Is there a chart like this but with progressive rock?

is there a chart like this but with progressive rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/komara/komara/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't listen to progressive rock.

No
Start with early genesis

In order to turn them off of the genre, right?

Early Genesis is literally the pinnacle of prog rock

Oh

Hi Peter Gabriel.

Can u tell me...

That chart is fucking terrible

Start with 70's Pink Floyd and proceed to King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King.

Genre flowcharts are kind of retarded

Just use pic related but pretend WYWH is there instead of Ummagumma

As a nu male. I disagree with this.

Hi grandpa fripp!

>no Jethro Tull
Opinion discarded.

>Jethro Tull
Fucking sucks, folk instruments sound horrible.

Ian Anderson could jam a full flute down your urethra

ITCOTCK is probably one of the worst KC albums... 21st century schizoid man is salvageable, but the rest...

I don't understand why it keeps getting 'memed', when other works like Red, THRAK or The Power to Believe are superior in every sense.

ITTTW > 21CSM
It's definitely not the best KC album but it's obviously the most essential

yeah, already heard In the Court of the Crimson King, now I'm listening to Pink Floyd - TDSOTM, and jesus, my father showed it to me when i was kid, he died when I was 8 and didn't really leave much, and that album brings me nostalgia and depression, even though i didn't understand the lyrics back then

>finally listening to all the music your dad loves after they've passed away
fuck I know this feel

I dont understand why people shit on ITCOTCK so much on here
its like once theyve listened to only one other KC album ITCOTCK turns to shit or sth
its fuckin great, as the rest of their discography

Roundabout, Meddle and Wish You were Here, Octopus by Gentle Giant, and 666 by Aphrodite's Child are entry level and easy listening. All of them are good.

>love it all, now hit me with the weirdest shit out there
>Spiderland

>666 by Aphrodite's Child
>good
dude...

really good chart except the pink floyd rec
no its not lol
the entire album flows perfectly, great playing, innovative song structure - perfect title track e.t.c
red is better but its without a doubt top 4 KC albums
if u liked dark side then listen to wish you were here - i'd say its better
king crimson are a harder band to get into - it's much more "progressive rock" than pink floyd ever was - but keep listening to them

the arrow is facing the other way

F#A#>Sigur Ros>Silver Mt. Zion>SFTB>Spiderland

You were saying?

zoom into the image lol
soundtracks is in the corner and its the last one on the flowchart.
it doesnt loop back round
the flow ends at soundtracks , it doesnt then connect to spiderland
the arrows just have small heads

Discipline > Larks' Tongues > Islands > Red > SaBB > ITCOTCK

wot

A quick recommendation for Faust - listen to their debut album just to hear to what lenghts they would go to achieve what they wanted to. If you want to not get dissapointed like I did, listen to 71 minutes of Faust. It's arguably their best album and it's a compilation for crying out loud. Every song flows pefectly into the other and this is the material they never meant to release.

It's great, not just good? Hopefully that's what you meant.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/komara/komara/
Not exactly prog and not exactly a known genre, but definitely worth listening to for any fans of King Crimson. I would argue that they created a new subgenre of music with this album. Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson is also in the band.

No Camel? Mirage features one of the greatest prog rock epics - Lady Fantasy and the extremely underrated Andrew Latimer.

You shut your faggot mouth, faggot.

Another fantastic symphonic prog album and again an extremely underrated Andrew Latimer. If you like Steve Hackett, you will like him too.

nice chart

>ummagumma
>prog

Hmmm

>no Marillion

>who opened for Rush, also not mentioned anywhere in this thread.

it is

1) The spelling is actually "progressivo"
2) YS isn't that beautiful, and nobody likes it in Italy. You could try "Darwin!" by Banco del Mutuo Soccorso or anything by PFM instead. Or, even better, check out Area, very mediterranean-jazzy

this