Why do you not believe in God when you have no evidence against him? Why do you take a man like Dawkins seriously...

Why do you not believe in God when you have no evidence against him? Why do you take a man like Dawkins seriously, but refuse the word of Christ? The God Delusion isn't even 50 years old, the one true Holy Bible is 2000 years old. Explain yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Then give me a solid evidence that isn't a fucking drawing

Why aren't you converting to atheism?
1.) Accept Jesus as God
2.) Accept he died at the cross
3.) No god

Scientists have already proven that God (or a 'God-like entity) exists or has existed.

A book someone wrote in the 21st century - a time of real development in science & progress, not to mention an increased understanding of the universe - is more credible than a book that was written 2000 years ago, when people thought lightning from the sky was alive.

Yeah, which could be a fucking force, like magnetitsm - makes any depiction of a living giant version of a human being horrifically inaccurate.
If humans weren't so self obsessed then maybe the idiotic wouldn't model 'God' after our own image; we've far too many imperfections.

how about I believe what ever i want and you mind your own business.

Why do you post this every fucking day? Grown ups should stop believing in fairy tales.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Id rather believe in science than men walking on water, talking snakes, and that gay people are actually demons

I am one with the force. The force is with me.

>Why do you not believe in X when you have no evidence against him? Why do you take a man like Y seriously, but refuse the word of Z? Book isn't even 50 years old, Tome is 2000 years old. Explain yourself.

Winners write history, which means old books about the truth are fiction. Just as the hobbit is, who knows will humanity in 2000 years believe in Gandalf the Grey, and his dwarfs.

+
Wine into water ?
Talking snakes ?
Heaven & Hell ?
Certain people are less, whilst forgiveniss is a good thing. ROFLMAO.

Get some realism in ur head, and stop being a brainwashed fucker.

Our world is fined tuned enough that if any dials that govern our world, if they were off set by a fraction of a decimal then we wouldn't have life at all.

If you have the faith to claim that this was all just an astronomical chance then you clearly require far more faith than the religious need.

Athiests are like vegans, can't help telling others that they're athiest and why it's so good to be an athiest. If it wasn't for religion we would have NO value or morals, so shut your pretentious richard dawkins fanboy ass up.

i'd fuck u anytime

Newage trolling is so boring and so obvious. Who makes these threads and gets something out of it?

What exactly is so perfect that if it was off it would change everything and end life? Life adapted to this planet the planet didn't adapt to us.

If the hills were smaller, if the water had more salt content in it, if the trees did not produce oxygen, so many dials fit for our own good, if they were not present like they aren't on countless other planets, perhaps all other planets, then we'd not exist. What is more likely, that all of these countless astronomical chances exist from sheer luck and random chaos, or that a creator put them in place for us.

If you choice is not the latter then it is you who has made a larger leap of faith than I have by introducing a prime mover.

You can't prove the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist so that means he must be real.

ITT: every logical fallacy imaginable.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

1.Because the god of the bible is a fucking idiot.
2.There's no evidence for its existance.
3.The bible contradicts itself constantly.
4. Nothing can exist with the powers of god. Ask a few philosophers
5.If satan is allowed to deceive us he could just as easily have written the Bible and said it's the truth.
6.I'm not as fucking gullible as you are.

>Why do you believe in God when you have no evidence supporting him? Why do you take a 2000 year book seriously,?

Proposition- anybody that is so concerned that other people dont believe what they believe is very insecure about their own beliefs.

Why are you insecure in your faith OP?

Why do some people need the place-holder of god as substitute for not knowing. It's music to a theists ears whenever somebody says "I don't know" -- what's wrong with just saying that you don't know. I can't prove the existence of god, but it's not my burden to bear. As soon as god makes himself apparent to mankind I'll believe in it. \_(ツ)_/¯

Why do you no believe in pastafarianism when there is no evidence against is?

Exactly cunt. Ex-fucking-zactly.

If god exists, why can I say things against god?

God has proven to be a selfish cunt- if you at all believe what the bible says- and I would not put it above him to kill all nonbelievers. Therefore, because I am not dead, god doesn't exist.

Logic cunt, do you have it?

well, I can say for certain that this was in fact a troll thread.

If God wanted me to believe in him, he shouldn't have put my g-spot in my butthole then tell me I'd go to hell if I get another guy to stimulate it.

>Why do you not believe in God when you have no evidence against him?
Because I have no evidence FOR him.
>Why do you take a man like Dawkins seriously, but refuse the word of Christ?
Dawkins is slightly less retard than Jesus cause Dawkins is a democrat while Jesus is a full commie.
>The God Delusion isn't even 50 years old, the one true Holy Bible is 2000 years old. Explain yourself.
Egyption gods are even older than that. Praise Kek.

I never understood this particular bait threads

Is it like a right of passage for new tags or something?

It wasn't even 3rd tier when it was new

Now it's like discount bin quality.

not having evidence against the argument and then assuming that the argument is automatically right because of it is actually a serious logical fallacy.

what do you expect God to be? A human?

Since we are made in his image, then yes

Because, name a few other things that are 2000 years old that are still relevant today.

