Should Chili be made with, or without beans?

Should Chili be made with, or without beans?

With... no exceptions... NEXT!

What kind of beans are you thinking about?

real human beans

Even when you put it on a chili dog?

With beans. Chilli beans and kidney beans

With beans if served as a meal.
Without if served as a condiment.

With

Fuck off degenerate.

You're probably even thinking they should be kidney beans.

Depends if the people eating it like beans obviously.

OK, this is more like it. What about cinci chili on spaghetti? Or chili dogs? or steak chili?

With beans.

Without corn. Why the fuck do they always put corn into canned chili? It's disgusting enough without it.

its a no no here in texas to make chili with beans but i like them in my chili if its home made

I like it without beans, but with lots of corn...huh

THIS IS WHY I AM CONFUSED

Get out ubertwat.

>Should Chili be made with, or without beans?
yes

Don't listen to the lies.

again

Btw I was looking for something to eat later after a few beers and you guys made me remember that I still have some Chili in the freezer. Making Chili burgers now. Thanks

Wouldn't know shit about Cincinnati as I don't live in a shithole, and who the fuck puts chili on spaghetti.
Chili dog no beans.
Steak chili should have beans.

Chili was invented by cowboys who carries beans with them as they kept for long periods of time when dry

Ain't authentic without beans

Guess what.

>they got it from Mexicans.

/thread

The above statement is true.
Use red beans, and possibly pinto (chili beans)

I love the corn in a proper chilli. Super spicy and salty and the corn gives you little pockets of sweetness. Balances it all out nicely and the addition texture always helps.

if you start putting in corn or other vegetables then it becomes a stew not chili

Kidney beans?

Fuck off back to the midwest culinary wasteland that spawned you.

Choke on cock chili rapist.

Bullshit.

texas has its own ways and thats one. its like bbq also here beef is king and not pork. also fun fact that the frito pie was invented in texas

What is the best chili, in your opinion

>this

like i said home made is best with beans. i usually use kidney beans and spicy pinto beans and some rotel

OK, good to know! Thank you

with, obviously.

Rotel?

Kidney beans?

Why not just open a Can o' Chili from the store.

You sound like the sort of person that thinks opening a box and boiling water is "cooking".

There's only one way to make chili.

The Warren Zevon way.

Perfect, a true chili connoisseur. What is your favourite Chili?

Best chilli I've made is a slow cook chilli with dark chocolate. Was fucking amazing.

>"you like a thing i personally don't like, therefore you must be retarded"

fuck outta here with that bullshit opinion.

idiot chili isnt gormet food. its simple to make with a few ingredients so fuck off

I always put a bit of 100% cocoa powder into my Chili btw. Don't know if that's seen as some kind of blasphemy, but it adds quite a bit of richness.
It's easy to screw the whole thing up by putting in too much, though.

here

Cocoa fits surprisingly well into the mix, doesn't it?

>suet
>bacon fat

Don't question the Zevon.

Huh I just learned that "cocoa" and "cacao" are two different things in the English language.

I'm German and use "Kakao". There's no other word for it.

Premade shit and completely wrong beans aren't indgredients.

True German efficiency. English has too many words, honestly.

Fuck off kindergarten pussy.

Certain things are just fucking wrong.

Take your lack of standards to your safe space.

I like this

You don't have to be a chili expert to know what the fuck chili is.

Based

Yes. Virtually every 'luxury' chilli recipe I read has some form of chocolate in it.

NO BEANS !

Its just not chili without beans

But what is your favourite chili?

Cincinnati chili is not chili. Fucking sweet faggot tier squirt shit is what it is

That sounds reasonable.

Basically, it's pretty much mole chili.

Pretty good idea really.

YES BEANS !

No

No beans in the chili, you put the beans on the side.
If you want the beans mixed with the chili, you can do it on the plate.

Chili, beans, rice.

whoever said 'without' is fucking retarded.

finally, someone is speaking sense!

I don't have a favorite.

I like both proper chili: i.e.: chili con carne: meat, chilis, spices and the less proper kinds that use tomato and pinto beans.

Pinto beans.

No other fucking beans.

If you want to use pinto beans, tomatoes, meat, chilis, and spices it's fine. Sure you won't be able to enter it into a lot of chili contests, but it won't suck.

