/cfb/ general - SEASON WRAP-UP

No one knew who they were before they put on the helmet.

Other urls found in this thread:

games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2016/en/group?groupID=121814
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Alabama
2. Washington
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson

This is objectively the best way it could play out.

1. Find 13 people who have never watched a down of college football in their life
2. Assign them the task of being playoff committee
3. Use fake names for the possible teams but give real rankings and final records as well as appropriate stats
4. Have them choose a non-biased top 4
5. ?????????
6. Profit

I really do think Ohio State would win here due to 1 loss vs 2

Reminder that Penn State lost to 8-4 Pitt and got blown out by THIRTY NINE points by Michigan.

>Sup Forums suddenly loves pedophiles

wtf happened?

Maybe just leave the teams outside the top ten ranked lol

Bama 1
Clemson Tigers 2
Washington 3
Penn state 4
>Bama beats Penn state 28-17
>clemson beats Washington 38-41
>clemson takes the championship in a shocking upset after DeShawn achieves super saiyan qb status and the Wayne train loses its brakes.
Screenshot this fuckers

Actually head to head would help Penn State out tremendously

HUCK THE FUSKIES

We should just go back to the BCS metrics (computers + Harris + massey or whatever the fuck it used) and just do top 4 from there. Fuck this committee stuff.

>tfw all three losses by exactly 7 points

Why am I always destined to sadness? Wisconsin is the physical manifestation of "So close, yet so far".

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Penn State

If this isn't how it shakes out then the whole playoff system is a sham

Ohio State is objectively better than Pedo State.

>three rose bowl losses in a row
>two final four losses in a row

JUST

How many teams in the first two playoff years had a loss by over 5 touchdowns?

Clempson is literally guaranteed to lose in the first round no matter who they face lmao

>You now realize that literally 25% of the teams from all playoffs had absolutely no business whatsoever being there
Who will it be this year? Hmmmm

How many teams in the first two years of the playoff didn't win their conference?

this desu

The shear thought of pedo state making it into the playoffs is laughable.

>lost to Penn State
>didn't win their conference

Good one

conference isn't the be-all end-all.

OSU won 11 of their 12 games
PSU won 10 of their 12 games

Ultimately, in deciding who did better, the conference the opponents were in is arbitrary and not important. What matters for conference standings doesn't matter in determining who is actually better.

Michigan lost to Iowa. Penn State lost to Pitt. Same kind of result, so it should hurt each team similarly. One shouldn't be disregarded simply because it's nonconference. But that's what people seem to be doing. Penn State only won the division because Iowa is B1G and Pitt isn't. Same kind of on-the-field results, yet people are wanting to crown PSU as this clearly superior team.

Winning a conference /= being the best in the conference

>best WR corps in the nation
>Heisman candidate qb
Biggest question marks are turnovers, if we keep those limited then our offense is insanely high powered. Clemson is so inconsistent that it's hard to say though.

HAHA WOW real clever there, noticed you swapped the word "Penn State" with "Pedo State", golly gee, never heard that one before!! How mindbogglingly creative of you to conjure such a brilliant game changing insult. Gosh, I can't even begin to fathom the inner mechanisms of your mind. You are truly the Descartes of our time. Bow down before user; no one even comes close to matching his wit and intellect. All other beings are inferior to your almighty wisdom. I'm sure you fuck 10/10 bitches several times every day. I bet you wipe your ass with a sterling silver rod before shoving it up the vag of your supermodel gf. Yes sir, user here is just the perfect human being. The physical manifestation of all that is holy and righteous in this universe. All hail before our overlord, the immaculate anonymous poster on a Vietnamese comic forum *gets on knees and bows down*

(by the way.... that was SARCASM, you FUCK)

>not only being a bandwagon Clemson faggot, but also being retarded enough to think they can win the natty

ISHYGDDT

Is this a response to me?
What you said MAY be true, but it's not necessarily the general consensus
People are gonna want meaning in the head to head loss and conference championship

OFFICIAL MOST LIKELY TO GET BTFO IF THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS POWER RANKING

1) Penn State
2) Clemson
3) Oklahoma
4) Washington
5) Ohio State

9001) Alabama

there's a 0% chance that Oklahoma makes the playoffs

>bandwagon
A clemson degree and 6 immediate family members with undergrad and graduate degrees from here means I've been a fan from birth. Bowden bullshit years too.
We gave Bama a run for their money last year and we have as least as much talent. Not saying it's likely but it's possible.

