tried to sell their rebranded stuff here for a while but that didn't go so well, although certain models (Aveo, Kalos, Spark, Caliber) are not that uncommon.

But when it comes to pickups, Ford and Dodge are very popular. I see multiple Ram's and F-150s a day. Lots of grey market import and LPG conversions for that.

>finland 2014

>1. SKODA OCTAVIA, 5868 (KPL)
>2. VOLKSWAGEN GOLF, 5265
>3. NISSAN QASHQAI, 4166
>4. TOYOTA AURIS, 3823
>5. TOYOTA YARIS, 2716
>6. TOYOTA AVENSIS, 2666
>7. KIA RIO, 2247
>8. VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT, 2201
>9. FORD FOCUS, 2180
>10. FORD FIESTA, 2166
>23. FORD MONDEO. 1331

So about 5300 fords sold in funland out of 100k. 0 chevies, dodges or other brands. Czech, german and japanese cars rule here with the occasional volvo.

>Actual American chevys are not very common but Chevy badged Chinese and Korean cars are everyehere
Actually, same here now you mention it, I forgot. I think it's only recently though. They are definetely seen akin to Hyundai/Kia/other bottom-tier cars and priced accordingly.

It doesn't matter anyways we're going to have self-driving cars commercially in 2020 then our economy will SHIT on the world when our automotive brand such as Google and Tesla overthrow every other country.

Screen cap this.

only the smaller Ford like fiesta, focus etc. are popular here. All other brands are for amateurs, there is a niche market of big american sport cars, usually those people are big idiots that doesn't know how to spend their money

You think anyone is going to sit into this fucking ridiculous piece of cheap recycled dildo for homosexuals? Think again hombre.

>Ford
nice cars, often reliable
>Chevy
piece of shit, almost nobody has it
>Dodge
cars for men with small dicks
>GMC, Cadillac, Lincoln...
almost never saw anything, because it looks hideous, drives hideous and comes with retarded automatic

Mostly shitty desu.

Specially the "popular" ones. Most people here goes for German or Japanese cars.

>riding self-driving cuckbox
>bunch of urban youths blockade the street
>car halts
>everyone gets mugged

Not popular.
because our image of American car is easy to break. I love American car but no dealer here.
so almost no one ride American car.

If it can drive me around while I'm drinking and is the same price as a normal car I'd occasionally ride in it.

Too bad you don't know how to build cars. All that tech will go to waste :'(

>Tesla
Pretty sick cars to be fair.

What is commonly known as a taxi.

>Ford
>Chevy
>top-tier

Jesus, where you live?

You guys drive a lot of Fords IIRC from when I was last there. Also, VW isn't light years ahead of anyone these days.

Every professor and their mom has a tesla at my uni

I first they looked fugly but they started to grow on me

I watched the website of a car resseller nearby and they have a couple of sparks, aveo and cruzes

yeah but the only thing about 90% of the Fords in Europe or mentioned ITT are English/German cars essentially.
The model S is lovely, been for a ride in one. Not too sure about the X - that's the one you're talking about I guess? The onboard toys are similar I'm sure.

Those are Korean made Chevys. GM is a very large company and they buy rights for models developed in other countries and market them worldwide with the Chevy badge.

They are too big for European standards.

even in the US

I tried to avoid buy american

Japanese all the way

Depends, of those brands we only really get the cheaper Ford's.
Everything else (even cheaper versions and packages) are so expensive you'll be better off buying a German/French/Italian car a class above, because they're so much cheaper to import.

Ford Mondeo and Focus are decently popular, though.

>what is Ford of Europe AG

Most of the Fords you see here are pretty much entirely European. Only the larger models (newer Mondeo/Galaxy) and >2.0 gasoline engines have some American influence. But it's safe to say that Ford of Europe has been pulling all the strings on Ford's (sub)compact, midsize and MPV cars. In design (Ford's current design strategy 'One Ford' comes from Ford of Europe), engines (

>How are American automotive brands viewed in your country?
same as jap and korean cars

>How popular are Ford, Chevy, Dodge and the others where you live?
Ford is very popular here, same tier with jap cars

Chevrolet and Mustang basically don't exist. There are Fords, but they were more common ten years ago. Now they offer only the basic cars. (Focus, Fiesta and some SUV)

On the list of sales of new cars in '16 (total 154k cars)
6. Ford | 5,4% | 8326 cars
17. Tesla | 2,3% | 3481 cars
30. Jeep | 0,1% | 123 cars
38. Chevrolet | 2 cars
39. Cadillac | 1 car

Ford is normal-tier, considered "okay" by most, but only compete in the euro-hatchback/station wagon segment.
Tesla is viewed as desirable by most and is pretty popular, but cost is limiting the adoption numbers. Still, we're one of the largest markets in europe considering our size. There are some tax rebates in force that help EV sales by letting them not pay many of the same taxes as IC cars do.
Jeep is pretty much meme-tier. A car you buy your wife if you're rich and want to seem sporty but can't afford her a Porsche Cayenne.
Chevy and cadillac are absolutely meme-tier. Too big for our roads and tax-levels, too gas-guzzling and too expensive. Not much to make up for that when you can buy a toyota or land rover that is 5x better on winter and almost as big, but actually made to pass environmental (and crash) tests.

not so popular. But all the car fanatics love them.

