Anco concerts

Has anyone been to any their recent shows? How's the energy of the crowd usually? I'm going to a show soon and thinking of rolling, feel free to share drug related anco experiences

saw them live towards the beginning of the painting with tour. Painting With is my least favorite animal collective record, and it's no surprise that I didn't really find much of the material compelling in a live setting. FloriDaDa, Bagels and Burglars were good, but I just couldn't help but feel disappointed during the rest. Panda Bear didn't open his eyes once during the entire show and their stage setup was impressive but not terribly fun.

however, they reached into the back catalogue twice. once to play Kids On Holiday (which got me foaming at the mouth) and a second time to play Daily Routine which had me weeping like an idiot.

crowd energy was decent! I probably would have had a much better experience had I been stoned, so I'd definitely recommend that

ya im kinda on the same boat with the painting with material but the setlist of the recent shows looks pretty great so far. They've only been playing a few PW songs and the rest is MPP songs, a rework of bees and sweet road, and water curses which im most hyped about cause its my favorite of theirs

which show? i'll be at brooklyn steel on tues

one time i went to an AnCo show and somebody was passing around what I thought was a joint
woke up a week later when a chinese fishing boat crew was cutting open the stomache of a shark and i fell onto the deck

also, which show are you going to? the one in toronto?

Crowd was more pleb than I'd've hoped, at one point I literally saw a nerdy looking fuck showing anime pictures from Sup Forums on his phone to his girlfriend. The show was great though, and the crowd was all very into it.

seconding, there were two dweebs at my show chatting loudly about death grips memes. but I also got a big drunken bear hug from a dude who told me he loved me, so that was cool

montreal show on saturday night

Saw them in Nashville last April and fainted from dehydration losing our spot at the front of the stage and then forced to look behind speaker to see the band. Crowd was a bunch of normie looking mofo's but the show itself was nice. Dronier longer versions of Painting With material that I personally prefer over the album versions and a really cool version of Bees is what I remember best from the show. Also I swear Noah did not open his eyes the entire set.

saw them w ratking and Ratking blew them tf away, that band is seriously incredible live especially compared to nu AnCo

crowd barely moved and half the people who were moving were embarassingly drunk

set was almost all painting with stuff, which was mostly shit (better than the album for sure). they did a reworking of alvin row that was pretty disappointing, but daily routine and bees were incredible - hearing avey tare scream right in front of my face was worth all the BS.

their #throwback song now is pride and flight, which I feel like fits their new set style much better. also the painters EP is more enjoyable than PW IMHO and they play that whole record

why would you lie on the internet

>they reached into the back catalogue twice

Did you see a short set or something? When I saw them last Wednesday they played:
>Kids on Holiday
>Taste
>Sweet Road
>Summertime Clothes
>The Bees
>Water Curses

All the rest was from either PW or the Painters but that's a decent mix of old and new.

Also, Alvin Row, cannot forget they played that

he said it was an older set
i caught the pw tour and they plaid like 80% pw stuff. 2's prolly a stretch though because i remember bees, alvin row, loch raven, and daily routine for sure
good set looking forward to catching em this summer

Im seeing them tomorrow, saw them last year in starland ballroom.
Im expecting their newer material at this show so that's cool. Jimmy Mack should be a blast.

If you appreciate their music, you'll appreciate the show. My only real complaint was the setting as it was a crowded dance floor. Music was super loud too. Avey is a good performer, panda just does his thing as you see in any of his solo live shows. I could watch geo dance with that headlamp all day.

imma be there what are you wearing famalam

>woke up a week later when a chinese fishing boat crew was cutting open the stomache of a shark and i fell onto the deck
Guess you've been...
Shanghai'd.

ok, i'm not sure then it really depends on the venue in my experience, i just know that where they're playing in toronto has pretty strict security because it's like a historical building, went to a show there in the fall
it's the only way i can feel alive anymore

saw them on the PW tour and the crowd was dead as fuck except during Floridada.

I like Anco, but it was probably the least fun I've had at a show in recent times. If they gave a fuck at all about the fan experience, they would probably mix in a couple of more fan favorite songs in the set.

That said, I'm still probably going to see them Wednesday.

I don't know its in like 5 days.
how early should you go to get close to the front?

also does anyone know if the opening act is any good live? its Circuits des Yeux

Seeing them Friday, hopefully they do a good set

seen them on festival at 1am everyone was stoned out of their mind