Should I buy a PC or attempt to play WoW on my 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3...

Should I buy a PC or attempt to play WoW on my 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.
>inb4 macfag - had to buy it for work
>inb4 WoW sucks now - don't care, want to waste time playing it (former addict)

Don't really care about only being able to run 30 fps on it, just worried this thing will overheat or will damage or choke up, don't want to burn it out. All videos/forums say it's fine, but I'm skeptical.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B005C31HC0?ref_=sr_1_1&s=pc&qid=1492055651&sr=1-1&keywords=coolermaster&pldnSite=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pic related, but not mine

don't play warcraft faggot

k

What the hell job do you have where you had to get a Mac, graphic design? I'm an IT Tech and we only use them in creative marketing where I work

yes, work with a bunch of libtards in the communications/marketing unit of a university

>2017
>WoW
No, just no.

k thanks but what are your thoughts

World of Warcraft was released in 2004.
I bought a Mac back in 2008 and played WoW on it.
If you can not run World of Warcraft, a 2004 game, on your 2015... mac, pc, microwave, that little display on some refrigerators... ANYTHING, really, then it has been seriously damaged and you need a refund.

Right, I know, but i heard some people saying battlegrounds and general pvp would overheat their Macbooks, fans not kicking in etc. This is why I'm asking. I'm 100% it will run fine, but unsure if it will hurt my MBP in the long run, i.e., make it shittier than it already is

Nice

Build a pc and play whatever you like on steam

why dont you just buy a shitty gaming laptop and solve this problem?

You're a Macfag.

Okay, just needed to get that out of my system. I'm a hardcore Apple hater.

Anyways OP, you should save your shekels and build yourself a decent gaming desktop if you really want to play games.

Also, I'm so sorry you have to suffer the shame of lugging that cuckbook around

>I'm an IT Tech and we only use them in creative marketing where I work

Sounds like you're a Help Desk phone guy at a local neighborhood ISP?

I know, it's a shame. I want to build a PC, nothing fancy, but don't want to spend the money.

Nope, layout/web design.

Your Macbook can easily play wow. Don't waste money on a new machine.

Thanks user. I want to build a PC eventually, but wanna wait till I can shell out some actual cash for it instead of compromising on parts.

b/c if I'm going to buy something I want to build a nice ass PC, which is why I'm wondering if I should dl WoW for now and wait till I can shell out some decent cash to build or settle for an ok system

You can build a decent rig for about 400 or 500, even 300 for low end gaming. I reccomend saving up about 700 though so you can run the newest games smoothly at high settings

Don't listen to this retard, buy an entirely new computer for the sole purpose of playing a cringy mmo

It's already been well answered but for reassurance yes. WoW reauires very little to run. But it wouldnt hurt to invest in a cheap mouse, I personally can't stand using the touchpad. Also ghosting can be an issue so it's best to bind some of your attacks to seperate keys instead of shift+key or ctrl+key

>2017
>playing WoW

fucking casual. Game is casual shit tier since Tier 11 ended with aids quality PvP that Blizzard is in way over theirs heads..

It's so unbalanced they got kicked out of MLG when it was a thing and they can't get into eSports, so they had to invite their own tournaments. Fucking kek
Also, RIP Tier 8. Last amazing raid content.

if you're going to play WoW, at least do yourself some self respect and play the new Vanilla server.

thanks, user. Yes, will invest in nice mouse if I don't build a PC

500 is about the price for a decent graphics card these days. A good rig for the newest games at high settings that runs smooth would req something like a titan. So 700 for a gaming rig is way since the card itself would cost around 1000

Egpu. External GPU. GPU over thunder bolt.

ty

>2017
>playing retail wow
kek play on a wotlk server or even a earlier version

You can add an eGPU and play in Ultra Settings.

When did you quit? I know you don't want to hear it and it probably won't change your mind, but it's nothing like the way it was and will possibly just make you depressed.
Either way, your mac will 100% run it just fine. No reason to be skeptical. Even with the new xpac and higher minimum requirements, you are totally okay.

Hoping you have fun and can make some friends, user. Wishing you luck.

thanks, user. I played roughly 2010-2013. I know, I shouldn't do it. But about to finish a master's degree, about to have a shit load of time on my hands, and get bored with every other game out there. Have been thinking about playing again ever since I quit.

how so, though? I know cataclysm changed everything. Like, if I'm mainly looking for nostalgia/questing/general pve, how disappointed will I be?

I think its best expansion since wotlk.
And I've played it since vanilla

I played hella WoW (occasionally ultra mode) with my 2013 macbook pro, still works fine today.

BUILD A PC FAGGOT

I stopped after wotlk. I can download all expansions (vanilla - current) at once, right? Like they update what you're downloading?

>buy a new pc
>for a game that is 13 years old

buy my parts, cuck

Hey man there's a lot of trash in this thread. WoW was designed to run on as many machines as possible so as many people can play it as possible.

And that was 13 years ago. You'll be totally fine.

Why don't you try out first instead asking retarded questions here? Client is free to download and so are the first 20+ levels free to play. Why don't you try it and see if it runs or not? Are you stupid?

>WoW sucks now (former addict)
ummm there are dozens of vanilla, tbc and wotlk servers with really good scripting... try those

even few descent cataclysm servers... but you have to understand more bugs since core is under development+ more difficult scripting of quests and events

ty user

yes

Which vanilla servers you can recommend? Elysium is shit, the devs are/were corrupted as fuck selling gold for money to chinks, then giving in-game custom items to certain guilds (again against money) etc. But, what's happening with Kronos for example?

