Hey, Anonymous! welcome to the After-Hours Bar. Grab a stool and take your coat off, won’t you...

hey, Anonymous! welcome to the After-Hours Bar. Grab a stool and take your coat off, won’t you? Let’s see what we’ve got on tap tonight:

>Advice
>Conversation
>Happy Thoughts
>TONIGHT’S SPECIAL: GOOD VIBES

ah… that’s a weird special, isn’t it? here’s the plan! our good friend Alice is out of town due to some unforeseen circumstances, and I thought we could all make her a card! feel free to write something here, or in Paint or Photoshop, or write it down physically and take a picture! you can either post it here or send it to me at [email protected], and I’ll compile it all into a “well wishes” card for her!

thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful night, and please remember that you are loved.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube-mp3.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

and now I'm here too! Only have about 30mins before work though

~Sky

not loved but ty for cheering me up you will be getting my mail, soon

Lending my support to my dear sister.

Hi Alice

Big sis ignored me last thread.
What's the point of living life anymore.
;w;

Nep are you still around?

If you happened to GET in my last thread, feel free to hit me up here and I'll give you a tarot reading!

No screencaps required, but remember... the great dragon god of Gensokyo sees you when you lie, and lying to a pure hearted shrine maiden like me will surely spell your demise!

Here's something for the card:
Best wishes to you Alice, hope you can get back soon!
~random user without an avatarfag unfortunately

I did reply to your post last thread and got ignored. Why?

Eventually we will have to part ways. Take care not to rely on me too heavily, little one.

VA11 HALL A

I had to take care of something minor and ended up losing track of time.

Do you want me to add you on steam or something?

What the heck happened to Alice2?

have a good shift

She is currently away

Something important, I think

-Sweet Roll

HA! I have an answer for that! Not here though...
Only if you want to as well.

I'll make more. i've been meaning to do something with bounderies, or being assertive... Here this is for the card. I just cooked this up in memo...

Nep! you totally should join the cute thread discord

You flatter me user, you can ask if they want me in, but I wouldn't be able to give you an answer as for how long I would stay.
Not saying no though.

I don't use it every day or anything but I wouldn't mind talking to you a little more frequently.

I assume you're part of the group, what's your username?

All right, I get that. don't get too lonely though :(

I think she will bud, It's the weekend so things are bound to be a bit slow

That's not me but if i did miss you, I'm truly sorry.

thanks love

I love you Aneki. Here's hoping everything went okay for you... I know it doesn't mean that much but I'm rooting for you! If only I were able to be waiting at home by the door to greet you...!

Please i really really want you in

I am here still.

She works weekends (And it on call most other days as an EMT. So...)

I hope your right

As a matter of fact I got kicked out of it :P
No worries, Rock.
Is that so? Well, I guess you can ask if they want me in, and then post the invite, no?

Is there a deadline for this card? Also, I only emailed the address that the Steam is associated with (it was next to the signature in your message). I'll use the email you provided henceforth.

In private, then.

Never,

EMT, I think you're better off receiving the Discord link privately. Ask my sister Jill if you have her on Steam.

nice get, cutie

Pff. Well so much for making it easy to find you. Mind posting your id/ then?

>If only I were able to be waiting at home by the door to greet you...!
That's my line!

Don't have her. Hmmm.

I guess I can add jill real quick.

Can you send me the discord if I add you on steam? (I'll be killjoy27)

You and me both

Mantis

I'll be working on the card tonight and tomorrow! I do have some normie holiday plans, but I'll take some time to edit while I'm out of town, if needed.
don't worry about it hon

Any advice on controlling my high anxiety?

Chew gum!
Hold on a bit.

Danke

-EMT

Just try and relax a bit, no use stressin over it now. It'll just make you feel worse.

Alrighty, good to hear from you again. I get a bit shy sometimes.

Good to hear :)

one of the things I've done is worked on active breathing in stressful situations. deep breath in for 4 seconds, hold for 4, release for 4. repeat.
I also burn a shitload of incense, and meditate when I remember to!
the one I was taught though, is HALT. when you're anxious, ask yourself, are you hungry? angry? lonely? tired? taking care of those four things will remove any passive anxiety and help you get to the root of the problem.

Hi Jill!
Sending Good Vibes to Alice.

Mantis

Deep, squared breathing. Example: 3 seconds in, 3 seconds hold, 3 seconds out, 3 seconds hold. Start at a normalish pace, get slower and slower... you should calm down as you do.

Next, there's a trick for lowering your anxiety about a future event. Like say, calling to make an appointment. Your mind has crafted a worst case scenario for what might happen, so you're dreading it. Imagine the worst case scenario over and over in your head. You might get increased anxiety at first, but do it in combination with squared breathing. You'll start to realize how silly and unlikely your worst case scenario sounds, and your anxiety in relation to it will be diminished.

