THEY'RE TRYING TO BUILD A PRISON

THEY'RE TRYING TO BUILD A PRISON

WAKE UP

PUSHING LITTLE CHILDREN

WITH THEIR FULLY AUTOMATICS

The best nu metal album

AND A JET PILOT

WALK WITH ME MY LITTLE CHILD

System of a Down is objectively the only good nu metal band.

10 years ago everyone was shitting on SoaD

yep

I liked Mesmerize / Hypnotize immediately after the release.

cough

Early deftones and korn s/t are undoubtedly better.

Tool is not nu metal.

>korn
lel
I'm not familiar with Deftones' material so I'm not going to argue there.

tool is alt metal
>Deftones
Sure
>Korn
Nah

Tool is a nu-metal band.

I saw Tool once, but I spent the entire show smoking some homemade hash which was scraped from a pan lined with the cancer-associated substance known as Teflon. I got sick and was the only person sitting down in the entire arena. It was the most nu-metal thing I have ever done, and it serves as proof that Tool is a nu-metal band.

Oh, you don't like that? Need more proof?

- Tool's singer is bald, and the band has toured with Rage Against the Machine. - Tool's members collaborated on various songs by Isis, which is a band that people who used to listen to nu-metal go on to listen to later. - Tool's singer also makes wine, which is a beverage that Marilyn Manson drinks. Marilyn Manson has toured with a lot of nu-metal bands.

Therefore, Tool is a nu-metal band. Cry about it on your way to your community-college sociology class as you comb your goatee.

I just made the exact same thread without noticing someone already the same one lel

ᵀʰᵉʸ'ʳᵉ ᵗʳʸᶦᶰᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵘᶦᶫᵈ ᵃ ᵖʳᶦˢᵒᶰ

Wrong, best nu metal is either Around the Fur or Korn s/t. My vote goes to Korn.

The first album of korn is way more texturized , dark and raw than soad and had an unique aproach to the genre. Toxicity is too 2000's alternative metal to be as good as korn's debut.

>Tool's singer is bald
okay... so???
>toured with Rage Against the Machine
another band that isn't nu metal
>Tool's members collaborated on various songs by Isis, which is a band that people who used to listen to nu-metal go on to listen to later.
This is a TOTAL reach and basically you're fucking stupid
>Tool's singer also makes wine, which is a beverage that Marilyn Manson drinks. Marilyn Manson has toured with a lot of nu-metal bands.
This doesn't even merit a response.

All in all, 2/10. Try harder.

Tool is not nu metal you fucking lunatic

This is awful but I actually laught.

>I saw Tool once, but I spent the entire show smoking some homemade hash which was scraped from a pan lined with the cancer-associated substance known as Teflon
Maybe that's why you're functionally retarded now

literally just copypasta newfags

What do you expect from the new SOAD album?
Definitely the biggest problem is that Serj is unable to scream like he did on the first 3 albums.
Yet I think it will be less polished than M/H and more visceral.

I think their politics may throw a lot of Sup Forumstards off their new music

It will probably sound like Serj's solo stuff but heavier

>tfw all research on successful drug policy shows that treatment should be increased, and law enforcement decreased while abolishing mandatory minimum sentences

QUICK! Post your top 3 songs on Toxicity

1. Forest
2. Psycho
3. Needles

That's not what I asked for but their politics are known since circa 1995. So what?

have they released any samples or previews of new material? is there even a timeline or official announcement?

idk if i could appreciate a new album but i hope they tour in california soon.

1. Forest
2. Jet Pilot
3. Toxicity

Toxicity is the best song on the album but I just like the others more. All in all it's a very good album with no weak points.

While I don't agree Toxicity is the best song, I will agree that it has one of the best outros

>WHEN I BECAME THE SUN I SHOWN LIFE INTO THE MANS HEARTS

But if we talk about careers system of a down's is way better than korns and korn already sounded like they were out of ideas by their 3rd album whereas SOAD released their best work 4 albums in and they actually added diversity to the genre. Sure Korn invented it but SOAD innovated it along with Deftones and made actually worth listening.

You just asked what to expect from their new album. It will invariably inflame the alt-right and may be branded with blm. I wonder if it will mention ISIS or the european immigration crisis or Trump.

I think it's great, I've never been politically aware during a SOAD release.

SOAD has always been extremely political but rarely overtly so. A lot of their political messages were delivered abstractly or "artistically" for lack of a better word. I was a huge SOAD fan back in the day, but their lyrics never played a huge role in their music for me. Serj's emotion and energy made their lyrics seem good regardless.

I doubt Serj would take that approach in the current political climate. He would write lyrics that are extremely direct and pointed, very in your face, like most modern "political" acts. It's tiring and boring.

>I think it's great, I've never been politically aware during a SOAD release.

That might be what I was getting at with this:

>A lot of their political messages were delivered abstractly or "artistically" for lack of a better word.
All research and successful drug policy show that treatment should be increased
And law enforcement decreased while abolishing mandatory minimum sentences
Utilising drugs to pay for secret wars around the world
Drugs are now your global policy, now you police the globe

hmmmmmm

It's hard since i've not listened to this album in maybe 4 years but as long as i can remember forest, psycho and prison song were my favourites.

Self titled is better by the way.

what did serj mean by this?

No their political songs were as straight forward as it gets but their songs that commented on our mortality,religion or the system in general could get quite creative (see Suite pee,suggestions,forest,nuguns,question)

Serj is the only nu metal vocalist able to pull off angsty screams without sounding like a whiny faggot.
Pic unrelated.

Ya and he has a lot of playful vocals as well, especially on the first album.

1. ATWA
2. The Prison Song
3. Chop Suey

I THINK MEEEEE I WANT LIFE

SOAD's self-titled is their best album, btw, and Darts is their best song.

WHY
DO

TABLECLOTH

This early deftones best deftones. Went downhill when chino got fat
Around the fur > Adrenaline > White Pony > Everything else
Seeing them next month at MGM in DC, not sure what to expect

>implying

confirmed new copy pasta?

>Listening to this album while lurking
>Low-key was looking for a SoaD thread
>Didn't expect to find one over the exact album

Hypnotize is a better album if you ask me.

1. Toxicity
2. Aerials
3. Psyco

Deer Dance
Toxicity
Jet Pilot

Contrary to Korn, SOAD only got better and more creative as they went along. Deftones is up there though, i agree.

Agreed. Also, on their first album he pulls off some great Death Metal-tier growls as well