Why the first one is universally hated, while the second one is universally beloved?

why the first one is universally hated, while the second one is universally beloved?
they're not that different, it's practically the same album with the same alternative rock cliches, the only difference is that they've got a more serious image on The Bends

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LCJblaUkkfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pablo honey have a lot of songs that are completely useless. also thom's lyrical and melodic writing was weaker. also they wore their influences on their sleeve too much, and you can tell when they want to be grunge and when they want to be the smiths. but on the bends the writing got sharper, thom's lyrics and melodies got better, and they found their own sound. it sounds better overall with no bad tracks and a lot of standouts. you can realistically say any track from it is your favorite. but it's a shame that there were a lot of good guitar parts like the one's for Blow Out that were wasted on PH.

>pablo honey have a lot of songs that are completely useless.
y-you too

>on the bends the writing got sharper
>thom's lyrics and melodies got better
not that much

>they found their own sound
except they did it later

>they're not that different, it's practically the same album with the same alternative rock cliches
what song on pablo sounds like street spirit???????

youtube.com/watch?v=LCJblaUkkfc

I agree with you OP, maybe Pablo Honey isn't better than The Bends but it's not as bad as people tell.

I wouldn't say The Bends is universally loved, but the band themselves have said that it was when they started doing something other than emulating Pixies. TB is also a much more consistent album, there isn't a standout best song on TB like there is on PB

let me guess, your next favourite artist is grimes haha

no its actually death grips

the bends is better than pablo honey but i agree that there isn't much that really seperates the two

i feel its more that pablo honey is criminally underrated just because it has creep on it and radiohead fans love memes and in-jokes i.e. "le pablo honey is shit! XD REAL radiohead fans know about OK computer ;)"

although i dislike the term, they are a normie band for people who have not listened to much music.

those clinging onto a facade of thinking they are still one of their favourite groups are just hung up on nostalgic memories of sitting alone in a dark room think thom gets you, and than you're unique and miserable.

no its carlos nakai

how can you think is that better?!

>tfw you prefer pablo honey over the bends and everything after amnesiac

What does this even say

have a (you) for your butthurt.

I would say PH should be 3.15 and Bends should be 3.50

Yeah sure they're similar
But the Bends shows a lot more technical ability
The lyrics are deeper and more complex (yes there are exceptions)
It has a unifying theme and it also has just better songs
Nothing on Pablo Honey even compares to the worst song on the Bends

Second half of The Bends pretty well carries the album. Pablo is good but is much more inconsistent. Only songs that really stand out are You, Anyone Can Play Guitar, That Song Everyone Knows, and Blowout. Everything else is mediocre

>Sulk
>Good
Lmao

Naw sulk is undeniably terrible man. But other than that its amazing

Blow out > high & dry

because RYM is 99% shilling and 1% independent thought