Above all, I highly recommend seeing a therapist. That's where I learned those tricks, after all, and they are more qualified than me to show you more.

You're very welcome! Is there anyway we can see the card when it's done?

I'm sure we'll both make it through tonight. Lets keep our heads up for a good night!

Yes try the breathing, and make sure what you are worrying about is something you have any degree of control over.... if it's not, don't let the smaller problems you do have control over pass under the radar... any progress towards solving even small problems will help alleviate it a bit!

~Sky

I'll try. Probably gonna head to sleep soon anyway. Should get my mind off her for now. (Not yet though)

'Kay.

Aye, Sky!

Mantis

I'll find a place to post it! I may need to upload it somewhere, if it turns out to be a big file.

It wasn't last thread but it was like a week ago, does it still count?

also getting the best get better card ever rn you just wait for it

Try :) I get that it's hard, I so the same thing too.

here it is get out of the way, put on some shades or the brilliance may burn your eyes

You betcha! Especially because you're the only one who asked so far.

I'll give you a choice. Fairies, Dragons, or the spirits of King Arthur's Court? Who shall we ask, and what?

Very good! Bye everyone. Have a wonderful rest of your night.

~sky

it's beautiful, hon

It's beautiful!

http ://steamcommunity .com /profiles/76561198067377280

There!

I love it.

Mantis

Thanks! Dragons because they dope af and I'd like to know about my love life in the future.
they should just hire me to paint the murals of the Vatican, I'm like a modern picasso but better

i want to add you but i know you hate me

>4 of Pentacles
It seems that your finances and your love life are heavily intertwined in the near future. Improving in one will improve the other.

>Temperance
Self-control and inner guidance will get you through difficulties. A trip gives you a new perspective on an old issue.

>4 of Wands
Happiness and peace are now within your grasp. Your past endeavors bring a well-earned rest from the cares. A new love is now possible.

Who is it? If it is you Aster, I don't really hate you anymore, I don't really care much about it nowadays.

Not Aster

Thanks! Could I get some clarification of what does

>A trip gives you a new perspective on an old issue.

mean? A trip in what sense?

Then go ahead and add me, I didn't really held a grudge against anyone besides him.

*giggle*
There are a couple of ways you could take that, huh? I thought of it like an actual trip... maybe you should try going somewhere new, even if it's just like a nature hike in a park you've never been to. Wherever you go, your thoughts and interactions on the trip will lead you to a new perspective.

You can take it the other way if you want though! Not that I'd officially recommend that or anything.

I see...

On a completely different topic, I was wondering if I should try to draw something again or just keep downloading the like 150 albums I want to acquire through alternative methods.

>You can draw while you download the albums!

Downloading them isn't the problem, it's just that finding a link that isn't 128kbps recorded from the guy's nokia at an outdoor party from some faulty speaker that was playing the live version recorded from a nokia while the guy was screaming at the concert from the very back of the venue that takes time, so I can't realistically draw while looking for them because I'll end not finding anything or not drawing anything.

ah... we seem to be winding down pretty quickly tonight, it seems.
thank you all for stopping by

>double jinxing it

what the hell are you doing? it's going to blow!

Draw something for me!

not that I know anything about downloading albums, but rutracker.
I'm a monster, I know.

Is she ok?
What happened?

nothing to worry about

Alice herself is fine, but someone was in need and she had to handle it directly. There's a chance it could end grimly... not for Alice, but for the people she's trying to help. But that would still take a toll on anyone. So we're sending her strength to deal with it and hoping she's able to make a difference!

I can only draw meh stuff and I haven't actually made any actual original designs, but it is relaxing to do so. I was drawing a Reimu kitty hugging a yin-yang ball but I stopped after doing the pen linework, plus an accident happened to it that can be fixed but I could finish it in maybe an hour or two. I'm a slow drawer.

Actually, I just remembered this thing that is actually my own creation, straight from the domepiece, albeit slightly inspired by a fuckup while trying to draw Mega Beedrill. It's very undetailed though, it took me like 15 minutes while I was testing a marker

Not sure what that is, but I'll check it out in a while.

>not that I know anything about downloading albums

Protip: If you can afford it, just buy the damn thing. I feel like cyber Indiana Jones hunting the holy grail among dead links on brazillian pages.

again, not that I know anything at all.
but rutracker's in russian, that's the only issue. otherwise it's a goldmine.

>in russian

I know nothing about russian, only that "eto mama" with the correct cyrilic means "It's mom" and that het is nyet which is no. So I guess I'll just hunt down links somewhere else. Thanks, though.

Just search for the song on youtube and use this page youtube-mp3.org

Aha.. you sound a lot like me before I took classes and got a little further along. It's not a bad design! You should trace it, this time in pencil, then go over it with markers again and try to make cleaner lines.

