How much do you pirate music and how much do you pay for it?

How much do you pirate music and how much do you pay for it?

for me it depends on how old the album is. if it has come out within the last 5 years i buy it

I pirate everything

I only buy merchandise and physical copies of things that I know for sure will help go towards the artist and the hardworking studio engineers and not some fucking studio head

Only album for me is Badass. But im about to buy Damn, All Amerikkkan, and considering Black Sands.

So far this year I have bought one album that was released prior to this year which was Phleg Camp brand new for $7 + $3 shipping

Then for albums released this year I have spent about $70 total for 6 albums

Then I pay $10 a month for Spot-a-Pleb

havent payed for an album from a major label since 2007
always paid for independent music where possible (assuming the bands active, have a bandcamp even if its name your price etc)

Sorry I was just making a price adjustment

I pirate all music I like for use in my digital library and then from there I eventually buy everything.

makes sense. when u have the money spend it then.

Yep. It's also about making sure I only buy stuff I actually like. I never buy stuff blind.

i buy physical copies of stuff of bandcamp.
besides that i pirate everything.

How to tell your interest board is underage and/or neet: when its users make any excuse to avoid paying for that interest.

>Y-yeah man, record labels are like, the devil! Let's fuck over the artists we like who are on those labels by not buying their music!

I have never pirated music my entire life. I've bought everything I listen to. Physically and digitally.

Not gonna act like I do it to support the artist, because I have no fuckin clue why I do it. I don't think it makes me better than pirates either.

What the fug

bruv

I just can't bring myself to pay for digital music, especially when the digital files are so easily accessible for free. I have to be getting something physical to seal the deal.

2 of the 6 albums released this year that Ive bought have been for lyrics.

Pirating =/= free

Que?

I borrow music from the library and rip it to my computer.

Free by definition is the exchange agreed upon by the owner e.g. free exchange.

Just because you did not pay for something does not mean it was free. I am extremely concerned that I needed to explain this.

I changed supplier to owner because technically whoever provides the pirated file is the supplier. However the musician, label, etc. is the music copyright owner.

that's so unnecessary. what cant you find on the internet?

Lol, fucking ninja pirate checking in.

The internet is full of old broken links, sometime it's easier to get a guaranteed 320 rip of an album by just renting it from the library.

As for me, I used to buy albums I enjoyed religiously, now that I'm in grad school and basically have no money, I still pirate but don't buy music. Still go to concerts whenever I can (which isn't often because bands avoid St. Louis like the plague).

I buy physical copies of albums I like and I pay for Spotify.
I only pirate things that I don't have in the previous mediums.

Jesus son, rip it in flac.

I haven't spend a dollar on music since 2007. Not even a live performance or anything.

I would probably see a kpop performance but I'm not sure what my wife would think, lol.

depends on how much i like it, if i really like it I'll search it out

I'm too poor and have another priorities instead of buying music, but I use Spotify.

Why don't you suck your own dick with that self-righteous attitude of yours, hmmm?

Music is literally worthless, and paying for an arrangement of noises on a 4/4 pattern makes no sense when you have the opportunity to not pay at all.

Ive paid a lil under $50 this year on physical music, bought a pandora sub, & I've probably downloaded about 50 albums this year.

Spotify premium and CDs. Been collecting CDs for around 6 months and I have 45 ish albums.

There's no music industry at a time when no one pays for music, goes to shows, or buys merch.

>paying for an arrangement of noises on a 4/4 pattern makes no sense

>Sup Forums user tries to prove the worthlessness of music in order to justify piracy.

Dude. Do you know what free means?

I pirate whatever isn't on spotify premium. I buy CDs about twice a year.

I pirate what interests me.
If I like it, I'll buy it. I have done that multiple times. If I don't, I delete it and move on.

I buy everything I can. Spotify has a good catalogue for jazz (oddly enough) and discogs has a good catalogue for international releases (I live in the US).

I buy albums I really want in my collection, and pirate anything I either can't afford or don't feel like I need to buy.

I pirate music all the time, and never pay for it.

I don't make an excuse. I pirate all of my music and I know I'm a bad person for it

I pirate if the artist is dead or band broken up. Usually I download a 320 or flac of an album, then buy it on whatever platform gives them the most money.

Only when I do not find it on iTunes or if the song is "album only." I only buy songs I like since most of the time, 60-80% of the songs in an album doesn't appeal to me.

I own a lot of music and I have spent exactly $0 on it

I only pirate out of print that is not available digitally, or music not available digitally that is above standard price to import

i always pirate first. im not going to buy junk i have no interest in.

i was starting to collect used cds again until i realized how stupid it is.
>none of them are ever near mint
>bad packaging
>if it's used it's probably because it's worthless

now im more interested in buying vinyl. maybe every once in a while i'll buy an album.

$5/month

i use spotify premium and buy vinyl once in a while, i dont pirate

I rarely pirate anything. Usually that is reserved for obscure and hard to find pieces.

I buy most of my music. Either CD or right from the website for the band. Not someplace like Amazon.