Pick one of these three to win the heisman, /cfb/

A. Passing: 67.6% completions, 8.0 yards per attempt for 3626 yards, 34 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 153.4 rating
Rushing: 444 rushing yards for 4 TD

B. Passing: 57.6% completions, 8.9 yards per attempt for 3,390 yards, 30 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 153.3 rating
Rushing: 1,538 yards for 21 TD

C. Passing: 63.2% completions, 9.3 yards per attempt for 3,280 yards, 42 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 176.5 rating
Rushing: 66 yards for 4 TD

What is the breakup of where they come from? IMO it should be

A Soccer mom
Head of state of one African country
Dean of Department of Women's studies
MTG and DnD playing, Comic Con Weaboo (must wear Fedora to all meetings)
A Rabbi from New York
Chinese shoe factory worker
Member of a lost Amazonian tribe
Stefan Molyneux
Sheep Herder from Azerbaijan
SKT Faker
Miss America
German Refugee from Syria
Elon Musk

Who cares what masses of plebs with no critical thinking skills want? The committee should be better than that.

kek

Sup Forums should decide the playoff. Have the committee decide the top ten and then make a thread. First four responses woth dubs decides the playoff.

What percent was Wisconsin to win the game when they were up 28-7?? did anyone check??

B

Can't believe Wiscozzu let us down like that

Because the people in power want to stay in power

97%

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
fak Wisconsin shoulda won
They def woulda won the rose bowl :(

What conference does each QB play in? If it's not the SEC, it shouldn't count.

>oh those silly plebs don't know what's good for them
>I on the other hand am clearly enlightened and know that the committee should not heed the opinions of the proles in the slightest

It's okay senpai we'll go to the Cotton Bowl and btfo a G5 team.

>SEC Heisman QB candidate
>2% completion, 0.9 yards per attempt for 10 yards, 0 touchdowns, 1 interception
>1,000 rushing yards for 3 TDs

Suck
Every
Cock

A

I knew Penn State would come back in the second half to win it. That little stat about second half scoring is no joke.

>politicsposting
fuck off

For all those people saying PSU should not get in purely by W/L - thier OOC loss Pitt was going to be a W if not for a pick. Take away that pick and Penn State is 11-1 and only real loss is to UM, who is now totally irrelevant and out of the playoffs.

Then look at how the team has performed over the last few games.

OSU has struggled immensely and looked like shit at multiple points this season and to be honest there has yet to be a turning point where you can look at this team and say its Natty caliber.

Penn State has improved over 9 straight games and overcame injuries on both sides of the ball, beat teams that would later enter the top 25 and of course quality wins vs top 10. Everyone is squeezing on to the 39 point loss from September trying to get it to mean something in December after a 9 game winning streak and Conference Championship.

> thier OOC loss Pitt was going to be a W if not for a pick. Take away that pick and Penn State is 11-1.
okay but they aren't???????

A

Congrats to BenLV for winning the 4th Sup Forums College Pick'Em challenge.

One season ends, another one begins! Sup Forums Bowl Mania starts NOW! Join the official Sup Forums Group:

games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2016/en/group?groupID=121814
>pass: forfree

Why aren't these stats up to date?

I agree.

Feels goodman

copypasta? on MY Sup Forums?

>thier OOC loss Pitt was going to be a W if not for a pick.
same argument works against their so called win against ohio state.
>only real loss is to UM, who is now totally irrelevant and out of the playoffs.
got obliterated and they're so "irrelevant" they'll likely finish ahead of penn state in the final rankings.

Clemson is not guaranteed to do a god dang thing. They are so inconsistent this year that their quality any given week is completely unpredictable.

blame e!spn

why are there 80 generals

>Bandwagon

I was born and raised in Pickens County. My blood has run orange for generations.

I have had Clemson Tigers sheets and blankets in my bedroom since I was old enough to sleep on my own. Clemson is and has always been my team.

>Those Rushing Stats for B

I didn't know Cam Newton was playing college ball again.

