Seasonal Charts

One of these?

i feel like hail to the thief and in rainbows are autumn, the bends is summer, and okc is winter
the rest i agree with

Can someone make one for the Beach Boys?

Animal Collective

Spring
>Here Comes the Indian

Summer
>MPP
>SJ
>Feels

Winter
>Sung Tongs
>Spirit

I can feel The Bends for Summer, and maybe even Hail To The Thief for autumn (I get a bit of a spring feeling at points from it)

I dunno, In Rainbows always felt like winter to me

funny story, I actually have an Animal Collective chart and you got a few of them right

CHz Is definitely winter.

Dark side is so summer though

The entire reunion trilogy is late summer early fall,

Painting With is a comfy rainy day spring album, those going into it expecting a fun summer album will be disappointed and I think that's why many people don't like it

I don't know, man, it definitely feels very summer to me. It has a conventional flow of heat to it.

Bumping to make one.

I mean full disclosure, I didn't make these, they're just saved from threads over time, but generally I find them agreeable. The guitar work on In Rainbows evokes natural warmth, and House of Cards just plays in my head whenever I'm swimming, but a song like Reckoner is stormy and heavily percussive, so it could conjure up the image of a blizzard I suppose.

MY FEET CAN'T CROSS THE PARKING LOT
THE PARKING LOT
IS WAY TOO HOT

It feels like an early spring album to me. Lots of energy but still kinda chilly

how the hell amenesiac is Summer? It's autumn as fuck.

I made Beatles one a long time ago that seemed to be generally agreed upon as correct, but I don't have it anymore. I think this is what it was.

could this be it?

No I only had Rubber Soul on. I'm not as familiar with the earlier albums.

Thank god I got here before anyone else did Bowie.

(I did text because it would have looked like shit otherwise)

thanks for the new addition!

TKOL is definitely an autumn album

I think that the first half of the album fits Autumn - decay, things falling apart, spastic noises in Feral and Little by Little - whereas the latter half is more calm and serene, like the start of Spring.

I know less about the accuracy of this one, only heard Amber and Tri Repetae

This is actually one of the most autistic things I've ever seen. You're literally just assigning albums to seasons based off nothing whatsoever.

I'd hardly say that these charts aren't based off of anything. Certain tones and modes have the effect of evoking certain weather patterns and climates typical of those found in the four seasons. What makes Vivaldi's Spring so springlike? What about the other movements of his piece? In some cases these seasons can be nothing more than recommended listening environments, like pairing a dish with a wine, but in others they can be as simple as just the "feel" of the album. I don't make them, but I appreciate the sentiment of those who do enough to have started this thread.

>Certain tones and modes have the effect of evoking certain weather patterns and climates typical of those found in the four seasons

I hope you're joking or legitimately have autism.

Neither is the case. It's fine if you disagree - whether from lack of knowledge of musical theory (my own knowledge is rather lacking) or from genuine difference of opinion - but mental illness has nothing to do with it.

Fuck off newfag. These threads pop up all the time. If you can't sense the general mood of an album, you're the one with autism.

damn user looks like your the retard

>my own knowledge is rather lacking
Yeah, I can tell

Michigan is a summer album

Why is it so radical to think that, if major chords can evoke happiness, and if minor chords can cause sadness, then certain chord progressions and melodies, when arranged in complex albums, can evoke memories and moods associated with the seasons?
If are to be believed, then this thought isn't as radical as you might think.

Music can ABSOLUTELY evoke memories, and moods are a given. But that's my whole point. Your memories are exclusive to you. To just deem an album an "autumn" album is exclusively for personal reasons, which is why I find these threads autistic.

Well, in that case, maybe the purpose of the thread isn't so much to make definitive statements on the natures of these albums, but to provide a starting point for discussion or an interesting viewpoint to consider, hm? If anything, this very thread proves that.

Sure, just a valueless thread to me. Equivalent to
>This album reminds me of red, and this one reminds me of blue, and this one reminds me of yellow

Campfire Songs works as a summer album because of how sunbleached it sounds.

PW works best as a summer album. Listening to that record can feel like slowing melting under intense heat.

In that case, I fail to see why you chose to participate. I'm certain that the energy you put into responding here might have been better spent doing something else. At the very least, this thread is about music, and is thus pretty solidly on topic.

But it's not about music, it's a thread about assigning albums to seasons for no particular reason

...sure thing, user. A thread about assigning albums - bodies of musical work - to seasons - by means of their various tones and qualities - for recreational purposes isn't REALLY about music, now, is it?

Lulz

.... no. In fact, it's severely autistic.

Sweet dreams, user

...good night.

This thread had so much potential but it became a bitching-fit about being a bad way to organize albums.

Kinda sad.

I'm still posting things, user. We ain't quite dead yet.

I can agree but put Moon shape pool in spring

He killed the vibe tho.

I could try to make another one.

I'd say the same thing, until I had a chance to listen to it in the middle of a snowstorm. The drum part in the bridge of Identikit sounds like a pick being driven into ice, and True Love Waits brings with it a numbing coldness that feels like frostbite.
OC would be very much appreciated, I'm running out of good ones/charts I can corroborate.

here's my last one for the night.