That is, if you wanna do anything with it. Just an idea!

I was going to do that, but after calculating an average of 12 songs per album, that comes down to about 1800 songs i have to find. I'll use it for some singles that aren't in albums and one-hit-wonders, though. Or I could find the entire album on yt, download it and chop it up in parts but I know jack about how to do that.

I'll try that! The lines are ugly as hell, but that's because the whiteboard was awful and erasing stuff on it made black marks, like ink running off in paper. You can kinda see it next to the wing and on the bottom.

A friend has been telling me to join him in this drawing club they have so I can learn some more techniques, and I wouldn't mind, but it's on saturday mornings, and Saturday mornings is my "stay asleep until there is no morning" time.

Here's my bestish thing. I'm actually pretty proud of this one, took me like 3 hours on a bed erasing lines and redoing them.

Why not playing a playlist of an album? Wouldn't the songs be all there?

Nice! I like it! Is that an existing thing or did you make it up yourself?

Breath and reassure that yourself that you have control. Remember, panicking never helps

Spotify Premium costs money. It's not much money, and I'd actually pay for it because besides having music it's a damn good UI, but I kinda want to have my music downloaded in case it ever goes down or something. Also because I'm cheap.

It's a Shedinja, from Pokémon. Useless little trash, but I like the lil' guy. The other two drawings I have are also not original designs. I've tried to do some but they all end up looking like something straight from a monkey with a pen blindfolded on a room covered in paper. I don't know how actual artists do it, it just seems insane to me, to picture something in your head and bring it to paper.

>mfw listening to Franz Ferdinand to see if I like it
>they have two songs that are essentially the same but with a little spin on each and one is upbeat and the other is slow

it's really nice to hear them back to back.

Last bump!

A youtube playlist...

Ohh I see. It's been a long time since I played Pokemon so I'm not really familiar with most of them anymore.

Still, though! All it takes is lots of practice, and lots of sketching out rough ideas... throwing away what doesn't work, tracing what does and altering it to be even better... I find it a lot easier to do digital art directly, but there's definitely something to be said for physical drawing in terms of learning potential.

hey now! Shedinja was dope for like... a week, until people learned the meta.

my god that's genius

why didn't think of it earlier

probably because youtube playlists are useless otherwise
I dunno, I just don't think I have that spark for arts. I tried music, and I love to listen to it but couldn't play guitar for shit(I blame this mildly on not getting actual classes on it and trying to wing it on youtube so i'll try again sometime), I wrote on an RP for a while but couldn't keep on it due to time constraints + I wasn't that good of a writer and visual arts just seem distant to me. Like, that picture you posted. Someone said "I wanna draw two anime waifus on a lake", imagined it, made the linework, colored it, tweaked it etc. and I just can't see myself being able to do that. Maybe it's just the attitude though.

Ran it for a while for shits and giggles. Stalling people out of moves while sitting with a shedinja as my last mon because they don't have a SE move on them is glorious.

Still have to finish Moon, though. FFs I pirated before it came out and I still am at about half because of Destiny.

It is the attitude! Anyone can do it, and inspiration for things to draw can be found all around you every day, you just have to look for it and take notes.

Art can be for anyone. Music can be for anyone. It applies to anything you might do creatively. You can do it, it's just a question of what you want to do and how much.

This thread looks familiar.
Am I late though?

CHARGE TO 290

CLEAR!

there's no such thing as late, hon. we're open as long as people need us

Yes, very late sadly.

>bump thread
>update twice before doing it
>there were already replies

Sup Forums you fucking liar
I'll give it a lil bit more effort next time, just for you. Also I really want to play guitar but the guitar classes near me charge me an arm and both legs.
We're open 24/7 except when we're closed.

Eeeeh...
What did I miss?

A whole day of anime, and some nice threads~

mostly just other people. how are you though, friendo?

dunno just got here, I always miss the main threads for some reason.

Also the girl I like that I asked the other week about starts converstation a lot of the time now, that makes me happy and hopeful. She usually does it by sending me songs to listen to because we both like music. We like different music though, but I like all kinds of music save for some so it's OK. She likes slow songs and I like fast rock songs and such.
Everytime I see your pics I remind myself to go play Touhou again but then I end up playing as Marissa or whoever the witch is because I like her playstyle better.

i drank 2 shots of absenthe and smoked a ton of weed!!!
what do

I draw lots of people in, but they always end up pairing up with someone else. Sounds about right!

And practically everything since how many months ago.
I feel kind of out of the loop now.

Today I woke up and turned over in bed towards my laptop and am now here.
The few past days I can't remember.
I don't think I have any reason to feel any worse, so suppose I'm just fine.

You?

That sounds nice.
Marisa B is default if the game doesn't have any more interesting characters.

18 year old Canada boy about to run away from friends & family for a month to backpack Europe.

Advice?