What the fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FY9v147BZuE
youtube.com/watch?v=wFceQWD6GMU
youtube.com/watch?v=3OYeXDryPCs
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/linkin-park/one-more-light/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No idea, especially considering live performances of these songs seem to have more of a rock backbone to them.

I haven't listened to them since a thousand suns came out. I listed to clips of this, massively confusing direction

I don;t understand old rock bands conforming to electronic music. It'd be different if they were good but so far they all suck.

>Pic very much related

their last album was their most rock-leaning by far and it was a huge failure on all levels. chester can't scream like he used to, they're old, rich and complacent so writing angry music like they used to would probably end up with an album even more uninspired than this

test

This was pretty good though. As always, LP's problem is corny lyrics. The production on this was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=FY9v147BZuE

I know this term gets thrown around a lot, but i think this album is the definition of "Selling out"

Such a shame, the White Album was great.

Not really. 5 bucks says they whiplash into a new genre with the next album.
The difference in sound between their last one and this one is drastic.

Why do you care if they go to the beach around sunset? You're not their mom or anything.

i'm not really sure. they've always been a radio band

ATS Wasn't very "radio".

it's a mix of more and relatively less accessible stuff
i remember that burning in the skies got a ton of airplay back then

big black dick

Last gasp desu

It's shit. Worst record of the year.

Feels Like Summer was infinitely better than anything on One More Light.

How did they think releaseing something like this would be acceptable, only their drones will eat this shit up.

One of those instances where the drones write things such as "at first I hated it but then after ten listens: *insert shitty chorus lyrics in all caps*". Which will convince some of the non-die-hards that the music is good if they just listen to it enough (see also the latest Fall Out Boy or the aforementioned Weezer single)

let's make some money

The subreddit for Linkin Park is ciclejerking around this album how wonderful it is, kek.

I have faith in the black album. I thought thank god for girls and do you wanna bet high were SHIT when they released them individually but then white album ended up being one of my favorites from 2016

Waiting for the end was played on pop hits radio where I live

It's a shame because Mike seems like such a nice guy in real life and seems really passionate about this new direction. It's like nobody had the heart to tell him it's SHIT

>make a great, forward thinking electronic pop album like living things
>5 years later make a completely shit, derivative electronic pop album like one more light

literally how

Chester on the other hand is an absolute cock and gives a bad name, I can imagine Mike screaming inside of his head whenever Chester starts his retarded ramblings.

it's not that bad but it's in no way good

5.5/10 at best

>Living Things
>great
their second-worst. Even fucking Meteora is better.

what an inflammatory statement

not many bands can create soundscapes like that

why does this sound like The Chainsmokers feat. Chester Bennington & Mike Shinoda?

what do the drummer/guitarist/bassist in the band actually do?

the drums and guitar are actually kinda decent on this album, they're just buried

*blocks your path*

lol, what a tremendous faggot.

Let Chester, the sell out come at me.

Chester is mad for exact two reasons: 1. he's a sell-out, 2. he got caught on his shit.

dis nigga

>You can fucking meet me outside and I will punch you in your fucking mouth because that is the wrong fucking answer.

>Because guess what, calling us a sell out for that purpose is… selling out on your fucking excuse as to why you don’t like it. You’re a fucking pussy.

>When you make it personal, like a personal attack against who we are as people, like dude shut up. That means that I can actually have feelings about it and most of the time my feelings are I want to kill you.

I wonder if this cunt actually ever got into a fist fight, he is the most white-boy ever.

lol what a fag

>ITT: "Artists" you could beat up in a fight

Feels Like Summer was really good.

their drones hate it though. lorde/lana/adele/chainsmokers fans who didn't grow up with their classic hits will probably get into it the most

I am pretty sure that most of the subreddits about a band or a musician circlejerks about them. Probaply not always, i dont usually go to Reddit.

Look at the YouTube comments; they fucking love this shit.

It's more like
>Make a pretty good industrial electronic rock album with a great concept and your best preformances yet
>Follow it up with a decent electro pop album that mixed your early song structures with something new
>Follow that up with a forced mediocre "back to your roots" album that was just released so the nostalgia fags shut up
>Somehow you completely forgot how your 4th and 5th albums proved you can make more than teen angsty music but you release a shitty indie pop album claiming you're experimenting

Did he really say that? He has a mentality of a 14 year old.

They've sold out when they made the first LP.

Has Anthony of P4k weighed in on this yet? I'm holding thumbs that I can keep listening to it cause its pretty sick.

What was the question?

I thought it was a completely decent album in general and a good album for what it is. That Battle Armor song or whatever was a highlight along with Heavy

Jesus christ they literally sound like a bastardized abomination of Fallout Boy, Westlife, Nickleback mixed and produced by Deadmau5.

I didn't think they could drop this far.

This is LP before they sold out youtube.com/watch?v=wFceQWD6GMU

Shit I guess I better get on this and beat him to the punch. I think it could definitely get a 3/5 from me which is very good.

Anthony will give it a NOT GOOD at best, pitchfork won't review it at all.

Dammit if neither Anthony nor P4k approve then an album just dies for me. I hate being a slave to professional criticism but that's what I am.

I see nothing new in their working method,

2000:
>Hey, let's rip off Limp Bizkit and U2!

2017:
>Hey, let's rip off Chainsmokers and U2!

Ew. I bet you're like 15 or 16 years old. Ew.

if by "rip off Limp Bizkit" you mean "do Limp Bizkit better than Limp Bizkit" then sure

This is also LP before they became big.

youtube.com/watch?v=3OYeXDryPCs

I think its a completely decent album in general and a good album for what it is. Battle Symphony and Heavy are highlights for me.

question is - is the new LP better than chainsmokers?

Are they gonna team up with Corey Feldman now?

I haven't listened to anything by the Chainsmokers so I couldn't tell you.

OML is fucking garbage though

gotta sell that benz

The RYM page for this album is GOAT.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/linkin-park/one-more-light/

>One More Light : Breaking the Shackles, infuriating the genre-ists and trolls, pleasing the music lovers
jesus fuck

All that money, and this is the fucking way you present yourself? Shameful.

guess at some point you get past the need to care