What was your first CD?

What was your first CD?

This was mine. Toxicity by System of a Down (2001)

Disturbed - Indestructible
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Rancid - Let the Domino's Fall

Here's the thing, taking pride in my music taste is a relatively recent phenomenon

RHCP - Greatest Hits

Nirvana - MTV unplugged

I got The Eminem Show when i was like 8. It explains a lot now i think about it.

This was mine as well

CD? Oh fuck I dunno man that was too long ago.

My brothers was a black flag CD.
Mine was probably a led zeppelin album or Def Leopard or something.

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath. Got it in seventh grade.

Im old enough that I used to buy tapes...but my first actual Compact Disc purchase was at the age of 11, I believe. It was 1997 and the album I bought was navy blues by a band called Sloan because of a song called "the money city maniacs".

My dad gave me Greatest Hits by Queen when I was really into Queen

Demon Days
>inb4 undrageb&
It's 12 years old at this point

don't laugh, this had prodigy, deftones, mbm, rage against the machine...

I got this for Clubbed to Death, it's good.

:(

I got it as a gift when I was 9

First one I remember buying on my own.

The first Shrek soundtrack.

Toxicity was my second tho

the first one i ever bought with my own money
the first album i ever actively listened to was probably my older brother's ride the lightning cd

Same

Only enjoyed Clint Eastwood, 19/2000, Tomorrow Comes Today, Latin Simone and Rock the House because I was a kid though

I forgot Good Charlotte existed

It was either this or some bagpipe music cd from Target. I was 6.

I'm deeply sorry for reminding you of their existance

I got a Journey Greatest Hits CD from my dad. The first one I bought with my own money was either Nevermind or International Superhits, and I can't remember which.

Lol this Japanese band called Maximum the Hormone blows SOAD out the water in quality. Check em out anons.

I can't remember which came first but my cd collection was this:
(keep in mind I was in middle school at the time)
jimi hendrix experience best hits
ac/dc - highway to hell/back in black/dirty deeds
black sabbath - paranoid
avenged sevenfold - waking the fallen/whichever one had bat country on it
grateful dead best hits (?)
metallica - master of puppets/black album/and justice for all
megadeth greatest hits
van halen - 1984
and a bunch of other ones I can't remember
shit I need to go through all my old cds again

Superunknown ;_;

Jimi Hendrix Live at Winterland.

Entirety of the Beginningers

>weebshit

Christmas I got this and Franz Ferdinand's You Could Have Had It So Much Better

Either this or American Idiot

My earliest memory of CDs is from riding in my friends mom's car that had a CD player in it. I was impressed by the shininess and light reflection on the ceiling of the car. When I was 7 years old I borrowed a Phil Collins CD from the library and it skipped. When I was 9 or 10 I got free AOL cd roms from bins in the lobby of wal mart just because I could because they were free. When I was 10 I got my first music CD it was "Bills Bills Bills" by "Destiny's Child" I won it at a Chuck E. Cheese kind of arcade. My first CD album was a "Boston" album that my grandparents gave to me for a birthday present along with a CD player, my 11th birthday. I was mostly listening to vinyl and cassette tapes at that time. Not long after I began using p2p programs to download music. I bought many CDs between 2002 and 2005 even though I could have got the mp3s online for free. Or maybe I couldn't. I can't remember.

how bummed are u

With my own money? This one

got it from this bogan street market for like $5. it had karen written on the back in marker