Albums Normies got right

Albums Normies got right.

Didn't think i would like this one but its actually an amazing project

>doesn't produce let alone even fucking WRITE her own songs
>AOTY AOTY SO GUD YAAAS SLAY QUEEEN
soon she won't even fucking sing she'll just wiggle her ass in the music videos

t.neet

I'll never listen to a Beyonce or Solange album..
Literally albums made to bash men, by a both a feminist and a domestic man beater

>>doesn't produce let alone even fucking WRITE her own songs
>>AOTY AOTY SO GUD YAAAS SLAY QUEEEN
Do you consider any of the last 3 kanye albums or any Kendrick album to be good?

no

Didn't think i would like it but also can appreciate talent. Every track was part of a bigger story, great guests, and didn't let my autistic hatred of women get too worked up

See

>Every track was part of a bigger story

Its called a fucking concept album you pop moron

It actually really bothers me that Animal Collective got writing credit for lyrics that were INSPIRED, not even borrowed from them. This is not how copyright should work.

Lol thread for autism/racism levels low enough to allow for grudging appreciation of pop music pls

I don't care about who writes it, it's the subject matter and hypocrisy

look at the replies, not gonna throw concept album into the fucking mix. talking to children here

why does this board hate beyonce for the reasons that are relevant to some other artists who are beloved on here?

we really need to do something about the reddit problem

Normie Animal Collective. Got radio play

>I don't care about who writes it
You actually do.

oh who gives a shit you fucking sped. jay-z on some level probably deserved it. if the genders were reverse you'd be praising ol' nigger lips to this day.

Nope

Majority of the cases with them are samples though (less with Kanye, he's just a hack)

Beyonce has twenty writers for one song, with no credits for even herself. How can anyone listen her seriously and not just see an obvious product made to cater to people's tastes. Even worse are the political issues, which 1. due to her wealth she'll never face and 2. is only 'put on' to appeal to a group of people interested in said politics. I highly doubt she has even the slightest care for victims of police brutality, nor has a serious view on the subject, simply cashing in on a political sensation because it knows it will gain her more attention and higher praise for being 'conscious'

People like Beyonce (and that's a push itself. More like the people who 'push' Beyonce) are the worst Music has to offer.

>Opinion outside of Sup Forums circle jerk
>PLEBBIT IS LEAKING
DIdn't say thread about all the Sup Forumscore albums to calm autistic fits

>Opera singers didn't write opera?
>fucking shills, no talent hacks

see

Trigger warning

No I dont....
nothing in that post even hints at who writes it..are you fucking retard?

>with no credits for even herself
you should check next time before spreading lies

>Even worse are the political issues, which 1. due to her wealth she'll never face and 2. is only 'put on' to appeal to a group of people interested in said politics. I highly doubt she has even the slightest care for victims of police brutality, nor has a serious view on the subject, simply cashing in on a political sensation because it knows it will gain her more attention and higher praise for being 'conscious'
Why do you care if it's not even music? A d Lemonade a political album is a joke made by some autists like you who haven't even listen to things before forming opinions

don't even listen*

>makes album about le girl power™
>all the songs are written and produced by men
>makes shitty music
>the only reason people jerk off about her is because of her identity of le strong black woman™
>her music is mediocre at best to have such a strong cult of personality
>literally the musical equivalent for yuppies of saying "i cant be racist, i have a black friend"
>why the fuck this bitch keep trying to be down with hipsters, white men arent ever going to like this garbage no matter how much they bribe p4k to pretend like her music is good
>fan base is rich white liberals and fat black women
>even if you hate pop music rihanna seems like a more fun person to hang out with

>never listened to the album
>autism prevents appreciation of vocal talent
rihanna can sing alright but she is safe and hasn't made an album project, just generic hits

>>makes shitty music
simply not true

I don't remember this really gettingany play but if you say so

Kendrick writes his own lyrics though, and the musicians that have worked with him have said themselves that they wouldn't have been able to make that music if it weren't for Kendrick and his vision

My girls was released as a single and played on alternative stations. I had people who never heard shit from them try and "introduce me"

Jay Z just stop.

Yeah he definitely orchestrates the music, similar to Kanye or even David Bowie. Bowie didn't play every note but it was all curated by him around his vision. Beyonce has no vision, she is probably just told what to do.

lol beyshilling

whole album is about Hov cheating but alright

Pop music is disposable and based off of personality
well rihanna seems like a more fun person, sort of a mix of an overtly sexual black girl but also kind of quirky and funny.
And even though she is a pop star you can feel some sort of down to earth personality there.

Beyonce is pure manufactured corporate hogwash.
Also seems kind of dumb and lifeless

Lol She has writer and producer credits on all the songs.

Also first album by black female past few decades to get 5/5 stars in rolling stone

>change a few words
>OH MY GAW I TOTTTLY WROTE IT MYSELF

Look, people who post on mu and freebase Japanese post dreamfunk avante core metal arent going to fall for this garbage pop shit

and no one cares how much she bribed the music magazines to tell people she makes good music

sound like those middle aged women with 15 word drinks at starbucks. just cuz you shit out a bunch of hipster, meaningless genre words doesn't mean its good music. complexity doesn't mean shit over execution.

>execution

Yeah, and even by pop standards beyonce fucking sucks

Pitchfork normie hipster statement right there. You probably haven't even heard of this genre, its pretty underground

Extremely overrated and shilled to death. By any other standards, it is average. The only reason it's considered good is because people were surprised Beyonce could have an album with some variety and a theme. It's good compared to the rest of the top 40 but that's about it. 6/10.

