youtube.com/watch?v=GAmZsfFKCxU
youtube.com/watch?v=eObop0waGII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no soundgarden discussion for over 6 months
>chris dies from autoerotic asphyxiation
>suddenly 5 soundgarden/audioslave threads a day

wow there really are normies on this board
I thought there were just Nth level shitposters

I'm kinda liking the resurgence. I don't see enough good grunge discussion on this board.

>a tripfag says he enjoys the resurgence of dialogue on a certain topic
gee this sure isn't a clear indicator that its a bad sign

this isn't even a soundgarden discussion you fucking faggot
it's a discussion about his death, obviously.

i'm the guy that always posted live chris cornell shit to my facebook and barely anything else, and got no likes.

:)^

i just think it's really fucking sad, probably due to or made worse by his medication. he was such a fucking dude

his voice is like a knife slicing through warm butter to me

tripfags made this board actually tolerable
not like you're not new enough to remember that though

I miss him. I regret putting off seeing soundgarden the past 7 years now more than ever. I kept thinking I couldn't afford to part with the money and it took something like this to realize you can't put a price tag on certain things and tomorrow is never certain and the price of being a cheap bastard is high sometimes. RIP Chris

imagine the mediocrity you must experience from having to re-enter your tripcode when you next post

I'm still sad

>only started listening to Soundgarden over the last six months
>made my country music girlfriend listen to some songs because Cornell has the most impressive voice I've heard
>bought another couple of their CDs to listen to in the car two weeks ago
>my car becomes a rolling grunge machine
>blasting Soundgarden over the top of neighborhood rap/top 40
>Chris kills himself

I'm not gonna cry over it or anything, but this has hit me harder than any celebrity death before. I really liked King Animal too - Soundgarden could've still had another couple good albums in them.

desu I just come here for the Chris threads
this is basically my support group and how I cope with this whole thing

but you don't get any likes no matter what you post user

does your country gf like higher truth?
>my car becomes a rolling grunge machine
kek, this

why else would anybody disagree with you
jesus

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHH HOOOOLYYY WAAAAATUUUUUHH

wait until you look deeper into the symbolism of his death

black hole son is the black sun
that symbol Josh Graham designed for them is a sigil

there's things going on you don't know

I don't know, I haven't really touched his solo stuff yet.
I'm listening to it now though and it might be something that we could both really enjoy. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Sounds kinda like Chris Stapleton which is good

yeah I thought it was countrish at times
you should really check his solo stuff
euphoria morning is considered THE solo record of his, but there are gems scatteret around every disc

youtube.com/watch?v=FkZtekeh4gQ
this is one from carry on

SSSSSSSWWWWWWRAAAAAAAASTTTTIN MEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEE

>there's things going on you don't know

so why don't you tell me

this is a stupid thing to say
and some retard like you says it every time someone dies

>indulging the paranoid schizo

ken

higher truth's cover art, badmotor's, the lyrics...

why were all the 2nd-tier grunge bands so vastly superior to the big four?

youtube.com/watch?v=t3DueWlgf5M
youtube.com/watch?v=U3vfAhxOOzA
youtube.com/watch?v=GAmZsfFKCxU

>melvins
>2nd-teir
u wot m8 u avin' a giggle

I don't believe he hung himself. This story sounds fishy to me desu.

Blood sacrifice

>melvins
>grunge
I still don't get this other than that they were part of the scene

there is no grunge genre
it's only a scene

you forgot TAD, pussy

youtube.com/watch?v=eObop0waGII

>I haven't really touched his solo stuff yet
wow are you in for a treat
check out his solo acoustic live album "Songbook" it's fucking unbelievable

HEELPP MEEEEE
JAACK PEEPSSIIII

i fucking love tad, big riffs for big fellas

theyre not, but screaming trees are definitely a fantastic band, used to love them when i was 16

Same, man. really underrated
have you seen tad doyle lately?

grunge santa clause

>Dead Goon
You are retarded, but Chris should have listened to Mr.Bungle's first album to know about the consequences of his fetish.

I've basically had nothing but Grunge playing on repeat since his death.
As I opened up Sup Forums I had Temple of the Dog playing.

Shit sucks, man.

>no soundgarden discussion for over 6 months
people who like good music don't frequent this board
all I see posted in this place is underground hipster stuff that nobody has ever heard of, kpop, and strange non-music noise type stuff
oh, and meme music

>suicide

Nah, I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. What a selfish twat.

this desu

This. A badass like Lemmy dies from health issues, and still puts out music and his best shows, dies a hero while boldly staring down death, knowing the end was near.

Meanwhile this emo cunt goes on hiatus for ages, basks in the glory of his fame, does a shitton of drugs, and ends his life because he's a hack with a laundry list of emotional issues.

Fuck him. He lived a luxurious and privileged life, if he could appreciate that in the first place, then he's better off dead.

all of us prefer the trips to the newfags. we would rather that you leave

he hasn't been on hiatus for ages wtf are you on about?

He was rad. I hadn't listened to his music in a long time, and am mostly listening to hip hop these days, but even though I still liked to check in on whatever his latest thing was he didn't occupy a space in my playlist like he used to. But I have to be honest and say if my musical interests were a tree (lame cliche) he goes all the way back to the formative roots, and he was always a familiar classic that I came back around to after long gaps.

I went to one of his acoustic solo shows in 2011 and saw Soundgarden a few months later when they made their first reunion rounds, and I can't tell you how fucking good that band really was live. I've been to so many shows and can say without hesitation they played the loudest. And Cornell still fucking murdered it at 46 or whatever he was. Came out with this grizzly beard I had never seen him in and just slaughtered a bunch of old SST/Subpop era shit like they had just put it to tape the day before.

I think one of the things that always impressed me the most about him was the breadth of his songwriting though, even more than his voice. Wrote some of the most dismally heavy shit that had no quarter on radio and then could crank out something that would have been at home on an old Nick Drake record. The respect for dynamics made each extreme stand apart more from the other if that makes any sense. Plus he just seemed like a decent cat in interviews, just answered questions with good eye contact and wasn't a cunt to people. I always thought he was a pretty cool example of someone who can be at the top of their game and still not feel like they need to be cruel to people or keep up a front.

There's too much good new music coming out for Sup Forums to keep talking about the old stuff all the time, and its good that we focus on new sounds, but that doesn't mean we ever forgot who our heroes were.

>get to University
>everyone playing Chris Cornell songs. some solo stuff, some soundgarden fans, some audioslave
>technician walks in
>'I saw them live in Hyde Park in 2014. what a time.
>I approve of all of you

good posts

Been listening to Temple of the Dog all day lads. Still can't believe it happened desu