Why do rappers perform so shit live...

Why do rappers perform so shit live? they dont even rap their full song they just chime in occasionally to a backing track.
Any other performer in any other genre would be laughed off the face of the earth if they were that lazy, but in rap it gets a free pass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aobIboK_z34
youtube.com/watch?v=dtb-naV2bMg
youtu.be/cziv-WGRLcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this true? If it is that shits pathetic.

I know mang. Supposedly it's not about the music though but the theatrics.

It's still shit and makes me wish I could go to an actual funk show.

youtu.be/aobIboK_z34

because no one actually goes to a rap concert for the music, they go to take drugs and dance with sluts

I think it depends on who you go see. i saw Wu-Tang 20 years too late and it was like this, but then I later saw Run the Jewels and it was amazing. Sang every song to completion and had fantastic stage presence.

although pretty prevalent for rappers, their is a lot of great live rappers. Also even if the rapper isnt too great live you can still have a good time

And to get a nice picture for Instagram.

I've seen Tyler there Creator, Death Grips and Vince Staples and they were all pretty good live actually.

depends on who it is

kendrick played in front of a live band when i saw him. he threw in a few different verses in his songs as well as performed some of his songs over different instrumentals, it was nuts

because 'not giving a fuck' is a huge part of the culture
also, being laid back, chill, not taking things too serious, not putting in more energy than needed, are all big parts of the culture
so, this all lends itself to not singing every lyric, you know,just fuckin relax dude

you like having "fun" huh?

kendrick is an amazing performer. most of the artists i saw at rolling loud performed every word to every song. including chief keef. chief keef fucking killed it. seshollowaterboyz, joey badass had a live band, kendrick had a live band, travis scott came out on a giant fucking robotic bird and sang every word while jumping around on stage. asap rocky sang L $ D and it was incredible. idk what ur talking about dude. rap shows are amazing.

I'll second Death Grips. Saw em in like 2013 or whenever it would have been to have come out just before Government Plates. Just Ride with Andy (I think) manning a Macbook but Ride's vocal performance was great and he was straight up sweating buckets.

>Rappers are shit live

I think what you mean to say is that every genre, every type of music, has bad performers. Fuck -- The Cars gave us some great music and they're notorious for being trash live. Rob Zombie plays fucking disco music and he still relies 80% on a backing track. Meanwhile, in rap...

youtube.com/watch?v=dtb-naV2bMg

oh i forgot denzel curry. denzel curry was batshit insane.

that's fucking stupid

Death Grips was good. RTJ was great. I remember seeing DMX way back when - he spat with energy on every bar.

This guy is going to be huge soon.

His next project will be something special.

Only Hip-Hop artist i've seen is Danny Brown, and he was pretty damn good, everyone was having a good time.

On that note, has anyone been to a rock concert lately that can illicit the same response? Hip-hop gigs are near on the same level as Punk gigs at times (in terms of energy, rather than the energy) A lot of rock gigs just have no energy or excitement anymore. I went to see Animal Collective and they were pretty shit, but the biggest reason was the audience, just standing their own their phones, drinking their beers and talking (loudly) to their friends. Really, really dull.

indie is soft. (thats not bad, but it just is.)
imagine watching a fucking lo-fi soundcloud dj set or live set. it would still be softish. now if you were seeing someone who had a little edge to their music it co

t.oldmale

Because rapping perfectly while jumping around to create stage presence is really hard. The only genre where they can almost always get away with big stage presence and good vocals is probably punk and its ilk because they just shout.

I don't think anyone would like a rap performance where the rapper raps like on the record but he's just standing still.

Denzels hair is so dope

went to a talib kweli concert and someone in the crowd started fighting and he justs performing and had to tell them to stop fighting because he had gotten paid so he could leave if he wanted to
so the fighting stopped and then he proceeded to have this awkward thing where he was mid hook and he pointed the mic to the silence of the audience and he was practically begging people to come to some afterparty where they could pay extra to hang out with him and it was some sad shit

i sorta love seeing over-the-hill acts. i saw a drunk-as-fuck Dick Dale back in 2001, and he spent a bunch of time telling the crowd how it's worthwhile to buy scented candles and lotions because "chicks love that shit." he might have just stopped playing music entirely without his backing band steering him through the track list.

he was a living embodiment of DGAF.

>Kendrick is an amazing performer

False, saw him at a festival and it was one of the biggest disappointments of nearly every act I saw. Death Grips, ASAP Rocky, and Killer Mike especially were all way better shows.

Kendrick is probably the best Rap performer out there

youtu.be/cziv-WGRLcE

Because rappers aren't accomplished, talented vocalists or musicians. Sorry to break it to you.

lies and slander

>lil_wayne_playing_guitar.gif

Sorry man, but they're purely studio talent. Stringing together 50 small good takes per song isn't the same as performing live.

holy fuck that last verse

Because they are lazy niggers.

Chance was very good live, but it was years ago that I saw him. It was in a fuckin convention center for teen "raves" and other bs, so there wasnt even any alcohol, but the crowd was going so crazy the security had to make him take breaks between songs

Pusha T is pretty good live, as is Earl Sweatshirt.
Danny Brown kills it, and Run the Jewels is high energy the entire fucking set.

this in particular was amazing. But i've heard on tour regularly he's just average

LAZY NIGGERS

Duuuude I'm seeing him for my first time on the 26th