Hey guys, I was wondering, im on here alot and I wanted to know if anyone else has ever worked at Dunkin Donuts...

Hey guys, I was wondering, im on here alot and I wanted to know if anyone else has ever worked at Dunkin Donuts? I am about to go to my third day of training and I was working for any tips or any good advice or experiences, anyway thanks!

Are you a pastry chef?

What are you in training for? Are they treating you nice?

You must answer the trips op.

Yeah boss worked there for a year and a half, giflfriend is a 3 year veteran. Place is hell on earth...can answer any questions user

I just got hired and I have already in 2 days: made iced coffees, hot coffees, sandwhiches, wraps etc, i have mopped , swept, and I have worked on the main cash register and I am already understanding the buttons. The manager below the owner is kindy cocky his name is Joe, he says things like " I hope you didnt see me put in those numbers those are manager numbers" and I always make a joke or just play along with him, the guy at the drive thru is really bitxhy and seems to not enjoy his work, I am training for full time work as of now I dont know which position, my question to you is what can I do to really own this place and thrive? to be honest I like the place and enjoy the people and the atmosphere. the only other employees i didnt name were some beautiful young girls and some young guys but that is the main jist. im 23 and I want to become a manager.

Not op but why did your girl stay so long?

but I figure i should also explain the other workers because i enjoy them a bit more; there is an older lady that taught me the sandwhich machine and everyone calls her "Ma" she showed me everything and is very nice, there is Danielle which is a young cute girl that immeaditely asked for my age so I think she likes me but I dont date people I work with; anyway and then there is Tori which is this 18 yr old girl and shes cute too, anyway I want to be like the older guy that watches over them and the store and owns his job; like an old ben kenobi of dunkin donuts

Her brother was the manager and she was in college so it made it really easy to have a flexible schedule while she was in school

So you wanna own the place and thrive, first off forget which of the girls are cute dating coworkers if offputting to folks that will move you up. Just become friends with them and date their friends instead.

Other than that whenever there an inspection always work overtime cleaning arbitrary shit, they notice that, but normal business hours and weeks doesn't really matter.

Finally do yourself a favor and take some classes to try to move up and out.

As long as you enjoy it and aspire to move into management, that's great. But don't limit yourself. You sound like a smart, capable, personable person. Which means you can do and learn just about anything. Youre young but the path you set yourself on now could stay with you for the rest of your life. Another words the decisions you make now has effects years down the road. So consider college or learning a trade. I recommend going to a good trade school.

Amen user. I worked for Dunks for a year and a half taco bell for 5 and I'm a fucking system security engineer now. Theres always better horizons user don't limit youself to being a coffee/donut peddler

I have an associates degree and i want to go back for a bachelors while i work here, i appreciate that and I hope to but right now I just want to hold this fort for awhile. thanks for the advice guys! do you guys have any fucked up stories or anything? also thanks for the confidence boost :)

Love to hear when people are successful after working their asses off and then move up into something better. Good to hear.

Glad to here you're planning on moving up, always aspire to more user. Fucked up stories from my fast food years yeah a bunch. I'll start with a non sexual on because...it's Sup Forums and thats un expected.

the KFC/Taco Bell I worked at had one of those 'special helper' programs were we'd work with retards. We had this one lady and her name was Dawn, her job was to mix the coleslaw. One day i watched her drool into a vat of it and I just was like....'Fuck it' and thats why I don't eat coleslaw anymore.

you at the new dunkin off of highway k?

spit in people's food

Thanks user it's been a very long road, Masters degree inbound in August. nice to be on a thread here with some positivity...been hanging around here since 2007-2008

does your dunkin have a baskin robins with it?

I hope not for his sake Baskins sucks

op abandoned thread.

my dunkin donuts doesnt have a baskin robbins or anything its just a single place in pennsylvania lol

nah i was just getting comfy is all lol im back, thats one fucked story bro lol idk how the people I worked with for 2 days let alone me could handle that lol i dont think retards should work fast food its supposed to be fast not slow

Yeah it was pretty shitty, but also that was at like year four and I had not fucks to give. I'll follow my most fucked up story with a runner up.

We once had a wedding party come through KFC/Tacobell as a gag reception with no announcement. me and another co worker put on the fry smock, boots, gloves and a motorcycle helmet pried a wasps nest from the dumpster and dropped it in the limo, zero fucks were given.

Dunkin was my first job, I got hired When I was 18. When I worked there my training was sitting in a room for 9 hours straight to watch a training video. I got bitched out by the same co-worker everyday. I fucked up all the orders and got yelled at constantly. Every time I had to make something my autism would kick into hyperdrive and I would make it wrong (forgot to put filters in the coffee machines a few times). The only cute girl who worked there thought i was a tard after like my second shift, but that's completely understandable. I quit after 2 months and got hired by a car dealer, where I now work. It is a much better job, I am met with no rage there when I don't understand something and I don't fuck stuff up. You'll probably do fine because yours sounds more welcoming and you don't sound autistic like me.