I thought you only anally inserted viatnamese proto leftfield ambient art folktronic? what would you know about pop?

Movies are made with even more people, and they aren't criticized for being artistically inadequate. With modern pop projects, you have to see the main artist as the director, similar as you would to a movie.

Fucking real opinion right there. I agree, but i was surprised, expecting drunk in love bs but getting a 7/10 album in my judgement

I know its a disposable product, its not art, its entertainment, aimed at the stupidest people with the most cash to waste.
I know poptamism is just capitalism masked as social liberalism, promoted by yuppie journalists who despised the rock music made by lowerclass white men.
And as entertainment beyonce is a fucking snooze fest.

Like you want a real art pop album, pet sounds.
You want a top 40 pop album marketed as a deep pop album, that shitty album beyonce made. or that she hired other people to make for her

you would be saying the same thing about petsounds we had a basketweaving board to post in the 60's. not saying this album will have the same staying power or impact but the discussion is tainted by the fact that its pop, not 40+years later

To be honest, I don't care if she wrote any of it. But I agree, it was a pop album that was decent but not incredible. It was graded on a curve because Beyonce is a music industry darling. In a world of Meghan Trainor and other dogshit that the basic yaaas queen slay crowd thinks is good, it probably seemed like a masterpiece to them.

Agreed

Exactly this.
It's a solid, good pop album.

Not fucking amazing or incredible by *any* musical measure. And that's the worst part about, which makes us realists feel worse than good about the album.... the ridiculous auto-AOTY-because-OMG Greatest Woman of All Time No Matter What She Ever Does is infuriating :(

Absolutely graded on a curve, you're right

another true, wide field of view patrician. i can't remember the last time i even listened to a radio play, pop album. but ears don't lie and glad past few anons have been willing to objectively discuss instead of getting triggered.

>all these Beyonce shills

this board is truly lost

>unwilling to be challenged in music comfort zone give credit
whats the point of it all then. just as bad as people who only listen to radio and won't give anything sonically challenging or different a try. shills either way

haven't been on Sup Forums in about a year, this thread is shocking

>only one guy in the thread bitterly going all YAAAAS QUEEN SLAY

is Sup Forums getting better?

>Listening to Beyonce is 'challenging'

The fact ten year olds can enjoy Beyonce with ease really proves how 'difficult' and 'outside my comfort zone' Beyonce is. Also, you assume I think this with ALL pop music which is simply not true as there are some great pop artists, Beyonce simply being not one of them.

Go listen to some nursery rhymes if you want challenging music, I heard they're pretty avant-garde!

You have a point, but if you've been to college in recent years then you'd understand that *way* too many people *actually* do talk like that...

i said your comfort zone was challenged. not the album was challenging, except to maybe your fucking music ego. I liked classic rock as a kid, classical music, etc. your retarded point has no merit. your patrician status is a lie if you are unwilling to expand in whatever direction your ears take you, especially if its a place where you can't be a hipster pleb

literally just fuck back off to reddit

you faggots feel too comfortable here

truth. I don't hold those people in any music esteem. they are not even on the board. But if you are the hipster negative, then your taste is just as shit, where a band can't have merits worth discussing because becky has heard it

But movies typically only have one director and one or two writers or so. So it's a close-knit group with an artistic vision. Beyonce is the equivalent of having a boardroom's worth of people doing the writing and directing for a movie.

Shit post in other threads where your top 25 pre approved albums are endlessly discussed and can soothe your autistic fits. Trying to see some opinions of Sup Forumstants who can form opinions and discuss shit like big boys. if you are not pushing your music tastes then your a fucking poser

>artistic integrity > quality music
.. interesting

truth. how radio music is being manufactured and sold, which is why i was surprised to like this album, and why it took me months to even hear it. glad some glimmer of personality came through a fucking factory production of diminishing pop quality. similarly why i am surprised to see carly rae whatever thriving from her call me maybe days

Hopefully a bit. If a project/album has merits I feel like it should be discussable. Not a song but a whole album that is interesting. Where else am I gonna find a similar music group to discuss shit with

alright so what top40 artists are actually good?
my vote goes to Gaga

People here love Carly Rae Jepsen apparently. Though I'm still not convinced that that's not a meme and they're joking. Haven't listened to anything of hers besides Cal Me Maybe so who knows.

Well come on dude, you haven't listened to the album that so many love here!

There's pretty much no reason you'd *dis*like EMOTION if you like any decent female vaguely-80s-ish pop – IMO 1989 has bigger hooks, and ArtAngels is loads more creative, but EMOTION is an undeniably pleasant listen

>my autistic hatred of women
okay now one of you has admitted it, everyone else should too.

Definitely this, I wish I had given it a chance earlier

Lol. yeah see this is the thread i was hoping to see. some opinions i can trust before wasting my time on this shit. never have given lorde or carly rae a chance because its out of my radar and people who would recommend are normie plebs.

>Ever listening to the radio

back before streaming and car without cd/tape player. what a fucking tool i was

ill privately give it a try to hide my hipster shame

Is it her newest album?

Well, yes. She released 'EMOTION Side B' after, but, obviously, those are the B-Sides. IMO only 1or 2 are album-worthy.

Hear the Deluxe of the album, though. Gimme Love, Let's Get Lost, and the bonus tracks Black Heart & I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance are my favorites on the project

That album is literally Black Lives Matter: The Album. Fuck that shit

sure you are not thinking TPAB. lemonade was all about finding out spouse was cheating and trying to decide if forgiveness is possible. literally personal project. nice try though. she is black so point there