Dear Sup Forums

Dear Sup Forums
I'll be travelling to the US next month and I'm a bit concern about smoking in public places; I've done a little bit of research and found that you cannot drop cigarette butts on the pavement, also you cant smoke in parks.

It would be very helpful for me if you guys could give me some tips on how to deal with this.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/578080/
steamcommunity.com/id/KAIIRU/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally don't give a fuck I smoke wherever and drop butts all the time nobody gives a shit as long as you do it like 15 feet away from any doors you should be fine or if your paranoid carry an empty box and knock the tobacco out of your lit cig and put the butt in the empty box

cool

want: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
store.steampowered.com/app/578080/

ID: KAIIRU
steamcommunity.com/id/KAIIRU/

how bout you stop being a faggot and stop smoking

buy a portable ashtray they're pretty cheap

Either plan out where you will / will not smoke carefully, or try out nicotine patches or gum for the down time. There's not much else you can do i'd say. If you wanna be the rude guy then go ahead and smoke in those places but you will definitely get in trouble if some concerned parent is worried for her child's lungs by it.

Butts go into a trashcan or ashtray. You can probably drop them on sidewalks but not parks.

roll the cherry out of the end, stomp it out
throw the non-lit butt in the trash
cheers!

This

Because I'm addicted and no one can tell me what to do, fag. Plus I'm Canadian so better than you.

Thanks, this seems like the proper choice

Don't be a fag, and don't smoke and litter the world with your trash.

No one actually gives a shit here. If someone says something, just put it out and throw it away

>canadian
kek

This. Who the fuck still smokes? I'm probably older than most of you (mid-40s). Most people I know around my age who smoke look, act and sound so much older than they should. Makes your skin look shitty and your voice sound like an old hag. And that morning hacking cough is so fucking gross. But have fun with that.

Forgot to add -- I live near the beach and every fucking cig butt washes out to sea and then back on the beach. If you're dumb enough to smoke, use a god damned ashtray. Fuckheads.

pretty much you can only do it while walking down the street.

cant do it in doorways, not inside any business building, not on beaches, nor parks, not in school campuses. and be careful to properly put out cig and drop extinguished butt in trash can, do not just toss it on floor and stamp out with shoe, as some lesbian will shout at you, and in some cases cops can give you ticket for infraction.

and nowadays, people dont even let you smoke in their cars or flats. most smokers just deal with it by smoking in their own homes and yards, and in their cars...

just dont do it around kids as well some people might get triggered oh and also dont do it near doors

Depends where you are. I live near the beach in LA. Hardly anyone smokes except dumb teenagers and Euros. You will get nasty glares everywhere you go if you smoke around here.

Ok, I was worried because I came across an article, explaining that if you drop your cig's butt on the pavement you get fined ($50 +)

I'll stab you

Say 25 feet from doorways and don't smoke around kids. I smoke it parks all the time when I'm fishing.

if they see you, yes, they can give you ticket for infraction. its just nowadays, we dont get regular street sweeping, and shit, so eveyone is sick of trashy people just flicking their shit around, because they dont live there, and they butts never go away, so people give your dirty looks, and faggots yell at you, "hey douchebag, put up your cigarettes, you fucking wanker"m and shit.

Yeah, from where I come from people dont actually care, but I thought that If I'm moving to another country the least I want, is to get in trouble for not respecting norms or customs of the country

Parks and the like,ashes go wherever but trash the butts.Careful in other public places as leaving them can be considered littering and get you fined,but most people don't care.Stay a good distance from doors and check laws for cities you travel through as a lot are banning smoking inside all public buildings (even bars).Smoking around kids outside,while a dick move,is not illegal.

As long as you move 15-20 feet from groups of people no one will care if you smoke in public as long as you're outside. As for the butts you should toss them in the trash or an ashtray if there's one around, but no one would bat an eye if you dropped it and stomped it out.

Also while I doubt you'll be driving anywhere with kids,again check laws.So places,like where I live down in Texas have banned smoking in vehicles with kids in them even with windows all the way down.

>implying literally anybody coming to America respects its culture or even bothers to learn the language (if they dont already speak english)

Technically you can be fined for littering but it's like jaywalking, 99% of the time no one will care unless you're blatantly doing it in front of cops.

Thanks

actually, nowadays the dropping and stamping out will get you dirty looks, and lesbians will yell at you to pick it up, I have even seen faggots pick up the butt and flick it into smokers car and shit. whatever, you are visiting, just respect the norms, you are free to smoke. the rules for smoking are tightening up worldwide, except the 3rd world i guess. and packs of cigs are fucking averaging like 8-10 loonies nowadays

It really depends on where you're visiting. For example, if you come to my state ( I don't recommend this btw ) you can do what ever the fuck you want essentially, unless it's completely immoral/illegal. I smoke 2 packs a day and leave them wherever, and I have never had a complaint.

Pic didn't get uploaded

Clearly the answer is to purchase the most obnoxious, vapor cloud creating, led lit, digital lcd screen, fire causing battery vaporizor you can get that plays mp3s and blare your music with the lights on full blast while you shoot clouds out of your face at people.
Its the cultural norm in America, you dont want to stick out and be the only one NOT doing this, right?

please stay in your shitty state then. thank you.

>carry an empty box and knock the tobacco out of your lit cig and put the butt in the empty box

this, i smoke at the parks and just put the empty back in the box or in the trash. no one's ever said anything to me about it. obviously just don't blow it in their face and you'll be fine.

Will do mamby boy

he's canadian.
he has an obligation to pretend to be polite...

but he visits b/, so he is a bit of a hoser

>not respecting norms or customs of the country
And the first thing that came to your mind was the "cigarette-etiquette" of the country?

you see the pic of his tobacco stained hands in OPs Pic? Its important to him.

Im from California, and I try to find out what the scoring and smoking pot etiquette is in my destinations.