Which is the best WotLK server?

I'm not OP but tempted with private server... I unsubscribed ages ago but paying WoW without paying could work at least for a while.

if you don't have a dedicated card, yours will choke and sputter. the game probably won't be worth playing

things you can do, from someone who has gamed on laptops for years, and has had a laptop burn out on him because of WoW specifically:
Get a cooling pad, relatively cheap
amazon.com/gp/product/B005C31HC0?ref_=sr_1_1&s=pc&qid=1492055651&sr=1-1&keywords=coolermaster&pldnSite=1 is the one I use

Get yourself a temp measuring program. I don't know what this would look like on mac, but I use one called Core Temp, which displays all core temperatures on my start bar. Keep a fucking eye on this. At the very least check it every once in awhile when you are in cities or larger groups.

Either way, you're not going to want this glowing coal on your legs, so consider an hdmi cable and plugging it into a tv. When I'm home my laptop is just a game console to the right of my television on a cooling pad.

If you go that route keep your fucking screen open, because a lot of heat escapes from the keyboard and it will burn itself out in a very short time.

Good luck, alliance scum.

If I remember correctly Twinstar.cz owner of Kronos is merging these days 2 vanilla servers into one. Should be up soon.

OP here. Which server should I play on if I download vanilla - most recent xpac? Horde, mostly pve, but want a little pve

Even if you are a graphic designer, why the hell would you need a Mac in the first place?

Graphic designer, can do it on PC.

Probably a dumb question but do you use a separate keyboard when HDMI to monitor?

ask my fucking boss. I do like how adobe runs on OSX, tho...

Literally anywhere that codes and didn't go Linux
I just started a coding position in a bioinformatics department and they hooked me up with a $3.2k MBP

Unless you use Linux you haven't had to really use a PC fam

Install gentoo

So literally no real coding
Glad to know I was right thinking your opinion was worthless

Try youtube channels Hamsterwheel or Dodgykebaab to find your ideal server. They make pretty descent reviews of private servers. Interesting project was one TBC server with only vanilla content available and level cap at 60. It balanced the classes bit better... you didn't have the old class spec. locks like you are pala? so you heal. You are warrior? you're tank

>doesn't really care
>asking for opinions

choose one.

Hoop up mac to big ass screen, buy keyboard, you probably already have a mouse and you're set. Don't need a pc if you're just going to play wow.

If youre worried about fans, just get a manual fan controller pr- oh.

You should just play eso

>Like, if I'm mainly looking for nostalgia/questing/general pve
It would be tough to cover all the ways it's changed, and summarizing it by simply saying it's simpler/more-casual would be sort of a meme.
The current game isn't THAT bad, but it's a shadow of what it was and is barely an mmorpg at this point, at least by old UO/EQ/WoW (vanilla through wrath at least) standards.
You'll get a free level 100, which fits as the game funnels you to the end game more than ever, at which point it's just an endless grind - and even the grind is half-assed compared to asian mmos.
Another meme, but the "community" is fully gone at this point. Most everything in the game is instanced and able to be portal'd to as well as automatically finding groups for you. There isn't a lot of reason (outside of mythic at least) to make friends or even pretend to be friendly.
A lot of the poor decisions in the current game started in late wrath, were solidified during cata, and doubled down upon in WoD.
Simply going by xpac vs xpac, Legion is at least more enjoyable than WoD at least before the artifact power grind and assuming you're ok with the way your "main" plays (very alt-unfriendly xpac tho it's alleviated a bit now).
I could add a lot to this, I'm trying to make it simple, and of course it's all completely my own opinion.
As far as playing for nostalgia, I don't think you'd find it as the game is so different now. You could literally play most specs with an xbox controller.
If just playing for questing, while the 1-100 content is completely irrelevant and for the most part just a boring (if relatively quck) chore, the Legion questing is pretty fucking fun the first time. I'm not sure if it's worth the purchase price or not but it's good. Also really really fast, even compared to how fast it was to get to max in WoD.
For general PVE, it will be fun at first but the repetition will be noticed right away. BUT, if you have good friends to play with, then it has potential.

WoW just isnt the same game anymore.
I really do miss 2004. Playing WoW and dota 1. Love it

Go PC or a Gaming Laptop (2nd Option in all reality)
Also grab a few mates get pissed and have fun (what i do most Sundays)

>not buying a better-performing PC for the same price and simply having Mac OS on a dual boot

legion is pretty good.

All you need is 8G RAM and i5 processor to play with practically no problems. A graphics processor and some extra RAM will help with looks but functionality should be same fr fr

yeah, separate keyboard and mouse on a desk

even the keyboards of laptops can become uncomfortably hot, plus i prefer my mechanical keyboard to the flat keys anyway

Buy a cheap computer.. Macbooks are utter trash..

You can make something pretty decent for around 600 USD.. (1060, cheap i7.)

>not a 15" mbp
>not a retina model either

Buy a PC and play something better.

you mean a windows. macs are personal computers, idiot.

>a windows

>IT Tech
What did you think, faggot?

your logic makes NO fucking sense. stay in your mom's basement

If the image is accurate, you should be fine with anything recent with Wotlk.

If you are after retail, a dedicated computer with a high speed single threaded CPU and an Nvidia card is the best bet.

Seriously, a 4ghz i3-7300 and a 1050 Ti or 1060 fits the game perfectly at full settings on everything except maybe 4k.

thanks, looks like I'll just get a nice keyboard and mouse and hook up to a monitor.