Unlike that tomato broth with hamburger, kidney beans, chunks of onion, chunks of bell pepper, chunks of tomato, and the "Chili Spice" packet that assholes think is chili.

Those are the people who know what the fuck chili is you minge mop.

Damn...you really are a chili aficionado

Not him, but I don't care if it turns into a stew if I put in beans. There have to be beans.

Someone will start advocating that chili should be made with heinz baked beans eventually.

It's really not that hard.

Living in Texas for a year helped, but still.

I've tried and it wasn't very good tbh

Beans in chili is a northern thing.

With.

But also Idaf about traditions, ever. Fuck your traditions.

I'll put fucking zucchini and mushrooms in my chili.
Seriously, I do that around the holidays, I make chili with squash, mushrooms, corn, and I add a little nutmeg and cinnamon to the mix, bc it brings out the honey I also put in thereAND brings out the spices.

Also, I use curry powder as my base, and add ground black pepper, salt, oregano, rosemary, Sage, ceyanne and paprika. Then the veggies and meat add their flavors, I use pure filtered water and tomato purée as the sauce base, which I add in after the diced celery and mushrooms and onions has sweated off in olive oil and spices, brown the meat with the spice mix separate, and add the liquid from that to a container with a little soy sauce, butter, honey, more spice mix, and red wine or red wine vinegar, which I add as needed to keep the mix from getting too thick.

Once the meat is in, I add the beans. I use black, pinto, red and white kidney beans, and sometimes corn.

Then, I usually add more tomato paste or purée, and more of that mix of liquids, to keep the right consistency, and add more spice mix as needed. If my wife isn't eating it, like if I'm making it for friends, I will use my homemade chili infused hot seseme oil with the olive oil to cook the veggies, and meat. Adds a whole extra layer of heat, that comes in after the ceyanne and curry spice. And I'll throw some habenero salt in the spice mix.

It is fucking delicious.

It's way too much sugar in the tomato sauce, it's like using ketchup.

Tell that to the Chili Appreciation Society International.

Anyone remember the Bean Boy thread? I can't find the screencap right now.

Pic related

My pro tip is to add some cumin seeds to the heating oil before the onions.

Sounds great.

Do you have a chili recipe too?

This. Try it with a little cold brew coffee as well. The really concentrated stuff.

It's not chili if there are beans in it. It's like some goulash or something.

chili isnt rocket science. so what if you use something like 5 alarm chili. the only cooking i do is browning the meat and no i dont use regular hamburger meat i use chunky chili meat and make my own pinto beans spicy too, everything else is either canned or packedged. i like rotel cause you can make it mild or hot

out of curiosity i was lookig up what a frito pie actually is.

and once again i have to conclude that the development of culture in america, after existing for about 400 years, still is on a frigthening low level.

no wonder you people are stupid enough to make a man like donald trump your president.

Lol ok faggot

Enjoy making the same boring shit your grandpapi learned from his grandpapi like a good little culture slave.

Only beans and no meat is the non degenerate way of doing it.

Yes. Any other response is just degenerate.

Recipes Bing or google this:

preparing competition chili pdf

its a texas thing dont knock it. you aint lived if you hadnt had a good ol texas frito pie with a cold dr pepper

Holy shit you made me look it up as well and it's real. Top kek

Kidney beans for sure you could even drop in Pork beans homemade or canned fucking good + it gotta be fucking spicy, enough to drop couple tears while you eat

You can make it with beans ... IF YOU'RE A DAMN RUSSIAN.

That's racist, user.

.... They are actually a Mexican thing too. Look up tostilocos or dorilocos.

Of course it's difficult.

Opening cans and packages, then mixing the shit together ain't cooking.

Er....*not* difficult.

no its a texas thing. it was invented in austin tx and its a sin if you put beans on it

What's chili without beans?

You think fucking up recipes is cultural freedom and in your world I'm the idiot.

Right.

Ok guys I'm firing up the grill to make some Chili burgers and have a few beers. I'll post results if I don't forget about it.

Good thread. Cheers from Germany.

This whole fucking thread

real people
>chili is something you make over the course of a day so that it is delicious and if you add corn or noodles it becomes goulash

Children
>chili is only a few "ingredients"

Opening cans and using pots and pans isn't cooking you scrubs. It is knowing how to warm things up one step above a microwave

Your just fucking wrong.

The worst part is you think you're right.