OP here, did they find out it was you guys?! lol xD

OP here, im sorry to hear that bro lol im glad your doing good now; i used to freak out like that when i worked at sunoco and i would forget to do things when i was closing

to this day we have no idea what happened after we dropped it in the limo. I like to think their real reception was cancelled though, because they came in 15 minutes before close and ordered the whole store.

It's also really east to get action...though if you're actually trying to move up it's probably not the best move, I literally have gotten blowies for giving coworkers rides homes before, to include from my girlfriend at the times friend, Yahhh buddy

wow they ordered everything in the last 15 mins? what a bunch of dicks lol im glad you got em xD lol and nice man! did they initiate it or did you? lol

Thanks , I'm really happy where I am now. Working at Dunkin was really not good for me I'm not good around people, but what I do now is great, I just organize cars in a big parking lot, photograph them and make sure there's nothing wrong. I guess there's a job for everybody.

liking the gear, good for flaying/chopping flesh ;)

lol I found that shit in the bacj of my friends trunk ... makes me wonder what that nigga does when hes chilling without me lol

OP is either a really really good troll or a literal retard

Keep the donut holes up

thank me later

what makes you say this?

They did. it was like one of those "Thank you" hand on lap sort of deals, it's the kind of thing you can't really run into in the corporate environment.

I have fucked two chicks in walk in coolers...like what is my life.

by "up" do you mean in stock? if so will do!

damn bro! lol thats fucking awesome lol what the fuck am I doin? lol

Yeah, generally they are the only places in fast food restaurants that don't have camera coverage, how man people can say the fucked a chick next to 25 lbs of raw chicken...this guy can.

Another tip, watch your cash drawers. To most employees fast food jobs are super replaceable and somtimes people will try to screw your drawer count for a quick buck. Happened to me and I refused to sign the write up saying I'd catch who it was, and staclked my drawer like a hawk then once I thought i knew who it was I left my phone recording and went outside and got film of the guy and he got fired, then was working at Wendys the next week.

"fucked a chick next to 25 lbs of raw chicken...this guy can." xD lmfao nice man ill keep that in mind, wow I will watch out for scumbags as well. did you ever exchange words with this person?

Later, like 3 years later when he was working a more professional gig. He actually apologized but said his family was going through a hard time. Seems kinda just like he was a dude in a shit situation, but still no one frames me for a crime.

i bet he just lied to you and wanted to get some percs or some other dirtbag drug lol thats funny though, what was his "more professional gig"?

He was a bank manager...which now that you mention it seems suspect as fuck.

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiishz lol thats funny man. I bet hes stealing from that bank with some crazy schme with his skills going all the way back to where he began.. framing you lol

Yeah actually now that I'm thinking about it, that wouldn't surprise me.

On a more fun not I used to do accents and impressions through the drive through late at night as well, got very popular with the 'fourth meal crowd'

lmfao thats cool did you ever get anyone that complained like a twat over it?

Is pic unrelated a set of antique Collins tools? If so, they would fetch a pretty penny to collectors. JS

those are; a rusty machete and hatchet with black tape around the bottoms lol its basically garbage and titnus in one

Naw, actually more often than not I got compliments/ tips for the fun. One guy even wore a darth vader voice changer through the drive through to respond to me it was clutch. Got bad when my buddy did a 'special ed' impression and the customer called him out and he literally had to pretend like he was a retard while I explained the fact he was with our 'special helper program' and they left a five dollar shame tip.

"five dollar shame tip" xD my fucking sides man you seem like you would be fun to work with man rofl the voice changer mustve been great lol thats funny I have that vader mask lol i collect star wars shit

Yeah man, I never tried to take it too serious because I always aspired to more, and I eventually worked up to it.

Also fucked my managers sister on my friends floor after that friends party, now we're like married and shit....fast food man lol.

Holy fuck.
You're an oldfag like me.
Yeah, I don't come here for positive shit and am happy when I find it, like age appropriate Steven Universe Rule 34 stuff.

dude what? lol your fucking with me now lol wtf man xD anyway nice bro enjoy your life and I wil be looking to move up or out dont worry but in the mean time il be keeping it real my nigga

Project Chanology vets unite user, actual oldfags get called newfags these days

YO IMMA BOUT TO WORK THERE TOO

Yeah literally man, you basically just caught my lifestory in a nutshell. I wish you the best of luck at your new gig, I get the sense you'll do fine. I'd say hit me up if you ever have questions...but thats not exactly how these type of interactions work.

yeah? I can fill you in on what I have experienced in the first 2 days lol but definitely read the thread these guys were filling me in lol well thank you dude, and wow lol what a ride that sotry was lmfao thanks again for the talk dude ill keep everything in mind for sure xD

No problem man, again best of luck. With that I'm off to bed. May the fast food gods smile on your new employment experience.

yeah bro 570 lol