We're past that bullshit.

from atoms to black holes were made in his image, why shouldn't he be the Universe itself?

True. If we aren't made in his image then the Bible is wrong. If the Bible is wrong then it is not the word of God.

thays not what the Bible says. That is you trying to think.

you can't prove a negative.

i was born with no belief in god.

you need to provide evidence he exists in order to change my mind, not the other way around.

Because there is no need for God. And his existence is just as theoretical as his non-existence. Therefore, if it is unnecessary AND contested, there is no need to include it in your model. Also, the Bible does not hold up to logical scrutiny, and the folkways it preaches often run counter to cultural norms that are objectively-proven to advance the human cause. So, for no other reason than it had no objective value, and it is counter-productive to the greater human cause. It's fine to follow the core tenets of Jesus' teaching, as I, even as an atheist, do, and is possible to enshrine without having to take a text as literal or to believe in any kind of deity or system of theistic dogma. Things like "treat others as you would yourself," and "turn the other cheek" by showing empathy, compassion, and forgiveness to those who seem even the most undeserving, are universally accepted as humanitarian goals that can positively impact our species and further propagate human endeavour.

No actually, we were not made in his image we are actually all just mirrors of his personality that bounce around in a solar system where the sun is his only eye because jesus betrayed him when he got back and showed him the cross on which he was crucified and it turns out that god is actually a vampire so he was burnt by it and lost an eye.

>because you have no evidence to the contrary, I am therefore right.

Yeah, I've got a 14 yo brother who still believes in gay marriage, can you believe it?

man-made religion is a profit organization, if animals can sense the world around them to prevent natural disasters, why shouldn't the capabilities of a human be able to unlock the construction of the universe?

You can prove a negative

You can't prove something that there is no evidence for.

Don't be lazy with your languauge

Sup Forums. For a philosophical debate where you don't know who your talking to. Amidst FB fap threads, and the Trap threads that started as a fucking troll. The Bible has over a dozen authors. Over a hundred blatant contradictions. Which one is God's word?

Of course the random change is more likely. Especially the way you explained. Infinite other planets with infinite possibilities. The chances of the conditions on earth being completely random then not only make sense, but are likely. The only reason you think it's so special is because of your own sentience.

there are a bunch of religions. who cares about what is true or not.

i got into a near death experience i saw a bunch of angels, scary stuff here

I do. I just don't believe in religion

Oh, so you agree with the concept of infinity then? Why is ok to accept there are infinite amounts of planets but not an infinite after life?

Again, you can claim that you find it more likely, but it does not change the leap of faith you have to make to concede that all of those dials are randomly set for our benefit and not just created by a prime mover.

In conclusion, you're far more faithful than I am.

Except by leaps and bounds science is advancing and proving more about space and our world every day.

It takes far less faith because it is temporary.

I mean, we're about to get our first look at a black hole. Something scientist had "faith" in at one time is about to be proven.

That's not the point, science is able to see the dials and look at their causality, but no scientific theory claims to know that these dials were not set by a prime mover.

The chance that we're here at all is incomprehensible, if you want to claim that this was by chance, it's a leap of faith is it not?

Why the language anomalies? Why authors that never communicated, wrote entirely contradictory statements about God's laws if God is really behind this book? You can see the change in writing style if you read the Bible. Stone your son to death in public if he goes against his father, so they do it for a few hundred years, then don't stone your son to death. That first few centuries were...a mistake(?!). That's one of many, many things, that the Bible caused people to do in Gods name. Incorrectly according to the New Testament. So who was correct? If the Bible's God is all knowing and omnipresent, why dozens of mistakes? Totally contradicting statements that lead to centuries of death, and violence? Whoops. I believe in God. Just not this corporation in Rome.

jesus was a fag and i dont like fags

Sure, but you said it was a larger leap than organized religion. Water to wine, resurrection, talking snakes, the world is what? A few thousand years old and people rode dinosaurs?

The idea that existence is a fluke is much less a leap of faith than some writings by people who hadn't even figured out the idea of germs yet.

Yeah, that means there is more "tale" to the Bible due to it's age. I trust a sorce 50 years old rather than 2000. Btw like how tf does any of that sound real? "This one dude--yeah that guy--he got pinned to a cross and died there for everyones sins. Then after that came back with magic powers. The Bible is just a loop of lies and pity for someone else.

To me Christians are equally as bad as Muslims. If the day comes that we leave this planet there will be no room for your kind on humanity's vessel

You weren't born with any beliefs. Other than the knowledge that you need to breathe, and need help to eat, crap, and move. Until you can do it for yourself. We don't have to, help you understand anything. Belief is secondary, to understanding. Or it's just stupidity.

>you can't disprove his existence so he must be real
>my mascot is better than your mascot
>god is a very old concept so he must be real

Because the Bible, screwed up the concept of God, for the entire human race. Thanks to the Bible, and Rome, we have sexual abuse, celibacy for no good reason. And an aids rate in Africa directly attached, to the Catholic Church not allowing birth control.

Retire thread, extremely stale bait. Op is a faggot,
Op is not original, Op is shitpost

Op is sage.

I am God and so are you.

The never ending shitpost thread