But seriously, I pick A.

It was a busy day

There's another one floating around but some asshole made it like 200 posts early to waiting for the jannies to login

>UW is great again

CAN THE HUSKIES COVER THE SPREAD

>unranked conference champ again

Whoops.

Wow, that's great!

When do you start high school?

I'm a senior in college, you gaping asshole.

>I still sleep with cartoon characters on my sheets

Good luck getting laid.

>Pac-12 in
>B1G favoritism exposed

Feels good tho

Reminder that Penn State beat osu on the field.

They're not leaping Washington.

Doesn't fucking matter, PSU beat osu on the field man, they are the better team, no matter what these stupid ass osu fans want to say. osu should win the games that matter if they want to be in the playoff, not just thrown in there because of their name.

>Suddenly all this love for Penn State

Remember when they looked the other way on all that child rape?

>A large tiger paw sillhouette is a cartoon character

One day I hope you too can receive an education.

>They

That's why Sandusky is the only one with criminal charges, who didn't even work at PSU anymore when the charges were brought about. It's only because a) it was at PSU facilities and b) there was speculation between who knew or not. The head coach as well as the president and AD were replaced, they technically weren't breaking any NCAA rules, which is why sanctions were rightfully overturned.

>Pitt beat pedo state on the field. They are the better team no matter what these stupid ass psu fans want to say. psu should win games that matter if they want to be in the playoff

Have fun in the rose bowl with 2 loses.

Suppose Penn State gets in, then beats Alabama in the title game. This would make the final records as follows:

Alabama 14-1
Penn St 13-2
Clemson 12-2
Washington 12-2

Would Alabama still deserve to be voted #1 after this? They'd still have the best record.

>ironically shilling for pedo state
>muh technicalities
Sure thing senpai

>Checked email this morning
>See title subject
>Rose Bowl Packages on Sale Now Buckeye Fans

Welp

TFW Mark May's bracket is the ONLY one that makes sense

Who could argue with this bracket

Hint: NO ONE

I'm an LSU fan buddy, went there for 5 years, and yeah, if Pitt had a comparable record to penn state, I would say they should be in over penn state, but they don't. I guess my point is, win your conference championship, don't whine if you can't even make it there.

he is more butthurt about ohio state than most michigan fans lol

Good morning lads. Congrats to Penn State that QB looked elite last night WEW. Nevermind that who /orangeb/owl here?

Harbaugh out recruiting in Detroit he knows they're not going.

Michigan could go to the Roseb owl somehow also.

REMINDER: The 2016-2017 B1G is the best conference right now with 4 teams up for NY6 bids. Ohio State 11-1 Penn State 11-2 Wisconsin 10-3 and Michigan 10-2, and 10 out of 14 teams bowl eligible with over 6 wins. What other conferences can compete this year?
>Protip: None

Nobody cares about voting anymore

does saqon barkley leave for the draft this year?

He's a true sophomore so no. He's gonna make a Heisman run next year most likely

>tfw because of that early season loss that everyone said to ignore, and remember 2014??? Ohio Shit ain't getting in.
Enjoy being culturally enriched by harbaughlin fuckeyes. WE ARE

Nope, he rushes for 1600 yards, 25 td, and a heisman

Pitt is the 3rd best football team and the 4th best uni in PA.
Pitt is a mess!
Pitt is a waste!
Sad!!!

>Every Pitt game
>MUH CANCER CONNER

Literally 2 months ago Penn State fans were chanting to fire Franklin.
Now it's all
>muh franklin
>muh elite coach
>mfw

It would be cool if Michigan went to the Rose but they'll probably get the Orange which is fine to.
>inb4 Western and UofM play
>inb4 Western wins in a blow out
>inb4 fucking tOSU or Penn State beats Bama and wins the natty
>inb4 WMU gets an unclaimed Nattty because of it and they finally fix the playoffs next year.

The mcshitters gave up for the season

We're still here were just /orangeb/owl now, it was the LONGEST of longshots for us to make it so I assume they were just memeing.

You think temple will sneak in?

Sup ForumsORTSCENTER GOING LIVE IN ANN ARBOR IN 6 BINGS EXPECT CRYING NUMALES