A guy I know is addicted to codeine, he hurt his knee about a decade ago and has been taking codeine pills ever since...

A guy I know is addicted to codeine, he hurt his knee about a decade ago and has been taking codeine pills ever since, his doctor is a clown, he regularly tells his doctor he lost his tablets or he accidentally took too many and needs more for the rest of the month, and the doctor obliges.

But anyway, he says he the codeine doesn't make him feel high, he has to take them just to feel normal

Is that possible? if you took enough codeine for a long enough time would you eventually feel no high?

he is suffering from addiction to drugs

woah... hold on... how can your eyes be real if the mirror is not real...? think about ... it... are... you... twelve...?

>he is suffering from addiction to drugs

I'm not a licensed practitioner but I do play one on Sup Forums.

Yes this is addiction.

He developed a tolerance long ago, then selfbumped his dose to keep getting high and now his tolerances have tolerances and the only thing for it now is either keep taking it forever (his poor liver/brain) or admit he fucked up and go through withdrawl.

Yes, this happens with every opiate if you abuse them long enough. You get no high anymore, you just take them not to get dopesick.

I'm a oxycodone user for many years. Usually it's the same with opioïdes. Tolerance comes really soon in your habits

I sometimes take pills and then I find it hard to kick them. Nothing about it is normal. Guys doc needs to be reported if he's created an addict.

Yes this is opiate addiction, he can't feel high anymore, in fact, his body now need codeine, without it, he would suffer a lot :/
He need help and medical care for deal with it, its not psychological

Buncha queers in this thread. you can do drugs and not get that fucking addicted as long as you arent retarded trying to get nodded out every single time. Don't eat 6 percocet to feel good. Cruch one up and snort it before you go somewhere. in a couple hours, do it again.
you don't have to be fucking wrecked every single time. and opiates arent a good drug to do that with.

It's as much physical as psychological trust me.

He needs to gradually decrease his daily dose.
Like minus 5mg each weeks.

Physical crave is about 21 days. Psycological one is several month (maybe years). It depends when did he started

yep. straight up opiate addiction. sucks for him.

>blah blah blah I can use drugs, only faggots get addicted, blah blah blah

>hurt his knee about a decade ago

his life is gonna suck.

don't be mad at me for pacing my drug use. Grow up and find other interests before you sit down in front of a computer with a script

Codeine is a week ass opiate. I used to shoot smack for over two years and then just decided to quit. Didn't feel well for a week or so, smoked weed to smooth things over and I've been clean ever since. Except that I still smoke the herb and love taking benzos as often as I can. That guy you know is a weak willed faggot.

Everyone talking about addiction and tolerance is mostly right, however there's something unique about codeine.
Codeine is the only opiate (it's one of the three analgesic alkaloids found in opium latex) that has a ceiling effect.
Essentially if you get a tolerance to morphine (one of the other three analgesic alkaloids in opium latex), you just keep upping your dose. You'll still get effects, you can just keep taking more. Codeine maxes out. Theres a point where doubling your dose provides no greater effect. So if you're incredibly tolerant to codeine, you'll be physically dependent, but get literally no effects from it whatsoever. Codeine is weak compared to morphine though. Realistically he should just switch to a different opiate/opioid.

This. Tell him to hit the needle and stop being an edgy pill rookie.

Codeine is addictive and your friend is a faggot.

Ps post more of that chicks snatch id love to have at it.

Dafuq? Why do white girls feel it's ok to sit in a fucking restaurant without shoes on?

She's annoying Aussie trash drunk in Macdonalds. I'm surprised her box doesn't come out in that vid

1. That's how addiction works dum dum
2. What a waste, 10 years worth of codeine... nig could hook a famalam up.

Why does it look like she has a kitten in her undies?

Your ignorance astounds me

Tolerance is a thing