Nothing about a Cayenne is sporty. It's just a rich mom's SUV.

>Ford
common
>Chevy
shitty Daewoos
>Dodge
muscle cars and shitty Caravans

I see lots of Teslas in London
Mustangs maybe a once every few months

I'm honestly surprised they even have American cars in Europe. It's a very competitive market and it's not very big say compared to America anyway. Where you have a clusterfuck of cars from every where in the world (except France for some reason)

And everyone drives Fords

>muscle cars
popular among old guys that like circle jerking about that old 'stang they owned 79
>pickup
the "I'm rich but I worked for" pack
Once saw a chevy 3500 with the license plate "ERÁSJÓ" meaning "I work at see" (money)

french cars are american tier.

ford is so much more popular internationally it's not even close

that's a gt or something
not all mustangs are that expensive

They are very overpriced here.

>These cars would be set on fire

Fixed that for you

You forgot Tesla you flamming faggot

Generally regarded as incredibly inconvenient in everyday use, somewhat subpar quality with expensive spare parts that are hard to find.
Except Fords, which are manufactured in Europe and designed for European taste in Opel-like fashion.

Nice MGMT reference.

We love muscle cars here
youtube.com/watch?v=B_PPk_TtetE

cheapest mustang here is 6.890.000 kr. (4cyl manual) most expensive is 10.290.000 kr. (manual 5L)

>"Make X" total shit. "Make Y" awesome.
it is never that black and white.

Holy shit, the cheapest one is 62k USD? I'm pretty sure the base model costs 25k in the US

It's the same here or even more. Watch video people are complaining about that.

This desu. I wouldn't call the Focus and Fiesta "American cars", they're fully made for an European mindset.

>tfw if i had to pay $62K for a $25K car, I'd be creating "why do americans store their shoes in the fridge" threads all day.

Fords are somewhat common. The rest is a rare sight.

We mostly buy Swedish, German and Japanese cars.
Then comes French, American, and etc.

>the cheapest one is 62k USD?
yes

>"why do Americans wear their eggs in the house"

And a hefty tax on top of that?

Tesla is really hot here these days.

BRAVO

>"why do Americans wear their huevos in the house"

> chevy
they sell some korean cars under that brand here. live chevrolet aveo.
> dodge
my friend had dodge caravan which is minivan of some sort.

Fords are pretty common. Other brands are much rarer, although we have a weird american redneck cosplaying subculture too.

youtube.com/watch?v=ewNm3XzP0pw

Also ford focus was most popular credit card for office drones here. It became a meme of some sort. It's not a bad car just stereotype.
But I think now kia and hyndai replaced it.

you would expect that they at least make a new design

that's the final price senpai

That's common practice. Dacia logan and dacia duster are sold as renault here(and in Brazil).
And opposite - lada granta sold as datsun in some countries but it had a bit different design.

Also for some reason locally produced cars in 3rd world like vw polo, open astra classic, nissan almera are all sedans. They think everyone in 3rd world wants sedan which is sad I like vw polo hatchback much more.

>Ford
Ok
>GM
Shit
>FCA
Its the worst 1st world brand

youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5FUs-Rg8s
best part starts at 5:00

they finally did

don't lots of people in russia drive SUVs because of bad roads

interesting, I wonder why they not offer both variants. It's weird, the distance shouldn't be a problem.

We had these Deawoos years ago. They were actually not very popular, only poor people bought them. At some point they changed the brand to Chevrolet. Now actually nobody buys them anymore. Everybody just looked suspicious and thought: What the?

I live in Moscow we have good roads here. But if you have dacha in some remote place "on nature" you would want SUV I guess. Crossovers are more popular then real offroad vehicles anyway.
And in regions with really poor roads people can't afford expensive SUVs.
So I dunno.
Most popular cars are on the pic

Yes they were a thing years ago here too. I even haven't seen them for years. They were not really popular. I just remembered them when heard of chevrolet. Real chevrolets are even more rare.

Pls buy our Peugeot and our Renault.

Also pls buy our Rafale.

Pls.

Facile à dire quand aucun des deux ne vend leurs véhicules ici.
Pourquoi je peux pas avoir de Duster?

Porto Alegre, one of the whitest, wealthiest and most developed cities of South America.

Saw this bad boy the other day